Hardcore Skittlez

Yatagarasu's Gift

Yatagarasu's Gift

Effect: While Mangekyo Sharingan is active, 'Burning: x' caused by this character's Subtle Elements; Fire skill now stacks with 'Burning' caused by 'Blaze' element techniques and is considered to have originated with a 'Blaze' technique for the purposes of calculating 'Blaze's' effects.

Requirements: Blaze Release, Must be learned from Uchiha Saki

Cost: 1

Edited by Hardcore Skittlez

Denied.

As I had interpreted it originally, this was a quality of life skill that fixed an irregularity caused by Blaze Release, in which a player must keep track of 2 separate stacks of Burning should they be hit by a regular Fire jutsu and then a Blaze jutsu. But what is currently written is a full-bypass of the Mangekyo Sharingan entirely. As the effects of the skill "Blaze Release" do not have a Mangekyo Sharingan requirement, and this does not have a Mangekyo Sharingan requirement, it passively just turns all of your fire jutsu into blaze jutsu, since they are considered to originate from Blaze jutsu. 

No to all of that. I honestly don't even like my original understanding of how this worked, in which you could bury someone under Fire attacks, and then flip on the Mangekyo and hit them with Blaze release and suddenly all the fire burn is compounded into Blaze burn.

Blaze should be something that is only available while the Mangekyo Sharingan is active.

The wording isn't 100% declarative on this. does this affect instances of Burning from Subtle; Fire that were started before the M. Sharingan was activated? If so, I say no, if not, I say yes. It can be read either way, so we may need to polish that wording up a little too.

As I mentioned via PM, I'm cleaning the forums up a bit and moving stuff that's sat untouched to dead. I normally leave a review on these, but Princess' request hasn't been addressed yet. If you'd still like to work on this in the future, feel free to reach out to me and I'll move it back to custom, and I can give a proper review to whatever changes you make to the skill.