Miso

Miso Soup Productions°

So, I thought; "Why not show my new art?"

I must say, after working the rust off and polishing my skills, I have gotten much better than I used to be. I remember trying a Syaoran(sp?) sketch and I didn't like it to be honest. When I drew that one, I didn't draw for like a year and it was my third or fourth or fifth attempt at drawing something after that long a hiatus. Now though, a year(?) later, I think and feel that I am better than I was and/or ever was. I have like a book(thickness) worth of pages just doodled on. So, I will share them.

Reminder; these are sketches and scanned not tablet-ed/digital(intuos/wacom) drawn. So bear with me. I don't like to shade(I can but don't) or color(working on that skill), or add a buh-gillion little wrinkles in the clothing or hair(again.. can but don't). Also, I like to add semi-unnoticable 'NA' signs in my NA oriented work. Why? Because it's fun. xD

So jouir! (french: enjoy)

My new character- (not Masato)

MisoNara.jpg

Bad-ass Inuzuka character I talked about- (These 2(two) were also depth practices)

inuzuka.jpg

Scan3.jpg

Edited by Miso

Thank you, thank you, thank you. =D

These ones are my favorite of my new drawings. I wish I could consistently draw like this but sometimes I don't have the patience and rushing is a no-no. Not OCs but FLCL females. I just looked at the cover of each DVD and began drawing because they were awesome. If anyone has ever seen the cover of FLCL discs, they are almost impossible to see. x_x

Harukoha.jpg

This one was the most experienced gained from and funnest to draw:

Eri-N.jpg

This one is the favorite of the three(end result):

S-Mamime.jpg

Oh, this one is OC. Straight from the brain. I like it but it's not a 10/10:

furi-kuri.jpg

This one I did yesterday actually, when I was on NA. Hooray for multi-tasking! Anyways, I like this one alot and it's not even finished yet. It's supposed to be a picture; a photo. Like how Kakashi and team 7 have a picture. That is how this one is supposed to be. Maybe I should start a DA account. o.o?

IR.jpg

Edited by Miso

this one was influenced by cartoongirl7(Jo) from DA. I looked at one of her pictures and was like, you know what? I should try that. So, i did one day when I was watching a tennis tourny on the tv. Just doodling and watching tennis. xD

Scan4.jpg

Yeah, and I finally finished drawing my new char. I drew like 3-4-5-6 before I got what I envisioned. Fuck angles/perspectives. Anyways, it won't be here, it will be on teh character sheet.

Edited by Miso

Alright. I did this one of Izai..... You have no $%&@#%g idea how difficult he is to draw. I wanted to include kori but paper only has so much room so i fist of the beast king'd him. Wanted to actually draw a accented lion face but by the time i got there, he literally pissed me off so much that i had to stop. i wanted to cry doing this. Syaoran wasn't even this hard(idk maybe). T__T

izai.jpg

Honestly, i see potential there but this is about as close to done as I can get. This is the kinda drawings that make me quit for long periods of time. .__.

yo yo yo yo yo.... seriously. check this one out. What do you all think of it. It's not my normal style but I wonder how it looks. It's Edo, when he is interrupted while reading. You know. When someone just sits next to him all of a sudden. I wanted him to be eating but whatevs, books is fine too.

edo.jpg

I just upped the contrast a little bit as I do with all my drawings. I am light handed and as a result, my penciling will be light. What you think? o.o

Edited by Miso

A comic strip of Edo blocking the path of the little robin summon. Interesting. I've been trying my hand at the comic squares lately. Fun stuff actually.

cstrip.jpg

edit- You have to read the post to know what was said in the picture. =P

Edited by Miso

Thanks for the words of encouragement you guys. I've came a long way since the beginning of this year, I still want to get better though. Since I picked up my old Jim Lee and Marc Silvestri comics that my uncle gave me years ago. I've been on the grind hard. I want to try inking but that'll come later after I get a proper inking pen. But in the mean time, check out this one. It was a warmup piece to get my hand and brain going, pure rough sketch but surprisingly never erased. o.o

sketch2.jpg

thanks inspired one. Izai was so ridiculously hard. Took a lot out of me to draw him, i couldn't finish but it's the best i can do. I think that one was too ambitious but I tried anyways. =D

Here goes Midori. Jim's 2nd pc. Kinda weird for me to draw a girl so young but I attempted it anyways. Ninja boots don't suit her but she is cute either way. jailbait. O=

vms-1.jpg

lol, either way, she's cute. I will probz draw more of her. Anyways, here goes Shouga. You had like absolutely no description of him, so I kinda went with the camo theme and the short hair. The robes, i dunno. I kinda liked the idea of a poncho instead, kinda like the helghast snipers wear from Killzone 2. It was good drawing him tho, took like and hour or two.

sketch-3.jpg

where the pants end, it's actually boots. i didn't want to just darken it in but i lightly shadowed it, apparently too light. x.x

This one came about after attempting a battle piece. It's just the start of a grander piece that I want to do. Do know if I want to limit it to village specific or village wide. That's still a later piece though. For now, here is Nana. Rara's 2nd char. Stick with her! I'm telling you, she's an interesting char. =D

nana.jpg

^^^^^ baby made me l-o-l.

I haven't drawn for a bit. I probably lost muh skill, or packed on rust. I dunno. Maybe I'll put one in the future. But for now, digital arts!

TheBossSig.png

I dunno, I liked the pic and wanted to do something with it. Bada bing! Can you spot the soup?