Kouta

Deer Jutsu 1.9

Pretty Simple Genjutsu to get us started. Then something different at the bottom two. Included Four jutsu instead of the normal three, since these are the only genjutsu in the set

Kaori o Yuwaku [seductive Scent]
Type: Genjutsu [Void]
Cost: 90 Chakra
Damage: 0 Damage
Effect: Target is “Charmed” against the user for the next Three Turns.

Charmed: The target of this effect is charmed by the [Character], which is normally the opponent who inflicted the effect. When the [Character] is hit by an attack from target of the effect, they roll a 10 sided die. If the result is 1, 2, 3 or 5 they are dealt only 50% base damage and the effect durations from that attack are cut in half (rounded up). Once per turn, the target of this effect must roll a 10 sided die, if the result is three or below they are "immobilized by love" and may not attack the [Character] for that turn.

Description: Living in the forest provides a certain respect for the scents of flowers and animals that live within it. With a simple thought, the user of this jutsu can begin to craft a Genjutsu using only those most seductive. In moments, the enemy will find themselves hopelessly attracted to the caster of the jutsu, trying as hard as they can to keep themselves from hurting their “one true love.”
Cost: 3

Buresu Zei [stilling Breath]
Cost: 100 Chakra, 70 Chakra Per Turn Upkeep
Effect: Target’s Evasion is reduced by 150 for as long as the user continues to pay for the technique. Maximum Duration is Five Turns.
Description: Summoning the powers of ones’ mind, a simple exhale is all that is required to spell doom for an opposing foe. Infusing the breath with chakra, the jutsu swirls about, urging the opponent to stay still, even in the face of immediate danger. Oftentimes the jutsu is described by its victims and a calming, peaceful sensation where suddenly dying just didn’t matter anymore.
Cost: 5

Saike Kokan [Psyche Exchange]
Effect: Choose one target on the field. Target recovers 90 points of Ghost Health (unmodified). User receives 90 points of Ghost Health Damage (unmodified). If target is not an ally/willing participant, dodge rolls take place as per usual. If the Ghost Health damage taken by either user during the switch is enough to render them unconscious, and their Ghost Health prior to the resolution of this jutsu is 10 or greater, they are instead set at 1 Ghost Health. This jutsu may only be used twice per battle.
Description: Often described as a therapeutic technique, the Psyche Exchange is, above all, a tool of understanding. By sorting through the target’s mind, a practitioner of the jutsu can find those things in the mind that are most painful, such as negative experiences, and siphon the worst parts of them into their own head. This allows unparalleled ability to understand and communicate with an individual with a troubled past, as well as relieve some of the pain they might be feeling.

Itami no Dentatsu [Transferrance of Pain]
Cost: .5X Chakra + Y Chakra
Effect: May be used in the Response Phase. If so, jutsu has a 20% Chance to Fail, and both the Set-up and Main Phase are forfeited. Choose one target on the field (may only target self and allies) currently being attacked. If target ally is an unwilling participant, they must respond to this jutsu BEFORE they respond to the incoming damage. All dodge rolls will apply normally on an unwilling participant. User may spend .5X Chakra (Where X equals the cost of the incoming technique, total cost not to exceed Chunnin Caps), to defer the damage of an attack for 2 turns. This time period may be extended by spending .1X Chakra (Denoted as Y Chakra) for each additional turn deferred, to a maximum of 5 turns.Target will then take the damage as usual. Target does not get a response phase to respond to deferred damage. Any other effects of the attack will proceed as normal. May only be used 3 times per battle.
Description: The mind is a powerful thing. It has the capability to shrug off attacks and injuries far greater than we can imagine. Often because we simply aren’t trying. The Transferrance of Pain is a jutsu designed to cause us to do exactly that. A simple, Genjutsu-based command is fired at the brain as fast as possible, telling the brain that this damage is not real. Often this causes the brain to interpret the incoming damage the same as it would for any Genjutsu based threat. Some of this comes from the fact that the mind actively does try and fight off a Genjutsu based threat (the impulse from the caster). The result is that the target seems momentarily superhuman, as even the worst and most painful of attacks are suddenly mere figments of imagination.
Cost: 4

Edited by Kouta

Remove damage tag from techs with no damage. They don't get attack mods either, so it's not needed there.

Seductive Scent and Stilling Breath, are Approved.

Psyche Exchange- not happening as far as I'm concerned, that affect is too powerful for a chuunin technique.

Transference of Pain also seems more like it'd be a jounin technique, from the cost (I mean only .4X of the incoming tech's cost to transform the damage all together?), and just the ability. Cost I feel needs to go up even as a jounin rank technique- and I'm not too found of the idea of bending reality for the sake of 'mind over manner'. If your guts are spewing out because someone rasengan'd you, you're not going to be able to simply let the damage hit your psyche and not your body.

My inner sensibilities refuse to let it go from cost to effect. I can say N/A, but the slot will remain.

3. That's terribad reviewing there. Hows bout a little "here's maybe what COULD be done.." so we can remedy the technique? I've offered a meeting in the middle. Instead of full switch, I've offered a static number that is transferred from target to caster. Same principle, way less powerful.

4. I think this is totally doable at Chunnin Rank. It's one simple suggestion that causes them to reject reality. People have done far crazier stuff using mind over matter than fight with grievous injuries. Also, changing the type of damage isn't a huge effect systematically. I'm not making it weaker, or less effective. I'm not targeting the effects like burn or bleed or anything. I'm just changing the target of the damage. Forcing you to think outside of the box and generally fucking up reality. Isn't that the definition of Genjutsu? If need be, I can try and do a "temporary" rejection of reality (so like, it defers the damage for X turns, at which point the target will take the damage), but for now, I've upped both the cost and the fail chance in hopes of appeasing you.

Edited by Kouta

My inner sensibilities refuse to let it go from cost to effect. I can say N/A, but the slot will remain.

3. That's terribad reviewing there.

Terribad reviewing would constitute as making you wait for a half-year or more before you get a reply, Corey. Don't insult someone spending their time to make your things get done more expediently.

Psyche Exchange's problem as it previous stood was there was no definition of exactly how it worked, and as such a 'healing' genjutsu technique could've been used to damage someone immensely, and you also had no cap on the damage which could be transferred for the chakra you were spending, which isn't acceptable, and you knew that it wouldn't be.

4. Even so, conceptually the idea of a chuunin bending reality, as yes, that's what it is- as the damage doesn't return when the technique is finished, it stays as ghost/mental/psychological damage until the end of battle; isn't something I'd accept. If you want a suggestion of something similar that would be workable? You can lower the fail chance to 10%, the cost to say .5X of incoming damage. However, in exchange for the lessening cost comes with the thing which is required for logic and game balance (in my eyes) and that is an upkeep cost of .8Y, where Y is .5X, with X defined as it was before as the incoming damage transformed into ghost damage.

Edited by Warr

You spelled my name wrong :(

3. So is it more acceptable now that that there is a defined limit?

4. The argument that I would pose is "Thats because the damage doesn't go away. I just made it hit a part of them you didn't want it to." Systematically, damaging Ghost Health is as prevalent as damage to real Health. Neither one is lesser, as both can win you the fight. Now, the fact that practically nobody ever bothers to damage ghost health is definitely being taken advantage of here, but thats not the systems fault. That fault lies in the players. However, I feel that argument would get us nowhere, and drag this into the muck of argument. So hows bout that other idea? Changed it instead to "Damage gets deferred for X number of turns, and THEN hits the target."

Edited by Kouta

Psychic Exchange; We're actually discussing the logistics of 'self heal', so this may need to be altered in the future. What I can say now is that it absolutely must say that it may not be modified. If you would kindly put that in.

Transference of Pain; The only thing I don't like about it (it's a cool concept, I love playing around with the mind's ability to perceive pain, but I digress) is if you select a target other than the user, they will suffer the damage WITHOUT a response phase. I don't feel like that's fair, no matter the price. I realize that you normally wouldn't get a Response phase in order to deter the damage on another target without you yourself being the target of an attack, BUT it's still possible. I know, I've done it <_<. So story short: if you make it that it can only be used on the user, then it'll be fine and dandy. I can potentially see the uses of this in a team battle and if that's what you were going for, I think we could find a way to make that work- like Savior.

1. Sure, no problem. But this jutsu doesn't self heal, just to clarify. "Select target. They heal 90 GH. You get damaged 90 GH." If you chose yourself, you'd just break even and waste chakra.

2. Curses! You have discovered my nefarious loophole. I'll change it so that it may only target self or willing allies. All non-willing participants respond to this jutsu FIRST and then to any damage aimed at them.

Everything but Saike Kokan [Psyche Exchange] here I can approve.

Saike Kokan [Psyche Exchange] I am iffy on, but you are just moving the damage around and its in a locked amount of 90 Ghost HP and basically costs you a main phase, so it seems balanced. However, there is a loophole here. If a player is at 1 Ghost HP, they can use this forever without losing HP. I would like the clause to instead say...

"If the Ghost Health damage taken by either user during the switch is enough to render them unconscious and their current Ghost Health is greater than 10, they are instead set at 1 Ghost Health."

Also, we still need to close out discussion about this in admin. If you want to get this stuff approved quickly I would suggest removing that technique since the rest seem fine. Or you could wait, whatever you want.

Saike Kokan [Psyche Exchange]

Effect: Choose one target on the field. Target recovers 90 points of Ghost Health (unmodified). User receives 90 points of Ghost Health Damage (unmodified). If target is not an ally/willing participant, dodge rolls take place as per usual. If the Ghost Health damage taken by either user during the switch is enough to render them unconscious, and their Ghost Health prior to the resolution of this jutsu is 10 or greater, they are instead set at 1 Ghost Health.

Description: Often described as a therapeutic technique, the Psyche Exchange is, above all, a tool of understanding. By sorting through the target’s mind, a practitioner of the jutsu can find those things in the mind that are most painful, such as negative experiences, and siphon the worst parts of them into their own head. This allows unparalleled ability to understand and communicate with an individual with a troubled past, as well as relieve some of the pain they might be feeling.

Okay, so I am on the fence here still because this comes DANGEROUSLY close to medical jutsu. However, because it is moving health around rather than healing it, and because it has a cap of 90 damage, I am willing to allow this version as is. However, I want a maximum of two uses per battle attached to this.

Itami no Dentatsu [Transferrance of Pain]

Cost: .5X Chakra

Effect: May be used in the Response Phase. If so, jutsu has a 20% Chance to Fail, and both the Set-up and Main Phase are forfeited. Choose one target on the field (may only target self and allies) currently being attacked. If target ally is an unwilling participant, they must respond to this jutsu BEFORE they respond to the incoming damage. All dodge rolls will apply normally on an unwilling participant. User may spend .5X Chakra (Where X equals the cost of the incoming technique, total cost not to exceed Chunnin Caps), to defer the damage of an attack for 5 turns. Target will then take the damage as usual. Target does not get a response phase to respond to deferred damage. Any other effects of the attack will proceed as normal. May only be used 3 times per battle.

Description: The mind is a powerful thing. It has the capability to shrug off attacks and injuries far greater than we can imagine. Often because we simply aren’t trying. The Transferrance of Pain is a jutsu designed to cause us to do exactly that. A simple, Genjutsu-based command is fired at the brain as fast as possible, telling the brain that this damage is not real. Often this causes the brain to interpret the incoming damage the same as it would for any Genjutsu based threat. Some of this comes from the fact that the mind actively does try and fight off a Genjutsu based threat (the impulse from the caster). The result is that the target seems momentarily superhuman, as even the worst and most painful of attacks are suddenly mere figments of imagination.

Cost: 4

This technique seems a bit underpriced for what it does. I realize that it does not COMPLETELY avoid the damage, so it should be less than a response phase jutsu, but I think pushing back 5 turns for 50% cost is too cheap. I would probably start it at 50% for deferring two turns, and add 10% for each turn after that. So three turns .6x, four turns .7x and for five turns I would say .8x