elsie

Chakra Full-Burst

1gFTHHZ.gif

Chakra Full-Burst
Effect: This skill may be activated as a Setup Phase action. The next Evolving technique performed by this character is treated as if it were an approved version of itself of up to 1 rank above the user's Ninja Rank, the user must still pay the full price of the higher ranking jutsu. After using this skill, the user may not perform actions in the setup phase for 2 turns. This skill may be activated 2 times per battle.
Description: The user floods their chakra pathways forcefully, causing visible blue strands of chakra around the user. All of this power is focused into their next jutsu, causing their next jutsu to grow bigger in magnitude. Unfortunately, if th
eir body is not capable of handling the scale of the next attack, the backlash can be severe.
Cost: -2

Edited by elsie
  • Like 2

I would use this more as a Jutsu. 

So effect would be along the lines of as a free action, in the setup phase *insert effect* Usable twice per battle.

Thats my two cents, because as a -2 SP skill, it could be quite powerful. But then again I cannot approve or deny, but using Jutsu as a free action in the setup phase are always good to have in one's tool kit.

Hmm... I guess that could work! Though what rank would that make the skill? It's only really useful for people at gennin to jounin, as a sennin it's not that amazing. Would it have to be an evolving jutsu? 

Learning Higher Rank Jutsu

You may learn technique 1 rank above your current rank by paying twice the amount of Jutsu Points that the technique normally costs. When you reach the next rank these points are NOT refunded. This can only be done for techniques ONE rank above your own, and no skill, bloodline or anything else can allow you to learn techniques two ranks above your current. This cannot be used to learn evolving jutsu.

@Yurane Actually I re-read what you said, and essentially, you can't learn it but this doesn't mean you need to learn it does it? The technique just says you can use a rank higher than you have. I mean I'm ok with that just being one rank higher than your current rank though, but just clarifying the wording

8n any case, You're looking at a spirit of the law argument. Although the literal wording wouldn't necessarily encompass this skill, you'd apply the rules anyway to maintain balanced and an even playing field

So after running some numbers on this,  I think this should be limited to one technique rank higher than the user. Mainly because at chuunin, you can churn out a 800 damage sennin technique as long as you have the chakra. So there would need to be a clause in there stating that it can't go higher than one rank. 

"If the user of this technique is not of the ninja rank that the technique was increased to then they are afflicted with 1 turn of the status effect 'Weakened' at the end of their turn"

This can just be shorted so that the user is inflicted with "weakened" whenever they use this skill. Since you'll mostly be using this for churning out a technique higher than your rank anyways. 

Love the flavor of the skill quite a bit. That being said there will be some legal hurdles ahead for this one. 

* Are the additional CP paid for the damage going to be at ratio of the next rank or ninja's current rank of technique? For instance if you were to gain an additional 200 Damage bumping a Chunnin ninjutsu technique to a Jounin version would it use the Chunnin ratio of 4:5 or the Jounin ratio of 2:3? Something to consider adding to prevent future complications.

* We should probably limit the amount of damage that the jutsu can produce. For instance a chunnin could use a technique that is full of status effects that does no damage and then use this skill to make it maxed out damage with status effects. I could see some issues with this with techniques that aren't designed to deal damage originally (Like a jutsu that ensnares someone). This would be a simple work around in your wording like "Damage increased by this skill can never be more than 3x the base damage of the original jutsu" 

I think the spirit of this technique was going to be that it would mostly be used on evolving jutsu? I don't really know how you'd balance it otherwise. Since you'd just be like oh here I'm going to power up this jutsu that has nothing to do with the jutsu i'm about to perform. So the evolving jutsu would have a cost balanced version one rank higher, and that would be what you'd be going with. That might be possibly a bit too strong though, so that could be up to interpretation, but that was the original intent behind it. I'll cap the damage to 3x higher though.

Also: Since you can't learn evolving jutsu faster than your current rank, that would effectively solve the issue of being able to perform a Sennin rank jutsu at Chuunin

Edited by elsie

If your goal is to use this with evolving jutsu, here's a potential wording/mechanics change (+ a buff because you're paying 2SP for something you could get just for paying double JP on a non evolving technique). I should probably note that you do not have to use this version if you don't like it. It might simplify things for you a bit though.

Effect: This skill may be activated as a Setup Phase action. The next Evolving technique performed by this character is treated as if it were an approved version of itself of up to 1 rank above the user's Ninja Rank, the user must still pay the full price of the higher ranking jutsu. After using this skill, the user may not perform actions in the setup phase for 2 turns. This skill may be activated 2 times per battle.

Updated to match @Yurane's wording

Effect: This skill may be activated as a Setup Phase action. The next Evolving technique performed by this character is treated as if it were an approved version of itself of up to 1 rank above the user's Ninja Rank, the user must still pay the full price of the higher ranking jutsu. After using this skill, the user may not perform actions in the setup phase for 2 turns. This skill may be activated 2 times per battle.