PandaMattMatt

Jounin Hanamajo made @ 3:51 am

Flower Release: Blossom Crown Seal
Type: Ninjutsu [Plant | Clan; Hanamajo | Medical]
Cost: 300 Chakra
Effect: Target is granted Induced Regeneration 100 Health for 3 turns. Induced Regeneration is not immediately applied. Instead, a seal appears on the target. As a Free Action in any phase, after this technique is used, the target may activate the seal and apply the effects of this technique. Only one seal with this effect may be applied to a character at a time. This seal lasts until activation or the end of battle, whichever comes first. This technique may only be used 2 times per battle.
Description: With a complicated string of seals, the Hanamajo presses their fingers to the target's forehead. A glowing seal appears circling the head in the shape of a crown of flowers. Until it is absolutely necessary, the glowing seal remains dormant, however upon activation, a shower of healing chakra and flower petals rain down over the target, healing their injuries with time released medical chakra.

Plant Release: Double Bramble Buckler Barrier
Type: Ninjutsu [Plant | Clan; Hanamajo | Barrier | Response Phase]
Cost: 350 Chakra
Effect: This technique can be used in the Response Phase or Main Phase.

Response Phase: Creates a Barrier with 700 health. If this barrier's health is not completely depleted than it crumbles at the end of the Response Phase. This technique has a 5% chance to fail and the User loses their next Main Phase. This technique may be used 2 times per battle in the Response Phase.
Main Phase: Creates a Barrier with 700 health. This barrier lasts for four (4) turns or until destroyed.  This technique may be used 2 times per battle in the Main Phase.

Description: The formation of seals flies as quickly as possible, completing the sequence, both hands are held out in front of them as a thick interweaving tangle of thorny brambles erupts from the forearms. The wall of barbed vines continues to grow the shinobi is completely hidden from view and then some. 

Edited by PandaMattMatt

Star Spore: Considering the only other example of this type of attack we have is Hotaru, I have to ask: do you then intend for them to explode in a dynamic trap way, or heal as some kind of c-c-combo? Because if so then this will need to be a main phase jutsu, as Hotaru is, or, only summon 15 fireflies, as Hotaru does (but is one rank weaker than this).

The idea being we don't want you to be able to set up the trap and trigger it all within the same turn. If you do, it needs to be greatly diminsihed in capacity.

ALSO, note that if these are only 1 CP apiece, expect that they will only be worth 1 CP apiece when you detonate/consume them.

Blossom Crown: Do you mean that when they open the seal, then they instantly heal 450? OR that when they open the seal they start healing 150 per turn for 3 turns? Also make sure to say this dissipates at the end of battle. Also, by utilizing a "Set Up Phase Action" since the phase itself doesn't do anything.

Bramble Buckler: We've ruled that the 90%/10% rule applies to self inflicted damage and stats as well. Quoting the rule for your perusal:

"- Any jutsu that targets an opponent with damage or effects while also making a Barrier or Shield may only use 10% of the resources spent on the technique for one or the other. That means either 10% resources must go towards the Barrier/Shield and 90% towards the damage/effects or vice versa. As always, you only get one modifier and must choose where the modifier goes when creating a technique with a Barrier and damage/effects."

So in this case, if your shield costs 300, only 30 CP can be used for effects and buffs and damage and stuff.

Intent was not to detonate or use them as a trap. However, I am planning on doing things like "May sacrifice 35 Star Spores to also inflict 1 turn of Slow" or etc

So, yes augment main phase actions, but not traps. Willing to put in something to cover that like "Star Spores may not be used to deal any damage. " or whatever

Blossom Crown: changed wording to say At Up Phase Action to apply effects of this technique" which should cover both concerns

Bramble thing: edited to 1 turn of haste

I don't care how you use star spores (there's nothing that you shouldn't be allwoed to sac them for), but just to keep the desire the same, just say "Star Spores cannot be sacrificed during the turn they are created" and then that'll be good to go.

The other two are approved after you stipulate the Blossom Seal fades after battle.

Edited by Kouta

Blosom Crown Seal isn't sitting well with me, given that Medics are traditionally a reactive rather than a proactive system, and this kind of circumvents that. It's a neat idea, so I don't want to just toss it under the bus-- but there are a few changes that I feel like certainly need to be made. For starters, this should be Induced Regeneration rather than an actual heal. Given that healing should be reactive except perhaps when a build is specifically tooled to do this sort of mechanic, I don't think it's quite balanced to let someone apply a discretionary heal that also benefits from the full amount of your modifier.

Also, because this is a sort of mechanic that a build would normally be centered around, I'd like to see a use-limit on it. I'm thinking two per battle.

I'm fine with that.

As the Bramble Barrier is doing something more than just being a Barrier, and that something else is typically a main phase effect, the Barrier will need an additional chance to fail. A single turn of Haste isn't a whole lot, so I'll say that it'll need a +10% chance to fail- making it 15% total chance to fail.

Barriers don't get fail chances because they don't negate damage. If it is a concern, I can remove the haste, but I will not add a fail chance

Removed Haste, increase barrier health to 760, increased cp to 380, jp stays the same to double uses per battle. Should be cookiecutter now

Edited by PandaMattMatt

Barriers and Shields most certainly do have a fail chance. They've got the standard 5% when used in the Response Phase. Even if a jutsu used in the Response Phase does not explicitly say that it has a fail chance, the rules assume that it has the standard 5% fail chance.

That aside, Approved

For the first one, I pretty much just brought down the Induced Regen effect to be under the healing cap and brought up the cost. Aside from that, it's basically the same.

The second one I adjusted a little. Instead of being useable in the response phase 4 times for double JP, I made it a Main Phase and a Response Phase tech. Just a straight up barrier thing.

On both, I cleaned up formatting a lot.