almondsAndRain

[Element] Weakness, Weakhearted

[Element] Weakness

Perhaps it's a genetic quirk, or a flaw in your Chakra network, or even entirely psychological - regardless of the reason, your body is uniquely weak towards a specific, common element.

Effect: The user suffers twice as much damage from any Subtle Element; [Element] attacks and attacks of any Tier 1 Element that requires Subtle Elements; [Element].

Cost: +1.

Weakhearted

Fear affects everyone in different ways, and some far worse than others. It picks at your mind and rushes your heart, and sometimes your anxiety causes you more harm than your enemies can ever hope to.

Effect: The user suffers 25X damage and Ghost Damage at the end of their Response Phase, where X is the number of consecutive turns they've been under the effects of Afraid.

Cost: +1.

Edited by almondsAndRain

These are general skills, but send me a forum PM so that I have a record of who took these and can inform you of any changes.

[Element] Weakness

This is a resubmission of an old skill I made some years back. It… was not great. I'm not sure how it survived the hindering purge, but I just moved it to Dead. If you know someone has it, please tell them the old one was moved to dead and this been resubmitted. No one told me if it was ever taken.

The entire second half of the skill only barred the user from taking options they never would have taken to begin with if they nabbed this skill. The part where you could not roll an Elemental Specialty of your choosing was actively helpful in some cases. All in all, this is very streamlined in comparison. I reduced it to +1 partly because the rest of the effects were cut and they played a part in the cost of the last version, and partly because it's hard to justify +2 for a specific subset of elements when Damage Prone is +4 and doubles all damage.

Weakhearted

There was another skill in that thread that got cut as the old fear statuses were being updated to Afraid, hence the "Fear is the Body Killer" thing in the title. That name is awful. Anyway, this is basically Choking inflicted by Afraid, but it stacks with Choking itself and hits you in both health pools.

Edited by almondsAndRain