Unmotivated
Effect: Characters with this skill must train for an additional 2 posts, when training for techniques, jutsu points, or skills
Description: Some ninja don’t do well when left to their own devices. No matter how skilled they are, they don’t have the motivation to train as hard as they could if they had somebody there to psyche them up. In groups though, these ninja are able to perform just like any other shinobi.
Cost: +1

Reposing the original skill found here. It is exactly as it was before, but the old thread was moved to dead due to Academy Student.

Edited by Hardcore Skittlez

It's meant to to the best of my knowledge, so I went ahead and edited that in there for clarity. This can add up pretty quickly-- and is potentially infinite extra words. The Gates alone would net this 3200 bonus words that had to be payed. Frequently, training requirements are tacked onto skills or techniques to give them just a little bit more throughput. For example, a skill might have 2000 words of training tacked onto it to reduce its SP value by about 1, or to increase some attribute of it by 10-15%. The things that I know currently have training requirements are:

Gates 1-8

Chakra Enhanced Strength

Genius of Hard Work

Rasengan

Chidori

Sage Mode

The 5 Yokai Mastery Skills

Astral Release

Lightning Release Chakra Mode

Arsenal of the Nekomata (Furousha Clan Skill)

Element Blending

And that's just what I can think of off the top of my head. Some of them have multiple stages to their training, as well- and this would apply multiple times for those as well. Would it be better if I changed it to instead just read, "Whenever this character would train for any purpose, they must write an additional 400 words. Words written for this skill grant no benefit to this character." ?

The most convincing thing there was the Jounin taught stuff, as basically everything else is optional and most feed into very different builds where you would take one at most.

I'm guessing over a standard character's lifetime this will probably add up to +2000 words, mostly because of the Jounin taught stuff. Even if we assume a high end of 6000 lifetime words (15 items that they had to train for), I still see this as a +1 SP hindering. It adds words in a very rare occurrence and doesn't hinder combat ability.

EDIT: For reference, remember the discussion we had last week about how many words are needed to level up. 320,000+ words to get from 1-120 was about the good estimate we came up with. 6000 words is a drop in the bucket when looking at it on that scale.