Warr

Root

"根"には…名前は無い、感情は無い…

In Root... there are no names. There are no feelings...

過去は無い…未来は無い。あるのは任務…

There is no past... there is no future. There is only the mission...

木ノ葉という大木を目に見えぬ地の中より支える、我々"根"の意志

The will of us Roots supports this great tree called Konoha, invisible, from within the earth.

— Motto of Root

Organization Head: Ichuu (意思) (One's Intent, One's Heart, One's Goal.)

Organization Location: Konohagakure no Sato

Organization Members:

Organization History: Although ANBU is usually under the direct command of the Hokage, there was once an ANBU Training Department known as "Root" (根, "Ne"), which was created and directly controlled by Danzō. Danzō was a war hawk, and opposed the Third Hokage, and Root was disbanded. However, many members remained loyal to Root; and its existence continued through the Fifth Hokage. In the past, ROOT was destroyed, but like a phoenix, with the invasion of Konohagakure no Sato, radicals and leftists throughout the village and the nation flocked to the old idea of "ROOT" (根, "Ne") came to life once more.

People were afraid that the ideals of Konohagakure no Sato were wrong, that it allowed itself to be too soft, and that had it been under the rule of Danzō, and his compatriots, Konohagakure no Sato would be perfectly protected. Though the new ROOT did not spring up directly in the wake of Kumogakure no Sato, it was in very small numbers at the time, only radicals and total militarists tended to sit within it.

The organization as it stands, now, is possibly more 'fractured and shattered' than even the resistances of the world, but there is more beyond the veil of illusion. Though the organization known as ROOT, seems to be fractured, existing in pockets of no more than five or six, it is actually a highly organized and shadowy organization, which is led by a person known only as "Ichuu", whom no one has met, or would admit they had ever met. Being an officers over a cell does not necessarily grant you knowledge of the organizations workings, and more often than not, a minor officer might be the one who gets the orders from Ichuu, and relays those orders which are 'permissible' to rely to their unit's commanding officer.

Because of Konohagakure no Sato's failure to protect itself, and the fact the "Resistance" are the last remnants of the old Konohagakure no Sato that have to be ridden before ROOT's dream can be fulfilled, ROOT is engaged in a Shadow war aimed at both the Resistance and Kumogakure no Sato, and ROOT uses the two factions they appose as weapons against each other, giving valuable data to one faction, and then valuable data to the other, simply to keep this war going until one faction is gone, and the other is harmed enough to be cut off at the head.

In the end, the tree of Konoha's roots will hold her up, and from there shall her protection be held.

[Notes; Credit to Sako for the Original Styling/Quotes at the beginning.

Items and other things connected to the group will be created in time.]

I'd rather like to know if Nappers' post was a denial or not.

No, it was obviously what it said it was. It was a 'he can't approve as he's going to more than likely be a member'.

That makes little sense considering that Nappers and Khaos approved Hakumei creations.

Notice: A month later and I'm still characterless.

No it was not obvious. That was just one interpretation, for all we know; it could have been decided that ROOT was destroyed at one point, beyond revival. I'm just saying it was vague.

Anyway- would you mind if I wrote a little paragraph expanding some modern history and tying together with the Konoha resistance operation that failed? Of course that would make me ineligible to approve it, but eh.

If for some reason you'd rather me not, I'll just approve it.

Anyway- would you mind if I wrote a little paragraph expanding some modern history and tying together with the Konoha resistance operation that failed?

ROOT is a third party faction with no ties to Konoha's resistance. *I* would mind if you wrote an extended history, but just keep that fact in mind.

No it was not obvious. That was just one interpretation, for all we know; it could have been decided that ROOT was destroyed at one point, beyond revival. I'm just saying it was vague.

You can't stop a revival of thought and philosophy. That's an unstoppable thing, short of burning books, which is not something Konohagakure no Sato likely would've done.

I'd also prefer not to include anything of the sort to it, because I know there's the "Konohagakure no Sato" thing, but members of ROOT are neither NCIA or Resistance, they are ROOT members, and their alliegance is ROOT, and Konohagakure no Sato above all. It's already been decided that they likely would have not participating in freeing the village, instead hoping that both parties tied themselves so much that neither would be capable of defeating the radicals of ROOT trying to take over. Even though their plan didn't work, that's not a change of their situation, they're just waiting out and sending operatives to infiltrate organizations.

The size and structure of ROOT denies the likely situation that it would have been harmed to any noticeable extent by the Hi no Kuni NCIA crackdown on Konohagakure no Sato, so that is not and will not be mentioned, and likewise, Berry Town is outside of Konogakure no Sato, so holds no importance to be mentioned by ROOT.

Edited by Warr

Yes, you can stop it. If it dies out, which is something completely realistic. But that's not worth debating for any good measure here.

You guys assumed I was going to affiliate them with the Konoha resistance. I wasn't. I was going to portray a situation attributing to a factor to why the resistance failed and giving a little more reason to it, rather than how it just happened. Kinomi no Toshi also has or would have nothing to do with this. But that's fine and Rei, if you mind, then I just won't, simple as that.

Approved.