Cellar Door

Training Jacket

Heavy Training Jacket

Body Placement: Torso

Attributes:

Training Weight
[500 Ryo]

When worn outside of combat, the user is conferred a +.5 expereince bonus per line to all experience gained through training. This bonus does not count towards missions, holiday gifts, or anything else of that nature. When worn during combat, the wearer's Speed is considered to be at 50% of their total, and all Taijutsu techniques cost and addition 10% Stamina. These penalty can only be removed by taking off the jacket, which requires a set-up phase. A +10% experience bonus is also granted for each battle in which the jacket is worn the entire time.

Description: For hundreds of years there have been schools of martial arts that have used weight to increase the return from physical training. The weight puts additional strain on the muscles and lessens the agility of those training, but the results can be astounding.

Description: Made of a material that resembles grey fleece, this jacket appears to be an ordinary wind-breaker with a zipper running up the middle of the garment. Unlike most winter-wear, this coat weighs upwards of fifty-five pounds, making it too heavy for most to wear comfortably. The weight comes from lead plates distributed evenly across the sleeves, back, and front of the jacket. Though heavy, these plates are much too small and soft to confer any protection to the wearer. Jackets and other garments of this style have been used by many warrior and martial artists in hopes of increasing their physical strength and stamina.

Cost: 500 Ryo

[Requires permission to be obtained.]

Edited by Cellar Door

The edits that were made;

- Removed Unique

- Add; "Cannot stack with Quick Learner or any skill that gives bonus to EXP gain"

Why can't it stack? You're not gonna stop 'learning' anytime you throw on a set of weights. Just doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Edit: If anything, this should be one of the few effects that actually is allowed to stack with 'Quick Learner'.

Edited by Maelstrom

If you want to know, ask him. Otherwise, he doesn't have a problem and if he does, he can present it and we can discuss further. Except, that happened, I didn't even forbid the possibility, I just said I'd rather not because of so and so, and he agreed. If we're speaking logically here then, as you say you're not going to stop learning. Then why would it be a constant 10% of additional experience for everything he does, forever? The body would naturally adapt to the weight as if he had put the weight on in pounds and therefore I seriously doubt there would be a static number involved. I'm just working with what he gave me.

Anyways, yeah. I'm cool with it Kase <3.

Edited by Exodus