Rhapsody

Air Ninja

Wanderlust’s Ticket; [Departure] to [Destination]

Type: Consumable

Effect: The user of this ticket may travel to a destination of their choosing without writing a travel post. A notation must still be made in the “Travel” forum making record of where they are traveling to and from. At the time of purchase, the departure location and destination must be noted. This ticket may only be used for the route it is purchased for.

Description: Those who have a keen desire to travel may not always wish to experience the journey. So long as they are willing to shell out the money for a ticket, there are many alternatives, such as train or boat, which will deliver them to their destination without so much as a fuss. After all, sometimes even Shinobi need to kick back and enjoy the ride.

Price: $0.3x, where x is the base amount of words the negated travel post would have been.

• Wont stack with scout, etc.
  • Thoughts on price?
Edited by Rhapsody

Noticed this as I was calculating the costs.

I was thinking in my head that for most of these it would be easier to just write the words, then I realized you have to buy a ticket with the destination in mind. There isn't a place where you choose your ticket destination on the item, so the most immediate problem to me is that you can buy cheap ones like from Grass to Rain, and then spend them on expensive travel trips after the fact.

So these will either wind up needing a flat cost that makes traveling short distances with them expensive and long distances less expensive. Or you'll need to state in the effect that the destination is chosen at the purchase of the ticket, and then mark it on the item somewhere. Other than that I think these should have a cooldown. I don't particularly like the idea of being able to use these every time you want to travel.

Oh, sorry. That is how they were meant to function but I must have made it very unclear. Cleared that up.

As for a cool down... why? I meant I get that you don't "like" the idea of people being able to skip all of their travel posts but there are many characters who do just this.

Well, most techniques that allow a character to entirely skip travel are Forbidden in scope. So they're kind of a horse of another color. Now, I'm not particularly attached to it needing a cool down, since the amount you're paying is of a higher value than the words you're skipping to travel.

So, approved, I suppose.