Baromosa

The Jade Circle

Organization Name: The Jade Circle

Organization Head: -

Organization Base: Extra Village

Organization Goals: To keep balance between all shinobi villages.

Organization History: The Jade Circle sprang into existence shortly after the NCIA was disbanded and Kumo lost control over the shinobi nations. ‘The Order of The Jade Circle’ as its full name was established by a single mysterious man and a small band of followers. A council made up of this band of high ranking members would convene to discuss intelligence gathered on the activities of the shinobi villages and decide if they posed a substantial threat to the balance of power in various regions. Council meetings would be the medium that decisions were made about the shinobi leaders, and whether these leaders could be reasoned with or needed more firm actions taken against. Aside from concern about powerful leaders, the Jade Council would also direct the organization to gather intelligence that could be used to determine if secret projects were being developed. If need be, the Jade Circle could be called into service to eliminate such a threat.

In practice, The Jade Circle would have no more then 50 members at any one time scattered across the world, each council member having direct control over up to 4 specific members. These teams would be responsible for intelligence gathering when called for, and blending in during times of peace. If unneeded, members lived normal shinobi lives in the village they called home without ever putting their positions in danger. However, if trouble did arise the team leader would summon them to dawn their marks as Jade Circle members and perform their duties to the Order. If refusal occurs after membership, the member would be eliminated.

And so the Jade Circle continues to operate secretly around the continent, taking care of matters covertly as they see fit. If this falls under assassination, espionage, sabotage, or blackmail, the Jade Circle will serve faithfully. Their armor is usually painted in dark greens with white stitching, but has not yet been officially recognized as the organization has not revealed itself as of yet.

Total Members: -

Maximum Officers: 10

Entrance Fee: 250

Organization Skills:

TBA

Organization Jutsu:

TBA

Organization Equipment:

The Jade Circle will make equipment for its members that preform deeds that help the organization's goals and security. Missions can be done to accomplish this, higher ranked missions earning more points towards equipment.

Missions:

Rank D - 1 Point

Rank C - 5 Points

Rank B - 10 Points

Rank A - 25 Points

Rank S - 50 Points

(1 Point = $10 Equipment Value)

Ring of the Jade Circle Council

Item Kind: Ring

Body Placement: Hands

Attributes: Hidden

Special:

-Grants Access to the Jade Circle Hideout

Description: This ring given to the ten top members the the Jade Circle, this ring can be showed to other members as proof of membership and rank. The ring itself is a steel metal band with a piece of jade socketed into the center. Engravings and infused chakra keep the ring a secret until the user specifically uses their own chakra to undo the hidden property of the ring.

Cost: 5 Points

Requirements: Jade Circle Officer

Bracers of the Jade Champion

Armor Kind: Dark Leather

Body Placement: Forearms

Attributes:

• Anti-Burn: If an enemy attack of equal or less rank to the 'user' would leave you burned, you are not burned, applies to only to physical attacks.

Special: - Chakra Induced Thread: 1% of Ninjutsu damage taken gained back as chakra. Stacks with other equipment.

Description: Tough dark green leather bracers threaded with the white chakra conductive thread signature of the Jade Circle artisans. These bracers protect the user from burns by blocking the fire with this fire retardant treated leather, given out to those who help the Jade Circle's goals.

Cost: 25 Points

Chest Guard of the Jade Champion

Body Placement: Chest

Attributes:

• Elemental Resistance (Fire): You take 75% of physical Fire damage.
  • Elemental Resistance (Lightning): You take 75% of physical Lightning damage.
  • Elemental Resistance (Earth): You take 75% of physical Earth damage.
  • Elemental Resistance (Wind): You take 75% of physical Wind damage.
  • Elemental Resistance (Water): You take 75% of physical Water damage.

Special: - Chakra Induced Thread: 1% of Ninjutsu damage taken gained back as chakra. Stacks with other equipment.

Description: The chest piece of the Jade Circle is of course dark green, and stitched with white chakra conductive thread to supplement the users chakra pool. This high quality leather used has been infused with elemental chakra as well, giving mild resistance to all forms of elemental manipulation.

Cost: 55 Points

Leg Guards of the Jade Champion

Body Placement: Thighs

Attributes:

• Anti-Freeze: If an enemy attack of equal or less rank to the 'user' would leave you frozen, you are not frozen, applies to only to physical attacks.

Description: The legs guards that rest over the Jade Circle shinobi's thighs are made of dark green leather, padded with insulation and threaded with the white chakra conductive thread that again allows for chakra supplementation. The insulation protects the user against frozen effects, shielding them from wintery harm.

Boots of the Jade Champion

Body Placement: Thighs

Attributes:

• Anti-Shock: If an enemy attack of equal or less rank to the 'user' would leave you shocked, you are not shocked, applies to only to physical attacks.

Description: These combat boots are made of durable dark green leather with black soles, stitched together with obscure white thread cross stitched through the boot. The rubber insulation inside the boot and metal grounders placed on the side allow a quick and effective way to prevent electricity from shocking the wearer.

Edited by Baromosa

To keep maximum profit sustained, each shinobi village would care for its nation without wasting resources fighting off each other.

I understand the necessity, but the Shinboi economy relies on freelance missions among warring countries. If they abolish war there's nothing kick start economic growth, which is essential end to inevitable depression once people realize the global central economy (Kumo) is gone.

Prolonged wars like that of the war against Kumogakure took focus off the shinobi way of life

Huh?

I'll never understand how people see Ninja-hood in the Naruto-verse as a romantic fantasy, almost homage to the futal Samurai. The Shinboi way is a glorified business. All Kumo did was usher several independent contractors into a massive corporation.

Though business is primary to shinobi leaders, I think there is plenty of romanticism in serving just as you find in the military. Eventually you all see concern for the safety of others in the village and of the village itself, and the economics sorta get left behind.

In this way, the economy is both primary and sorta not even thought of. In the series it seems to shift back and forth quite a bit.

Edit: Also note: This organization will attempt to balance out the nations forces. Wars can continue, but this makes sure no one side will ever get an advantage an be able to over take anything. And just because that is the goal, that does not mean the Jade Circle can be completely successful.

Edited by Baromosa

So the 'Jade Circle' is basically the 'NCIA', but not? I doubt any nation, particularly now, would like any other nation interfering with it's own sovereignty, it just fought very hard to get it.

They don't meet very often, they just stay in the background and take out things they don't think should be there or unbalance things.

Say Suna is building a weapon, something that would totally mess up konoha. The Jade Circle calls its members out of hiding, annihilate the weapon, and disappear again. Konoha never knows about the weapon, and no one suspects anything.

I also haven't got around to editing the history. It was just something I made until the Jade Circle actually comes about RP wise.

As for the NCIA thing, it was created by a person who does not respect sovereignty

Edited by Baromosa

So basically it's a militant UN, an extra-village which thinks it has the authority to supercede a village? Again, not something any village would allow or accept.

Sounds like a 'lol somewhat neo-Akatsuki'.

Anyone in this organization would instantly become a 'missing-nin' to nearly every village, assumably. Because 'not recognizing their sovereignty' won't stop them from putting bounties on members or suspected members, and the whole 'Green Rings', and the whole distinctive armor, would easily make them stand out and be to hit targets.

Edited by Warr

Not denying that. Extra village organizations are almost always missing from what I read in the explanation.

What I'm picturing is sorta like the scene in the three musketeers. The musketeers are disbanded, but throughout Paris they hid their tunics and weapons everywhere so that when they rised again they were ready even if 'disbanded.'

That's sorta what I'm going for here. A Heroic group of people that believe in fighting for this cause, and would risk the danger to be a part of something greater then a single village.

I don't think there is anything truly wrong with Baromosa's concept. He's basically just making an organization dedicated to "preserving" the balance between the nations. This doesn't necessarily mean they will be effective in doing so, and most villages (if not all) would not like them interfering, so they would all most likely be considered Missing-nin if their identities are known.

We didn't say there was anything wrong with the concept, we were saying it's pretty unneeded, and it'd also be sort of 'lololol', in the end. Compare this organization to several other organizations sitting around here, and you'll see what I mean about the repetitive situations.

Though business is primary to shinobi leaders, I think there is plenty of romanticism in serving just as you find in the military. Eventually you all see concern for the safety of others in the village and of the village itself, and the economics sorta get left behind.

In this way, the economy is both primary and sorta not even thought of. In the series it seems to shift back and forth quite a bit.

Not every village is like Konoha. I'm sure plenty of shinobi are in it simply for the money (which can't suck, otherwise no one would want to do it in the first place; besides the 'romantics', anyway). For every, say, ten shinobi that join for the love of their country, my bet is that there's at least fifty who join only for the cash.

Also, anyway you try to sell this idea, it comes off (to me anyway) as a glorified Kumo/NCIA wannabe. Kumo, however diluted their original intentions might have become, initially wanted to bring stability into the shinobi world. With all of the continents' shinobi under the control of a single power, wars would have (supposedly) become a non-issue. No more starving villages fighting just to make ends meet; everyone would have gotten an equal share of the pie. I'd say it's the 'romantics', the ones with that undying love for their country, that originally opposed this idea in the first place.

You see, such emotional attachments to ones country often gives birth (more often than not) to the idea that same country is better than all. Idea's like that are what so often drag most countries into war.

You explained the NCIA standpoint very well, but that only further explains my point.

The NCIA controlled every nation to make wars a non-issue.

The Jade Circle wants to preserve the power balance between the nations. They can fight all they want, as long as no village starts to actually do any real damage to another village. Basically, if Kiri for example started to do extremely well, past the point the Jade Circle think they should be doing, this organization kicks in saying 'hey, what the [fun]' and begins to undermine their success.

edit: I realize I didn't describe it very well. I think my history isn't clear enough. I will try to make it better.

Edited by Baromosa

That's sorta what I'm going for here. A Heroic group of people that believe in fighting for this cause, and would risk the danger to be a part of something greater then a single village.
The Jade Circle wants to preserve the power balance between the nations. They can fight all they want, as long as no village starts to actually do any real damage to another village

And all of this would considered 'heroic' in what way?

Also, Kumo actually held control over all the nations. The NCIA was merely put into place for practically the same purpose as this 'Jade Circle'; to maintain the 'balance', and preserve the general peace within the Empire. Wars simply became a non-issue (or would have, in any case) because every nation would've been benefiting just as much as the next.

Edited by Maelstrom

And so the Jade Circle continues to operate secretly around the world...

Keep in mind that the Naruto (and NA) world has never been clearly defined or identified. All we've ever seen from the manga is a single continent comprised of five major powers. What's beyond that can only be guessed at. With that said, I'd prefer it if you kept their reach strictly to within the continent itself. We don't know what's out there anymore than Kishi probably does. For all we know, this continent may be the first in existence to rely on shinobi; or the shinobi of this continent may have sprung from the seeds of another continent much farther ahead of the times, who've been waging war with shinobi long before their introduction into the canon 'world'.

Keep in mind that the Naruto (and NA) world has never been clearly defined or identified. All we've ever seen from the manga is a single continent comprised of five major powers. What's beyond that can only be guessed at. With that said, I'd prefer it if you kept their reach strictly to within the continent itself. We don't know what's out there anymore than Kishi probably does. For all we know, this continent may be the first in existence to rely on shinobi; or the shinobi of this continent may have sprung from the seeds of another continent much farther ahead of the times, who've been waging war with shinobi long before their introduction into the canon 'world'.

Sorry for any misconceptions, but I only intended this continent. I assumed 'the world' was solely this continent.