Kubikiribōchō
Weapon Type:  Greatsword
Size: Large
Level: 40 (As of resubmission)
Special:

--Indestructible ($50)
--Unique ($50)

The Cleaver - $1100

When a critical is dealt with this weapon, it does 2X damage, instead of 1.5X. In addition, damage done to a shield, barrier or any other type of structure meant to block the sword are dealt 1.5x damage. Any attacks that would be considered a 'block' are instead a full hit.

Insatiable Hunger - $600
If Kubikiribōchō is ever destroyed but remains in the possession of the user, the weapon instead has all attack costs doubled and inflicts 'Bleeding' damage equal to its normal damage. The sword may be considered 'fixed' when 6x bleed damage has been inflicted in total, whereas x is the sword's level. While broken, all other special abilities and attributes are considered inactive.

Description: The very first of the Seven Swords created by Zandoran Koginu, Kubikiribōchō was known for being the most 'normal' sword of the bunch. Rather than possessing any real unique traits outside of its ability to reforge itself by absorbing the iron content in blood, Seversword's only other perk was that it was, for all intents and purposes, a perfectly forged sword. Though its size was incredible, it's weight was not so overbearing as to make it difficult to swing unless the wielder was untrained. It was also very aerodynamic, allowing its owner to gleefully toss it into the wind in order to cut off the heads of all who stood in it's path, earning it the title of 'Guillotine Blade'.

That all changed, however, when the sword was shattered in the battle against the Sanbi that predated Kirigakure no Sato's creation. In an attempt to quickly repair the sword, Koginu used some of the Sanbi's chakra-infused blood as a replacement, inadvertently sealing a portion of the Bijuu's power inside of the sword. Only the blade's master can tap into the latent power, but those who have bore witness to it's unlocking have said that a terrifying, demonic visage surrounds the opponent, freezing all who witness it in their tracks from fear.

It is a large sword, with the blade clocking in at five feet long and about 1.5 feet wide. The transition from blade to hilt is stark, with the hilt simply being welded into the actual blade. The grip is wrapped in a white cloth which is easy to replace should it become soiled by blood or other contaminants. Currently residing under the ownership of a Kirian woman, the Cleaver boasts a fine polish and is dutifully cared for like the legend it is.

Cost: The monetary cost of the blade is $2600, however instead of paying for it, the Cleaver must be gained through a 5000 word quest. Upon completion, the quester must roll a D100, with the target number for the roll being 100-X, where X is the user's level. If this roll is failed, the user may attempt it again, writing 2000 more words, and rolling a D100 with a target number of 75-X, where X is the user's level. If this roll is failed, the user may write 1000 more words, and attempt a final attempt, a roll of a d100, with a target number of 60-X, where X is the user's level. Anyone questing for this sword must have Rhapsody's prior permission.

Clause: This sword, just like every other sword amongst the legendary swords of the Seven Shinobi Swords of Kirigakure no Sato, is considered level '0' until the user has trained at least 4000 words with it. Following this training, it is considered level 10. 2000 more words of training is required to make the sword grow to its next stage, which its final stage, which is considered to be the level it was at while the blade was with its previous owner, or level 20 if there was no previous owner. All of the Seven Swords of Kirigakure no Sato can have their level upgraded via $, but not until the user has reached the 'maximum base potential' of the blade, and mastered it.

Edited by Rhapsody

The bleed bit is worded weird.

At first it says use weapon techniques that do bleed damage. Which would imply that the weapon tech specifies how much bleed. But then you say "damage done this way is the same as the normal base damage done by the sword"

Does this mean you can still use the weapon to execute weapon techniques that inflict bleeding? Or that when its broken, all attacks made with it deal bleeding damage instead?

Okay so I changed it to where if the sword is broken, it automatically inflicts bleed damage. You have to inflict 6x (x is the level) bleed damage in order to "fix" the sword. (Two strikes must hit, basically.) Idk why the effect was so garbled... I should have given it a better read when I posted it.

I have added some costs to the blade in the interest of everything... having a cost (I am really bad at pricing weapons tho so feel free to suggest better prices!!). I have also removed the clause about rolling a die and getting bound arm. Now you must only quest for the blade, and then train with it. Since the Cleaver is currently "in circulation," I also made it so that when the training is complete, it reverts back to its "old" level (currently 40) instead of just 20. I felt like these changes make the blade much more fair to any possible future owner.

Edited by Rhapsody

The Cleaver - $1000
When a critical is dealt with this weapon, it does 2X damage, instead of 1.5X. In addition, damage done to a shield, barrier or any other type of structure meant to block the sword are dealt 1.5x damage. Any attacks that would be considered a 'block' are instead a full hit.

I would say $500 for the crit bonus, $300 for the barrier/shield bonus and $300 for the block negation. This is also about the upper limit of what I would consider to be appropriate for a single Special Ability. They are all in the same theme though so I will let it slide. $1100 Total.

Insatiable Hunger - $800
If Kubikiribōchō is ever rendered broken/useless/etc, each strike with the blade has its cost doubled and instead inflicts bleed damage equal to its normal damage. The sword may be considered "fixed" when 6x bleed damage has been inflicted in total, whereas x is the sword's level. Until such a time that it is repaired, all other special abilities and attributes are considered to be inactive.

I would be a little more strict with the wording here. "If Kubikiribōchō is ever destroyed but remains in the possession of the user, the weapon instead has all attack costs doubled and inflicts 'Bleeding' damage equal to its normal damage. The sword may be considered 'fixed' when 6x bleed damage has been inflicted in total, whereas x is the sword's level. While broken, all other special abilities and attributes are considered inactive."

I would price this at $600. It means the weapon cannot be "broken" but dealing that much damage with the weapon means you are probably already close to winning. For instance, at level 100 you would need to deal 600 damage in just the destroyed state, which is still rather significant. 

Cost: The monetary cost of the blade is $1900, however instead of paying for it, the Cleaver must be gained through a 5000 word quest. Upon completion, the quester must roll a D100, with the target number for the roll being 100-X, where X is the user's level. If this roll is failed, the user may attempt it again, writing 2000 more words, and rolling a D100 with a target number of 75-X, where X is the user's level. If this roll is failed, the user may write 1000 more words, and attempt a final attempt, a roll of a d100, with a target number of 60-X, where X is the user's level. Anyone questing for this sword must have Rhapsody's prior permission.

Discussion bumped in staff about question word costs. As a note though, I don't think all the seven swords should have the same quest requirements. They will all have different costs, and that should mean different (but similar) quest mechanics.

Clause: This sword, just like every other sword amongst the legendary swords of the Seven Shinobi Swords of Kirigakure no Sato, is considered level '0' until the user has trained at least 4000 words with it. Following this training, it is considered level 10. 2000 more words of training is required to make the sword grow to its next stage, which its final stage, which is considered to be the level it was at while the blade was with its previous owner. All of the Seven Swords of Kirigakure no Sato can have their level upgraded via $, but not until the user has reached the 'maximum base potential' of the blade, and mastered it.

I think this is fine. A nice flavor that ties all the swords together.

Changed to reflect your reccomendations.

The price of the blade is now $2600, which is the attributes, special abilities and 20 levels as it is currently level 40 but the first 20 levels are gained through training and not paid for.

With that said, I'll wait on this until we get some questing rules nailed down. :)