Kouta

Deer Clan Level 1 :: Kenkei

.:: The Elder Sibling, Kenkei ::.

54d0a7a4-1a4b-4d58-89ae-ec0474e442ed_zps

~ Art by Deviant Art User Vattukat

Kenkei and Karui share a common father, making them siblings. While Karui is the gentler of the pair, Kenkei, being much older (and reasonable bigger) asserts herself as superior. Possessing similar traits on their father’s end, Kenkei is also an amber brown color, but since she is still young, her body is frail, not very muscled, and thoroughly clumsy. Kenkei, therefore, prefers not to fight. Where she refuses to fight, however, Kenkei studies many things, like lore and the workings of the world. When forced to fight, Kenkei relies on the tiny protruding horns atop her head, often using a strange, sprightly form of Taijutsu that involves many tiny hops and jab-like kicks that scrape and bite. Kenkei, like her sister, wears a hatai-ate emblazoned with the Nara Clan Crest, hers wrapped around her left fore-thigh.

Stats
[Health Power] 490/490
[Chakra] 10/10
[stamina] 300/300
[Taijutsu] 700
[Defense] 300
[Ninjutsu] 0
[Genjutsu] 0
[Concentration] 200
[speed] 400
[Accuracy] 500
[Evasion] 600

Skills
  • Summon Family Element: Wood
    Effect: This Summon Family has an affinity for Wood Element Jutsu, and receives "Combinatorial Elements: Wood" for free. Wood Techniques cost 5% less and have 10% more effect when within an area surrounded by large groupings of trees (forests, woods, etc.), rounded up.
    Cost: 0
  • Outdoorsman: Forest Terrain Bonus
    Effect: Gives +10% speed in forests. A ninja was this skill doesn't suffer the accuracy penalty of Dense Woodland and Jungle terrain.
    Cost: -1
  • Deer Style Taijutsu
    Effect: "Deer Charges" are gained upon a successful hit with the Deer Style. The user may spend Deer Charges in the following way:
    .::. The user may spend any number of Deer Charges during the main phase as a free action to have any Deer Style Taijutsu or Basic Attacks used that turn gain 4x% of the attacks total damage as additional Bleed Damage.
    .::. The user may spend any number of Deer Charges during the main phase as a free action to have any Deer Style Taijutsu or Basic Attacks used that turn ignore 10x% of the target’s defense when calculating damage.
    .::. Deer Charges may also be used to pay for the costs of any Deer Style Taijutsu.
  • Martial Artist: Deer Style [Rank 2]
    Effect: Taijutsu techniques of the chosen style deal a bonus +10 damage (per rank). You may choose "Styleless" Taijutsu as your chosen style, which would include any taijutsu that does not fall under a specific type of fighting style. Basic Attacks deal a bonus +5 damage per strike (per rank).
  • Savior
    Effect: Once per team battle you may choose to take an attack in place of your ally without need for any rolls. Apply all armors against this attack regardless of if it is supposed to bypass armor or not. When you take the hit, you gain a +100 to the relevant defense stat. Cannot be used against Genjutsu.
Jutsu
  • Ni Handou [Double Kick]
    Type: Taijutsu [Deer Style]
    Cost: 8 Stamina Per Hit
    Damage: 10 Per Hit
    Effect: Multi-Hit Jutsu. Maximum of Two Hits.
    Description: A very basic lashing out of the Deer’s most primal nature, the Ni Handou is simply a jutting kick with one or both of the deer's hind legs. These legs smash into the enemy with great force, and, depending on who delivered the kick, it could be deadly.
    Cost: 1
  • Ikkakku Sasu [Horn Pierce]
    Cost: 55 Stamina
    Damage: 20 Damage
    Effect: Opponent is considered "Bleeding"; for 20 Damage for the next Three Turns. This jutsu can be considered to use any "Antler" type weapons for the purpose of other jutsu or skills.

Bleeding: User loses x HP every turn (x is determined in the technique that inflicts bleeding). Bleeding/Burning damage begins to take place on the turn after the attack hits.

Description: Another simple attack in the hardy Deer's fighting style. A simple, ramming headbutt to the chest forces one or both antlers to pierce the flesh, the hardened bone dealing a great amount of damage, and once the horns are removed, the opponent will usually bleed from the holes incurred by the horned attacks.
    Cost: 4
  • Kizu Handou [bruising Kick]Type: Taijutsu [Deer Style]
    Cost: 48 Stamina
    Damage: 10
    Effect: Enemy is "Bruised"; for two turns.

Bruised: The target takes 110% total damage from taijutsu damage that specifically target the bruised area (face, stomach, etc.) Includes basic and weapon attacks.

Description: Another simple attack from their Handou line, a deer will slap both hind legs together, driving them into the enemy's chest for a powerful, bruising kick, sure to leave a mark for at least a short while. The deer will often follow up by repeated attacks on that area of the body, to maximize pain.
    Cost: 3
  • Fukusen: Entou [Preparation: Long Throw]
    Cost: 78 Stamina
    Damage: 10 Damage
    Effect: This jutsu can be considered to use any "Antler" type weapons for the purposes of skills or effects. Full Opening for "Chousei: Entou [Execution: Long Throw]"

Full Opening: The opponent has 0% chance to dodge for their next response phase against x. x = a single, specific technique specified by the attack that caused this status effect. May not be used after Half Opening, Full Opening, Half Chain Openings, or Full Chain Openings.

Description: The Long Throw is a mighty technique that involves the use of the deer's whole body. In preparation of the event, a young deer will usually charge forward, stabbing the enemy with their smaller horns, just enough to aid the deer in lifting them off the ground. Once atop the head, the enemy has no where to run, and the Long Throw will be executed whether they want it or not.
  • Chousei: Entou [Execution: Long Throw]Type: Taijutsu [Deer Style]
    Cost: 100 Stamina
    Damage: 150 Damage
    Effect: This jutsu can be considered to use any "Antler" type weapons for the purpose of skills of effects.
    Description: A herculean effort of a technique, the Long Throw is a mighty toss by the young deer, which sends an enemy into the air, and then brings them crashing down. Often coupled with the "Preparation" step, but perfectly capable as a single motion, the deer will dip the head low, scooping up the enemy with their horns and their head, and then will toss the enemy, letting them land where they may.
    Cost: 5
  • Mahi Handou [Numbing Kick]
    Cost: 68 Stamina
    Damage: 10 Damage
    Effect: Enemy is "Numb" for two turns.

Numb: -60 defense, opponent cannot hold any non-weapon item and total held weapon damage is cut in half. Burn and bleed effects last one post longer if the opponent is numb when they are applied.

Description: A slight variation of the Bruising Kick, the Numbing Kick involves the two legs smashing into the enemy's chest in a staggered fashion. The two blows, coming in at just the right time, hit two very important nerves in the chest, which send a mixture of confused signals to the rest of the nervous system, causing the body to feel an intense numbness.
  • Sasu no Heisa [Piercing Shutdown]
    Cost: 150 Stamina
    Damage: 30 Damage
    Effect: This jutsu can be considered to use any "Antler" type weapons for the purposes of skills or other effects. Enemy is under "Quarantine: Ninjutsu," "Quarantine: Genjutsu," and "Quarantine: Taijutsu" during their NEXT turn following the turn in which this jutsu hits.

Quarantine [Ninjutsu/Genjutsu/Tajutsu]: The target cannot use Ninjutsu/Genjutsu/Taijutsu. A character may only be affected by any 'Quarantine' effect for a maximum of three turns throughout the entire battle. Using multiple 'Quarantine' effects at a time takes up multiple turn uses.

Description: A brutal Deer-Style attack, the Piercing Shutdown combines ferocity with trickery. The deer will rev themselves up, imitating a bull as they initiate a full-on charge leading both horns to pierce the mid-section of the body. After the horns are lodged deep, the deer will thrash its head about, causing internal ripping and tearing. At first the attack merely seems savage, and the ninja will fight on as normal. The internal damages, however, have weakened the body's systems, and any continued use causes them to completely shut down for a short period of time, leaving an enemy wide open for the summoner's own attack.
    Cost: 5
  • Gaisho Handou [Trauma Kick]
    Cost: 65 Stamina
    Damage: 5 Damage
    Effect: Enemy is "Confused" for two turns.

Confused: Subject has a 50% chance to attack themselves every time they attack a target

Description: Yet another in the line of Handou jutsu, the Trauma Kick is a simple attack, aiming a single of the deer's legs at the head of its enemy. The kick usually disorientates the enemy, causing them to stumble about the battlefield and occasionally hurt themselves.
Equipment
  • Chibikko [Ankle-Biter]
    Type: Hoof-Blade
    Size: Medium
    Placement: Feet
    Level: 10
    Description: A metal plating on all four of Kenkei's hooves causes her kicks and thrashings to have a considerable bit more "bite" to them. She uses the plating to substitute for her lack of Horns, which have yet to grow in.
    Special:

Natural Motion: For the purposes of skills or effects, this weapon counts a "horn" or "antler" type weapon, and any basic weapon attack made by this weapon can be considered a "basic attack." This does not increase the number of attacks per turn, ratios or damage, or cost of attacks in any way.

Lacerating Edge: Any attack using this weapon that inflicts "Bleeding" has the duration of "Bleeding" extended by 1 turn. This cannot cause "Bleeding" to break any duration caps or damage caps.

Edited by Kouta

Sorry. I missed that rule on the summon page (did you know the restrictions are in three separate chunks scattered across that page on the mainsite? Very hard to follow).

EDIT: Nevermind that. Skill replaced with two ranks of Martial Artist.

Edited by Kouta

Yeah, I know, I'm just trying to help you out here and check these over as soon as possible, not trying to point out how you made a tiny mistake. I'm at work right now but when I get home I will look this over with more scrutiny and edit my post with approval or anything else you might need to edit.

Edited by Major

I didn't mean it as anything snarky. I just didn't notice it. Trust me, I read the page like three times so I knew what I couldn't add. But the line about Second Wind shares a line with Chakra Flow and Intestinal Fortitude, so I kept skipping over it.

I know you had some techniques for this set approved, are any of these already 'approved', by chance? Also the style, I guess. You're going to have to forgive me but it'd help and I really don't want to look around for it. Just a little tired I guess. :(

All of these are approved, actually. I meant to post a "relevant links" post anyway, so here ya go:

Deer Style Taijutsu
Deer Jutsu 1.1
Deer Jutsu 1.2
Deer Jutsu 1.3

Only the weapon has not gone through any type of approval process, but thats how most summon weapons thus far have been, so I figured it wasn't a problem to just have it reviewed here.

Okay, so the weapon as it stands allows for Kenkei to break the damage cap for the one technique it's useful on. The cap is pretty much sacred aside from skills like Shiva and Brahma. I'm not sure how I feel about that effect, especially for a level 1 summon. I realize it's only one technique, but it's sort of the principle of the matter.

Edited by Major

I added three words "or damage caps" to effect line on the weapon. Now it can't do that. To put you more in perspective, the effect of the weapon is designed to work with basic attacks. Deer Style Taijutsu says I can spend Charges to add Bleeding to Basic Attacks as well as Deer Style Jutsu. Thus my basic attacks now cause bleeding, which this weapon extends by one turn. So instead of a single turn of bleed, they suffer two. At this low of a level, the weapon isn't designed to combo with the jutsu just yet.