Warr

Fluxating Little Earth

Umikoi Warrusu Ton; Kandan Umi-Kyuutai (Umikoi Warrusu Type; Extremes of Temperature Sea Orb)

Type: Sealless Personal Ninjutsu (Steam, Water and Wind Type)

Cost: 689

Damage: 600

Effects: This technique is one that very few could master, the usage of this technique is such that 40% of the time, the steam and chilly water used in the jutsu will reach equilibrium by the time the opponent is hit, and have no effect. However, this technique is still powerful, as 40% of the time it will hit, and will either deal two turns of Cold (Hypothermia stage one) or two turns of "Burned" [Determined by a roll of a D2 by the opponent.]. 20% of the time though, this technique will hit before any stage of equilibrium is met, and will be applied with enough force to cause the opponent with 3 turns of Cold (Hypothermia stage 1) and 4 turns of Burned.

User rolls 1d100;

Rolling from between 1 and 40 on the die gives the technique only damage, and nothing else.

Rolling from between 41 and 80 makes the jutsu deals the damage and either 2 turns of Cold (Hypothermia stage 1) or 2 turns of "Burned". This is determined by a die roll of one d2, where 1 is 2 turns of cold and 2 is 2 turns of Burned.

Rolling between 81 and 100 makes the jutsu deal the damage and both 3 turns of Cold and 4 turns of Burned.

Description: Using a combination of his own innate ability to manipulate water, (as well as temperature, thanks to his innate element), and an extreme amount of concentration, and luck, the user gathers a ball of water into their hand, keeping the center of the orb untouched by their chakra other than holding it still, and making their chakra wrap around it otherwise, to create a current of steam and a spiral of chilly water, swirling them constantly in hopes of keeping them from connecting, and allowing the user to charge at the opponent and attack them with the extremely surprising, and seemingly impossible to pull off technique. The liquid-yet-not liquid orb is roughly the size of a basketball.

Requires: Wind, Water, or Fire Primary Element, or Water Starting Element. Must be taught by Umikoi Warrusu.

Burned: The target takes 120% damage from taijutsu, basic and weapon attacks, takes 10 damage a turn.

Max Duration: 4 turns

DP: 30/turn

Cold (Hypothermia Stage 1): Target's chance to hit reduces by 5%(minimum of 15%). Target's speed is at 80%. Ninjutsu and Genjutsu that require hand seals have 5% chance to fail. Max Turns: 3. Burn/Bleed Effects last one post longer. (May not be stacked with any other Frozen, or Numb effects, this effect takes precedence.)

Max Duration: 3

DP: 50/turn

Edited by Warr

No, you roll a 100 sided dice and if you roll below a 40 the jutsu is only damage, simply from the thrust with the orb of water and the movement inside of it.

And yes, that's the point Eechi. Ice+Steam=Water, if they reach equilibrium. That's what the whole thing was.

D:

400 damage at sennin level is 233 chakra, the most devastating combination of status effects that the jutsu can effect would be another 270 totalling 503. However this only occurs 20% of the time, while 40% of the time the jutsu just does straight damage, another 20% of the time this jutsu inflicts 100 chakra worth of effects and yet another 20% it only inflicts 60 chakra worth of effects. I'd say this jutsu should cost around 350 - 400 chakra based on the fact that almost half of the time this jutsu is used it won't even cause a status ailment.

I believe you need to include the full potential of the jutsu into the chakra cost, or atleast something Blue told me on one of my other jutsu's.

I only included, however, the longest possible length for each effect to last, not seperate. That's why I came out to the number I did.

take the cost of each possibility, multiply by the %chance for that possibility to occur, add the numbers.

233x.4=89.2

(233+60)x.2=58.6

(233+100)x.2=66.6

(120+150)x.2=54

add them together and you get 289 chakra, unless i made a mistake in math somewhere.

This jutsu is a bit complicated because of it's potential factor.

I'm not sure if this should be priced like a multi attack jutsu (where a status effect must be payed for each time it could possibly effect the opponent.) or not. A mod needs to be called in for this one.

Moved this back to edit out the [unnecessary] ice element which was placed within it, and was a left over from back when twisted elements gave you access to all the pairings of that tier, and before we did the combinatorial elements bit.