Pwnzie

Banrai Hōkai Suruhoshi Taihō Bakuhatsu | Collapsing Star Roaring Cannon Blast | 万雷焼却砲爆風 9.0.3 Resub

5sbpz4h.gif

Banrai Hōkai Suruhoshi Taihō Bakuhatsu  | Collapsing Star Roaring Cannon Blast | 崩壊する星の轟音大砲の爆発

Type: Ninjutsu | Lightning | Fire | Kinjutsu; Powerful | AoE
Cost: 900 Chakra
Damage: 600

Effect: This technique may only be performed by coalescence. 

- Coalescence [2; Banrai Hōkai Suruhoshi Taihō Bakuhatsu]: This technique does AoE damage. This technique does 1.5x damage to barriers/shields and has a 25% increased chance of a critical hit. Response Phase Jutsu used against this technique have an additional 25% chance to fail, even if they did not already possess a fail chance. The Mangekyo Sharingan must be active to use this technique. 

Condition: This technique may only successfully be used if one user is a Susanoo summon and the other user has the Mangekyo Sharingan active.

Description: After hundreds of hours of practice and experimentation, Uchiha Shinji had success in combining the chidori technique along with his fire base chakra, the resulting electrified inferno was beyond his expectations, that coupled with the speed that he utilizes when using the raikiri technique; it leaves little time for the target to react or think for more then a few seconds let alone respond to the attack quickly enough to prevent serious damage. This was where his extremely fast speed was one of his biggest assets, and if he was under the effects of his blazing speed genjutsu it was even more deadly; only brief flickers of his shadow could be seen by his enemy because he was moving so fast. Similar to the raikiri technique in the sense that the user gathers lightning chakra in their palm focusing it into shape, Shinji's technique allows him to seamlessly mix his fire chakra in with the lightning, his hang glowed with a reddish orange, the screech emanating from his hand from it being both fire and lightning was indescribable, he took an idea from one of the more famous uchiha techniques that used a specific maneuver this would be based on. Shinji's experience with fire release was advanced enough that he didnt need to physically breathe the fire chakra from his lungs out for an attack, he had learned to control fire chakra using it on his hands, the totsuka sword once or twice, small weaponry. Once the fire and lightning are mixed together Shinji makes sure to distract his opponent with unpredictable erratic movements before waiting for the perfect opportunity to charge them and set off the explosion of fire and lightning energy with the force of a few thousand meters per second, almost turning the rubble created from the jutsu into shrapnel. Once his glowing red hand connected with his target all of the fire energy is expelled outwards in combination with the lightning release chakra that is already wreaking havoc on their bodies motor function along with a considerable amount of pain from that and the burns that usually followed after being hit with this move. This is Shinji's masterpiece, his trump card, to only be used in a life or death situation, it was far too powerful to be used otherwise. 

Restrictions: This technique may only be used once per battle.

Cost: 14

QF35UjZ.gif

Since this follows 1:2 ratios for kinjutsu here are the costs: 

Damage: 600

300 Chakra Cost.

This technique does 1.5x damage to barriers/shields

+25% Total Cost

This technique has a 25% increased chance of a critical hit.

+50% Total Cost

Response Phase Jutsu used against this technique have an additional 25% chance to fail, even if they did not already possess a fail chance.

+25% Total Cost

Area of Effect

x3 Total Cost

So the cost would be...

300 * 2 (25%+50%+25%) = 600 * 3 = 1800 Chakra Total

And since it is a coalescence, each character pays half so we cut that cost in two.

1800 Chakra / 2 = 900 Chakra

For this jutsu it would be 28 JP (for a 1800 Chakra Jutsu), but then divided by 2 since its only able to be used as a coalescence. 

As before, orange is just commentary and red is needed changes.

Edited by Pwnzie

Your condition of "Can only be used once coalescence conditions have been met" followed immediately by "This technique can be performed without coalescence as long as there are no summons currently under the users control. " are massively contradictory and kind of a blatant attempt to get a reduced jp cost. Sooo... rework that. Either it CAN be used without coalescence or it CAN'T be. It cannot be both.

Can I just make a list of things this jutsu does?

- reduces defense mods

- Increases RPJ fail chance

- insane extra damage based on stats

- Doubles damage to constructs

- Can’t be intercepted

This is coming really close to looking like “this jutsu auto hits” to me alongside opening or prone. This is giving you a minimum of 488 extra damage at level 60 with the extra stats. That isn’t considering things like: equipment bonuses, Advanced system bonuses, buffing genjutsu/techs. And this continues to scale upward beyond that. It’s more than half the sennin damage cap for ninjutsu at level 60 as bonus damage. At the very least it needs to be stated that it can’t exceed damage caps.

This jutsu is well past “this should be skill locked” to me and even then I wouldn’t approve something like this if I’m being frank.

@PandaMattMatt I agree with you that its convoluted and confusing, but the way the Susanoo summon was designed, for Shinhji to make an offensive action both he and the summon must possess the tech to coalesc with, HOWEVER at the same time I would like to be able to use those techniques just as Shinji without the susanoo. I can copy and paste the line from the other jutsu this has come up as a problem with (almost every susanoo tech ive made). Skills are pasted below. 

Spoiler

- | Susanoo Unleashing | -
Effect: Characters with this skill may purchase the technique ‘Susanoo’. The usage of this technique counts toward the usage limit on both techniques designated by the character’s ‘Sharingan Binding’ skills. Characters with this skill gain the skills ‘Contract Manager; Susanoo’ for 0 Skill Points.
Description: Once they awaken the Mangekyo Sharingan in their eyes, it is only a matter of time before an Uchiha is able to manifest the most powerful trait hidden within their blood limit. The guardian avatar known as Susanoo is able to protect its creator and attack its foes, but it extolls a great toll from the one who created it, causing both incredible pain, and permanent eye damage to those who utilize it too frequently.
Cost: -1 

- | Susanoo; Sharingan Manifestation | -

Effect: If at any time, the summoner of this summon does not have the Mangekyo Sharingan active, this summon is removed from the battlefield until the technique ‘Susanoo’ is used again.
Description: Susanoo has an infamous reputation as the strongest of the powers that are granted to a person who has fully mastered the Mangekyo Sharingan. While exceedingly powerful, very few Uchiha have ever shown the ability to manifest it without the Sharingan being active. Sharingan wielders who have not obtained the god-like levels of some of their ancestors have no hope of manifesting a Susanoo without their kekkei genkai active.
Requirements: May only be taken by a Susanoo summon. Susanoo must take this skill.
Cost: -0

- | Susanoo; Enveloping Form | -
Effect: While a summon with this skill is on the battlefield, the character who summoned it may not take offensive action in their Main Phases unless they are performing a Coalescence technique with this summon.
Description: While a Susanoo is extremely powerful, it is impossible for those who utilize it to act independently of the construct without first dissipating it. Though this hindrance is none too crippling as the Susanoo itself is capable of dealing immense damage, and sometimes those within a Susanoo even act in tandem with the extra appendages they create to deal combination attacks.
Requirements: May only be taken by a Susanoo summon. Susanoo must take this skill.
Cost: -0

- | Susanoo; Chakra Avatar | -
Effect: While a summon with this skill is on the battlefield, the character who summoned it loses 5% of their total Health per turn. The summoner of this summon may not be the target of basic attacks, weapon attacks, Ninjutsu techniques, or Taijutsu techniques while this character is on the battlefield. The character that summoned this summon receives unmodified damage equal to half of all damage dealt to this summon, after modifiers.
Description: Susanoo is very often a Sharingan wielders strongest defense, for when enveloped in the great chakra avatar, the wielder is shielded from all but the strongest of attacks. So strong are the defensive properties of a Susanoo, that it is believed that only ninja who equal a Kage in strength are able to break through it.
Cost: -2

- | Susanoo; Incognizance | -

Effect: If this summon would become the target of an offensive effect that would utilize their Concentration statistic, they treat their summoner's Concentration as if it were their own. Whenever this summon or its Summoner are affected by a Genjutsu technique or other attack which dodge-roll was modified by the Concentration statistic, they are both affected instead.

Description: Constructed purely of it's owners raw chakra, a Susanoo is commonly considered impervious to the effects of Genjutsu or other such mind-altering techniques. Though that assumption is not far from the truth, it is ultimately incorrect. The Susanoo acts as an extension of its owner's mind and is intrinsically linked to them.

Cost: -1

Susanoo | He With The Ability To Help By All Means | 須佐能乎
Type: Ninjutsu [Void | Hijutsu; Uchiha | Dōjutsu; Mangekyō Sharingan | Kinjutsu; Powerful]
Cost: x Chakra
Effect: When this technique is used, the user must make a Summoning Roll. When determining the cost of this technique ‘x’ is equivalent to the cost determined by the user’s Summoning Roll. The outcome of this roll indicates the level of the summon ‘Susanoo’ that is summoned to the field. The user of this technique is afflicted with the status effect ‘Bleeding; 1’ for 3 turns. The damage dealt by this effect stacks with other techniques that possess the ‘Dōjutsu; Mangekyō Sharingan’ descriptor and all techniques that possess the ‘Dōjutsu; Mangekyō Sharingan' descriptor have a -10y% chance to hit (or +10y% chance to fail if the technique is not offensive), where ‘y’ is equal to the damage dealt by the status effect ‘Bleeding’ per turn (Only 'Bleeding' afflicted by the use of techniques with the Dōjutsu; Mangekyō Sharingan descriptor counts in this way.).

Honestly I would LOVE a concrete answer to this problem (Probably just as much as you) so that its not an issue again. 

@Sol Pope This is an endgame level 4 summon jutsu, (Which couldnt even be used until around level 80-100) so yes its going to be very powerful, being that it is a summon related technique, you can say in a way that it is skill locked to me, Im happy to slap a forbidden kinjutsu tag on this, its meant to be a finishing move. 

If the speed damage buff is too much Im fine with removing that, but otherwise I dont see the issue other than using incorrect wording. 

Edit: almost completely redid technique 

Busted

Edited by Pwnzie

I want to approach how I feel about this in depth. That said, it has become a pattern that I’ve seen where players will point to an approved creation as evidence for why their technique is approvable. I am unsure if I would have approved Tomokiri in its current state, but even so, something existing is not an excuse for something new to also be approved.

There are a number of reasons that I feel Cannon Blast isn’t approvable (by me, by all means other staff can disagree). I listed them before but I want to point out why I think it’s power creeping on even Tomokiri.

Tomokiri and Cannon Blast do the same base damage of 600. Tomokiri and Cannon Blast both reduce defenses, increase RPJ fail chance, and require active dojutsu (in Cannon Blast’s high end with Susanoo active.). Tomokiri does both of the former more potently, yes. However, it is a skill locked technique that eats up a users single use Chidori at sennin. It requires SP investment and can only be used once per battle. You say I can consider this "skill locked" but with Cannon Blast I disagree. The Susanoo skill cost is minimal and entirely different than what are considered skill locked techniques.

In comparison, Cannon Blastdoes defense reduction, increase RPJ fail chance, busts barriers, and prevents clone interception. All while doing the same base damage. Further, Tomokiri increases its damage by 3 per 40 total speed the user has. Cannon Blast increases it by 3 per 40 total stats. That is a monumental difference. 

Considering Tomokiri is both skill locked and has a maximum battle limit, it is a poor reference to use for why this technique should be approved., especially since your technique has a much higher ceiling and removes all your opponent’s options to evade except for simply dodging.

Edited by Sol Pope

Major changes to this tech to remove influences from other jutsu that shouldnt have been there in the first place, and made sure that I adjusted all of the ratios both chakra and JP wise for powerful kinjutsu costing. 

This thing should finally be ready to go! 

First time doing approvals in awhile so going through each of these. Apologies if they are explained elsewhere. 

• 700 Damage
    • 350 Chakra, easy!
  • The target cannot apply any equipment bonuses when responding to this technique.
    • This seems like a skill locked jutsu type of bonus. Is there a reference for a current jutsu that does something like this that isn't skill locked? 
  • This technique does 1.5x damage to barriers/shields;
    • Yep, +25% Total Cost multiplier is correct here.
  • and may not be intercepted by summons/clones.
    • Same as the first line, seems like a skill locked jutsu sort of effect. Normally to do this you need to also target the other characters with an attack, which would put it near AoE pricing.
  • This technique has a 25% increased chance of a critical hit.
    • +50% Total Cost is also correct, no issue here.
  • The target of this technique is inflicted with 2 turns of Burning 210.
    • 420 / 2 = 210 * 0.8 = 168 Chakra, or 84 per turn. 
  • Response Phase Jutsu used against this technique have an additional 25% chance to fail, even if they did not already possess a fail chance.
    • +25% to the total cost, correct.
  • If there is no eye based advanced system at the time of this techniques use, the chakra cost of this technique is considered to be 1.5x with X being its original chakra cost; and the user is considered vulnerable and stunned on their next turn. 
    • The reference you are citing is a skill locked jutsu which has different rules for approval. I don't see a skill associated with this, so we can't apply such a specific clause and reduction of cost. 
  • What is the +8 in the JP for? It's been awhile, I am probably just forgetting something.
  • Lastly, why is this personal to Shinji? We don't really do personal tags for individuals much anymore, if at all.

Comments in red need addressing, comments in orange are basically fine just me doing the math to check it so I don't need to redo it when I come back to this thread.

On 8/6/2021 at 2:26 AM, cntrstrk14 said:

First time doing approvals in awhile so going through each of these. Apologies if they are explained elsewhere. 

• 700 Damage
    • 350 Chakra, easy!
  • The target cannot apply any equipment bonuses when responding to this technique.
    • This seems like a skill locked jutsu type of bonus. Is there a reference for a current jutsu that does something like this that isn't skill locked? 
    • I guess its skill locked in the sense that to be able to use it you would need the Susanoo Unleashing skill since its tied to a susanoo summon. (And can only be used by Shinji coalesced with his Susanoo Summon. 
  • This technique does 1.5x damage to barriers/shields;
    • Yep, +25% Total Cost multiplier is correct here.
  • and may not be intercepted by summons/clones.
    • Same as the first line, seems like a skill locked jutsu sort of effect. Normally to do this you need to also target the other characters with an attack, which would put it near AoE pricing.
    • This I would like to keep if I can, the idea of the technique is that its a massive blast, something that having clones jump in front of wouldnt do much about. Susanoo unleashing costs 1 SP if that would count...?
    • +50% Total Cost is also correct, no issue here.
  • The target of this technique is inflicted with 2 turns of Burning 210.
    • 420 / 2 = 210 * 0.8 = 168 Chakra, or 84 per turn. 
  • Response Phase Jutsu used against this technique have an additional 25% chance to fail, even if they did not already possess a fail chance.
    • +25% to the total cost, correct.
  • If there is no eye based advanced system at the time of this techniques use, the chakra cost of this technique is considered to be 1.5x with X being its original chakra cost; and the user is considered vulnerable and stunned on their next turn. 
    • The reference you are citing is a skill locked jutsu which has different rules for approval. I don't see a skill associated with this, so we can't apply such a specific clause and reduction of cost. 
    • Ah ok, fair enough. Ill remove this. 
  • What is the +8 in the JP for? It's been awhile, I am probably just forgetting something.
    • Oh the 8 is the 'base jp cost' that it wouldve been if it wasnt kinjutsu tagged.....As I am typing this I am wondering if I was supposed to just drop the 8 and make the cost 15... 
  • Lastly, why is this personal to Shinji? We don't really do personal tags for individuals much anymore, if at all.

Err it was personal to Shinji since because its a susanoo technique, used by his susanoo I figured why not have that in there, but it is kind of implied so pulled that out so theres no confusion. 

Comments in red need addressing, comments in orange are basically fine just me doing the math to check it so I don't need to redo it when I come back to this thread.

Depending on what you think about the clones effect, and the equipment bonuses being skill locked by susanoo unleashing, after that its good to go! 

The Susanoo Unleashing would not be able to be considered for skill lock since it is already giving a bonus. A skill lock example would be like the Chidori or Rasengan skills where the only they do is give access to those techniques (and hence allow those techniques to get more power from that skill).

If you want to prevent clones from intercepting this you could make it an AoE since the intercepting rules can only be used if the character was not the target of an attack.

Okay, some edits have been made so let's break this down!

• Damage: 600
    • 300 Chakra Cost.
  • This technique does 1.5x damage to barriers/shields
    • +25% Total Cost
  • ... and may not be intercepted by summons/clones.
    • Remove this part. This technique being an AoE will already do that without needing to say that.

• +50% Total Cost

• +25% Total Cost

• Area of Effect

• x3 Total Cost

So the cost would be...

300 * 2 (25%+50%+25%) = 600 * 3 = 1800 Chakra Total

And since it is a coalescence, each character pays half so we cut that cost in two.

1800 Chakra / 2 = 900 Chakra

For this jutsu it would be 28 JP (for a 1800 Chakra Jutsu), but then divided by 2 since its only able to be used as a coalescence. 

As before, orange is just commentary and red is needed changes.