disthawk12

General +1 Ptsd

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (P.T.S.D)

Description: Something horrible has happened to you in the past, something unimaginably painful lurks in the back of your mind. You may believe you have moved on, but it is always there, lurking in the background, and under the right stimulus it can come back in flashes, filling you with all the fear you felt that fateful day.
Effects: When you take this skill, name a traumatic event, or a character/object that directly caused that event. The first time in each thread you are confronted with a new source of that stimulus, The player is afflicted "Confused" For one turn then "Startled" For Two Turns.

*Traumatic Events are listed Below 

Ranks: 3

+1 per Rank 

Edited by disthawk12

This is a reskin of Princess's Traumatic Memories 

I have made the affliction a slight bit different but still as nasty

This resub is approved by princess

Approved Traumas

Spoiler

-Creatures: Perhaps it was a spider, or a snake or maybe even a crocodile that traumatised you. Whenever you are faced with a creature that matches the one that caused you to be traumatised you are affected with this skill. Must be a species, not a specific sub-species, so you could take Traumatic Memories [Dogs] but not Traumatic Memories [Saint Bernards].
-People: Perhaps it was a person who traumatised you, a man in a shadowy cloak or a loud spoken woman who tortured you. When see someone who is similar to the object of your trauma (same hair, eyes, rough build would be enough, it is not a perfect match but enough to confuse you) then you are affected with this skill. 
-Places: Perhaps it's not about who did it, but where it happened. A fall from a great height, or being stranded in the deserts of Kaze no Kuni all could the cause of crippling flashbacks. Whenever you go somewhere that matches your description of the place that traumatised you (High areas for traumatic falls, deserts, forests are all good examples) you are affected with this skill.
-Actions: What happened to you was so traumatic that you simple cannot process it. To even see it take place is more than you mind can take. When you see an action taken that matches what traumatised you (horrific injuries, being captured by strangers, or even being attacked unawares are all good examples) you are affected with this skill. 

This seems very similar in form and function as my skill Anxiety Disorder.

If you want to riff on Anxiety Disorder that is cool, but I feel like you need to better define your triggers. For a Hindering Skill to be approved it has to have a likely chance to show up in any random battle. So while common features such as build or eye color can show up easily, there is a bit of a meta to it. For instance, a person who is "tall and fat" will likely not show up because most people don't make tall / fat characters. On the same note, an animal like a Snail or a Hamster is unlikely to show up in role play either. So I would suggest two things. 1.) Figure out a structure for the triggers where they can be precise and common. 2.) Make the negative to the trigger larger to accomidate for the unlikely event that this skill will trigger. 

Alternatively, if you want to work with me to make specific triggers for Anxiety Disorder instead we can do that.