MadKatters

PSA: Holiday Time

As NA's designated retail bitch I would like to make a plea and post to all of you and your families.

Please Respect The Grunts.

We all know how the Holidays can be chaotic and crazy. It's doubly so for those of us that work retail. We all want that perfect item for our significant other or need that perfect turkey. We might not all always get it. That is okay. Please remember that the workers at retail like, grocery, and other service industries will be EXTRA busy the next month plus. Thanksgiving is a week away and Christmas is only forty odd days as well.

We in the service and retail industry typically work long or difficult days and not all of our customers understand how little control we have over what we get or stock. Personally I can attest for Walmarts. Home Office uses a computer algorithm to control how much of what we get in. The associates, their managers, even their salaried staff cannot order or control what we get. So if you're looking for that SNES classic or Fingerling this year.... We aren't hoarding them, we aren't refusing to stock them, we can't order them and we certainly can't hold them for you. In fact we likely won't get them ourselves. I can't buy games in store for 24 hours after they release per policy. This is corporate wide.

Just remember... We all are people, we're all annoyed, and we're all testy this season. It's not a reason to yell, scream, berate, or get physical with us. This is most definitely happening already and I've seen and experienced it personally. Even just one person that's kind, understanding, and thanks someone will brighten their day. So, please be nice and thank us and don't be offended if we don't answer you right away. Seriously, we don't always hear you. It's that simple.

Sincerely, 

NA's resident retail slave.

• Like 2