Toroi21

Toroi's World Building Vol 1.

Spoiler

cSP4M89.jpg

Armor Type: Head Only

Attribute Name: Tinted Visor 

Description: When blinding lights come flashing your way, it gets a little hard to see. We've got just the thing to protect your sensitive eyes!

Effect: The Status effect 'Blind' only reduces accuracy by 25% instead of 50%.

Cost: 両500

Spoiler

GeqcdHN.gif

Armor Type: Forearms

Attribute Name: Smoke Screen

Description: Yes, it is important to take a hit. But a real shinobi can avoid being hit in the first place! Your armor has a small projectile launcher specifically designed to shoot smokebombs toward the enemy. With a single button, it is propelled through the air with a small air cannon with enough force to make it explode on impact. That oughtta teach 'em!

Effect: The user may activate any consumable 'Smoke Bomb' as a free action during the main phase, so long as it may be in their possession. This ability may only be activated twice per battle. 

Cost: 両120  

Spoiler

GeqcdHN.gif

Armor Type: Forearms

Attribute Name: Flashbang

Description: Yes, it is important to take a hit. But a real shinobi can avoid being hit in the first place! Your armor has a small projectile launcher specifically designed to shoot flashbangs toward the enemy. With a single button, it is propelled through the air with a small air cannon with enough force to make it explode on impact. That oughtta teach 'em!

Effect: The user may activate any consumable 'Flash Bomb' as a free action during the main phase, so long as it may be in their possession. This ability may only be activated twice per battle.

Cost: 両200

Edited by Toroi21

Spoiler

Not gonna lie, i completely forgot about this. 

According to the original critique, Tony said it could be an interesting bit of design space, trying to make action economy more smooth with consumables, which is exactly what i was trying to accomplish here. 

Fluff-tistically, I was thinking small compartments in your armor... possibly from the forearms that holds two bombs of choice. You open it up quickly and throw it to make your evasion much better.

Mechanically, using consumables takes up an entire phase, i wanted to make turn economy slightly better for consumables.  Now that i'm reading this out loud, i feel like it's more of a free mainphase action than a free setup phase action, but fluff-wise, but it still seems decent all the same. (I changed it from a free set-up to a free main phase)

*Note I'm bad with pricing these sorts of things, so I'm open to anything. 

Sure, but again, what are you buying? You just say "Smokescreen", a smokescreen is caused by a smoke bomb, so how is the aftermath of a consumable going to make you use the consumable more smoothly? So what makes your smokebombs/flash bangs go off faster? This still feels/sounds like a skill right now. There is nothing wrong with the idea, so I'm not arguing Tony's critiques, just... trying to parse out item from skill.

Edited by PandaMattMatt