Astra | Asutora | アストラ

Astra | Asutora | アストラ

Weapon Type: Shuriken

Size: Medium

Level: 30 (両900)

Attributes:

Special Abilities:

Astra; Heavenly Body

Effect: The first time the wielder uses an attack that applies the effects of 'Combinatorial; Light' while this weapon is equipped, choose Health, Stamina or Chakra to add as an attribute to this weapon. Whenever the wielder uses an attack that applies the 'Combinatorial; Light' effect while this weapon is equipped, increase the chosen attribute of this weapon by 100% of the healing or regeneration applied to the wielder of this weapon through Combinatorial; Light's effect. The stat bonus gained through this attribute counts towards the wielder's passive equipment bonus, and may not cause Health, Stamina or Chakra to exceed 1.5x their base. Additionally, once per turn, the wielder of this weapon may change the attribute of this weapon (and its associated bonus) to Health, Chakra or Stamina as a free action during their Setup Phase while this weapon is equipped.

Cost: 両900

Astra; Alignment of the Stars

Effect: Increase the critical strike chance of non-Void Ninjutsu made while this weapon is equipped by 1% for every 50 Health the wielder has lost during battle. This bonus is considered a passive effect. 

Cost: 両800

Description: Along his venture to acquiring the perfect weapon to utilize his techniques through, Hayate sought the aid of a certain professional blacksmith encountered during his travels with the Resistance and provided him the necessary details to build said weapon. The end result was a black, fold-able, five-bladed, metallic shuriken, possessing a likeness to many fuma shuriken. These blades possess a double-bladed, curved edges that flair outward in five directions, giving it the overall appearance of a five-pointed star. These blades converge onto and connect to a ring that is large enough to fit an average man's arm into it securely. The blades of this weapon are also capable of 'folding' inwards and retracting partially or entirely into and out of the ring for easier handling and carrying around. The shuriken has its blades adorned with whites lines reminiscent to a golden spiral based off the golden ratio, complementing its shimmering, silvery edges. Not only is the blade shuriken aerodynamic enough to returning to its wielder akin to a boomerang, it has been forged out of unique metals capable of housing chakra from an individual's body not unlike the metals used to forge weapons for chakra imbuing, a request inspired by the Sarutobi's predecessors who specialized in wielding similar weaponry. Unlike most of said weapons, however, the shuriken was designed to augment the elements of Ninjutsu, including the rare Light element, pushing their unique characteristics and power to levels unheard of.

Cost: 両2600

First ability is kind of out there but have seen a few abilities that provide 'permanent' effects like that, including for weapons, so decided to play around with it. The effect that references regeneration of Chakra or Stamina, in addition to the healing of Health, is what applies to the Mastery of the Elements; Ascension skill just to be clear. Also figured the Light element for weapon attacks would be okay with the wielder having the corresponding skill as it might be questionable otherwise since it would involve a character being able to use those attacks without the applicable skill. Link to Inlaid; Element is here and received permission from Skittlez as well.

Second ability is pretty straightforward I believe. Can yo yo back and forth through healing and damage taken but latter will prevail generally.

Edited by Celes

Triple Double:

First, this should only trigger on "Weapon Techniques" that use this weapon. As you have it written, you could use any jutsu while just having this equipped and activate this ability. This first ability can be used 30 times per battle (with the right skills a weapons max level is 120, and even without that, it can be used 25 times per battle). Thats not limited. Like, at all. Also, referencing Damage Caps in a jutsu after its creation is really awkward and we are trying to move away from that. Can we scale the max bonus damage on something else that is static (level, weapon level, rank, number of enemies, jutsu rank, etc.) so we can get a concrete number for the benefit this has. I also dislike including "raising the base cost by" because then you can apply all your cost reduc to this extra chakra cost; which removes the pain and the decision making in deciding to burn extra to buff your damage. The idea is that you should LOSE on the trade off because you applied it after the fact and can apply it so flexibly, instead of coming equipped with a jutsu that could already do what you wanted. I'd prefer if its just "you may pay quantity of chakra to add quantity of extra damage." Take all the bases out and all that good stuff.

I’m a little confused about what Heavenly Body does; I feel like you’re wanting to add an kind of flexible regen to whichever tank stat you want? The wording is really fuzzy. I’d recommend rewording that effect, though I’m not opposed to the concept itself. The inlaid element/elemental resonance stuff should be fine, but they’re not mainsite attributes so links and permissions please~

For the second ability I’d prefer that you declare your current and total Health each turn. As for the boost itself, I think the ratios are fine. It’s tricky to price, but I’ll take an eyeball guess at $1000? 

First: Yeah it was a pain trying to iron out wording. Took another minor shot but if anyone has a better suggestion, that'd be cool. Its not necessarily regeneration as it only increases the total tank statistic and not the current amount as well but it does indirectly provide more regeneration given the higher statistics. And just to note, with it being a passive equipment bonus, you're limited to benefitting from this or other equipment so have to pick and choose.

Second: Yes sir, added.

Inlaid Element is restricted to tier 1 or lower elements for a reason. This is why your skill is not inlaid element, but treats itself as such and then unlocks the follow up skills. I am going to say no here, and have touched based with other staff to confirm this. Light is too powerful to be sitting on basic weapon attacks, it opens up a few awkward interactions and that it can slap on anything then is beyond what inlaid element is intended to accomplish. 

The tank stat increasing doesn't bother me in the least, you're circumventing advanced regeneration slapping effects, but it's got the inherent limitation of equipment bonuses. I would like it to stat that those increases are attached to the weapon though, so counterplay still exists by targeting the weapon for destruction. Weapons shouldn't have floating effects that continue to give bonuses beyond the life of the weapon.

Alignment of the stars doesn't bother me. Probably slightly overcosted, drop it to 800 I think. Passive caps out at 25%. Yeah it lets you then throw active on top but eh, it's a weapon. Weapons have inherent counterplay. And if you're declaring your totals while the weapon is equipped, that haunts you for the battle, so yeah I'm fine with it at 800.

Edited by Princess

One last quick question, where is light letting you regenerate? It does healing, and I know someone (maybe you) was working on a skill to let it give you chakra or stamina back instead, but regeneration is a very specific mechanic. If that skill doesn't explicitly state it's regenerating the chakra/stamina, then this weapon will always fail to ping when you use it in that way.

My advice? Go check that skill, link it here, and make sure you have the wording 100% right so we don't have to pull it and go through three layers of approval again in a month's time.

Ended up editing this. Reduced/cleaned up some of Heavenly Body's wording to be a bit clearer I believe (hopefully) while also having increased the amount of total Health, Stamina or Chakra gained from 50% to 100%. Since its an effect that has to build up over time anyway, especially at higher levels with greater stat gains, I figured going up on that probably wouldn't be the worse. Especially since ultimately there's a cap and requires rotating between other equipment bonuses (which I added as a free action too by the way).

The main reason for adjusting this tied in the second ability. I understood why the Health reveal was necessary but seemed too much of an advantage to give away to an opponent, so changed it to apply the increasing critical hit chance with every 50 Health lost. Largely has the same result though healing in this ability's case won't cause the critical hit chance to move back and forth like it would have before.

Please specify that when you change the equipment bonus it can only change between the stats it is intended for. If the idea is you can build up a bunch of health then magically swap it to evasion or defence whenever you need, the cost of this is going to be insanely prohibitive. 

Lets try this:

Effect: The first time the wielder uses an attack that applies the effects of 'Combinatorial; Light' while this weapon is equipped, choose Health, Stamina or Chakra to add as an attribute to this weapon. Whenever the wielder uses an attack that applies the 'Combinatorial; Light' effect while this weapon is equipped, this weapon gains increase the chosen attribute of this weapon by 100% of the healing or regeneration applied to the wielder of this weapon through Combinatorial; Light's effect. The attribute gained through this effect counts towards the wielder's passive equipment bonus, and may not cause Health, Stamina or Chakra to exceed 1.5x their base. Additionally, once per turn, the wielder of this weapon may change the attribute of this weapon (and its associated bonus) to Health, Chakra or Stamina as a free action during their Setup Phase while this weapon is equipped.

So first time you trigger it, you pick one, it creates an attribute of either Health [X]. Stamina [X] or Chakra [X]. All gains go into that attribute. Then you retain the generation method, if it didn't eat so many words I'd likely want this to be +50% always and an additional +50% if it was a weapon attack that triggers this. But eh, I think that's too fiddly.

Then, you get to once per turn as a free action go 'I choose Stamina' and bam, it all becomes stamina. Which I feel is your intention, unless you were aiming to add tiny boosts to all three and shift them around as you will. I think this is the right way to do it.

Then, I think you can price this as $900. It's a really solid effect, having knockon bonuses to your regen and raising your maximums for healing or charging, so I see a lot of value here, especially as you're also filling these tanks up as you increase them, so there's no shot for wasted value.

Just some small wording tweaks for Heavenly Body, changes are in red:

The first time the wielder uses an attack that applies the effects of 'Combinatorial; Light' while this weapon is equipped, choose Health, Stamina or Chakra to add as an attribute to this weapon. Whenever the wielder uses an attack that applies the 'Combinatorial; Light' effect while this weapon is equipped, this weapon gains increase the chosen attribute of this weapon by 100% of the healing or regeneration applied to the wielder of this weapon through Combinatorial; Light's effect. The stat bonus gained through this attribute counts towards the wielder's passive equipment bonus, and may not cause Health, Stamina or Chakra to exceed 1.5x their base. Additionally, once per turn, the wielder of this weapon may change the attribute of this weapon (and its associated bonus) to Health, Chakra or Stamina as a free action during their Setup Phase while this weapon is equipped.

Pricing for a level 30 medium weapon is $900, with a grand total of $2600

Otherwise it looks good!