MrSako

One Piece Manga Discussion

Leave it to Bon Clay to save the day. Great chapter. Awesome way to end it, with Mr 2 standing toe-to-toe with Magellan (who arguably has the strongest Paramecia-type Devil Fruit I've ever seen). I'm sure we'll see him again.

Can't wait to watch Luffy's bounty just sky rocket from this little escapade.

Now, onto the execution of Portgas D. Ace!

The best part about the latest chapter is that it seems like an ass-pull when it really makes perfect sense looking back at all the hints in previous chapters. This is the reason why Oda is a storytelling genius. The only problem that I see is that he is making some of the secondary characters(specifically Ace and Buggy) way TOO interesting if that makes any sense.

Are you talking about the reveal about Ace's family? I was meaning the chapter that just came out today (552).

Honestly, Whitebeard has had so much hype in this series that I didn't think he'd live up to that. But no, Oda delivers yet again.

Nah, I wasn't surprised by Whitebeard (granted I honestly didn't think that he would have possessed a DF). The way its already been set up, it would have been damn near impossible for anyone to live up to the hype but Oda can deliver. The fact is, given what has already been shown in that ONE chapter . . . Oda is gonna have a VERY hard to trying to top this later on.

Edited by Muyasuki

Honestly I would replace Kishi in a heartbeat with Oda =x Oda can put together an epic story and not fail in any sense. One piece has truly been built wonderfully, all the flashback were meaningful to show why the character growth happened, not so much how they grew (That's imo)

So, looks like we have some new Devil Fruit to ogle over.

'Mystical Beast' Zoan seem like an interesting concept. I also like Akainu's Lava-type Logia (not sure why I never thought of that one before). Oh, and it seems we have a possible confirmation that Insect-type Zoans do exist in the One Piece world (I'm referring to page 14-15, bottom-mid). Looks like a spider/human hybrid.

Hehe did'nt know this thread existed. One Piece was the first manga of the 3 big mangas(Naruto and Bleach being the other two) that I picked up. I started off around when it first started, I think it was during Crow's arc that I started. Well been a couple of years sinces, and Im still a big fan. Seriously best manga off all time. I seriously think luffy should have gotten over 500,000,000 bounty by now. Too bad the marines won't increase his bounty when he defeated enel(Since sky island doesn't really matter to the marines anyways) and gecko moria. But by the end of this arc, he would definitely get along the lines of 500,000,000 bounty. If I'm not wrong, I've seen somewhere that Ace's bounty is also 500,000,000.

By the way, which arc would be amongst your favs? For me, I'd say either alabasta or Enies lobby.(CP9)

Well, since the World Government couldn't possibly try to cover this event up in any believable fashion, I could really see Luffy obtaining a 500,000,000 bounty. And I'm really curious to see what's going on between Zoro and that ghost chick. Think she might become a member of the Straw Hat Crew?

As for my favorite arc, hmm...that's a tough one. The Enies Lobby arc was great. We really got to see how every character had grown, as well as witness a much more vulnerable side of Robin. The Skypeia arc was good too. Luffy's bounty should've sky-rocketed after he defeated Enel but, then again, he did sorta get lucky (being made of rubber, and all). This current arc is quickly climbing the list, though. So many high-powered characters, and to watch Luffy actually struggle (as he should) and see how far he still has to go in terms of his own strength and power is really refreshing.

Personally, I dont think Straw Hat Pirates would have more than 10 crewmates. And as it stands, they already have 9(If I counted right) so I think at most they'll get is one more crew member. For that spot, personally I think the most worthy would be Bon Clay, basing on what he has done for Luffy and his crew.

Im also curious about the outcome of Rayleigh's and Kizaru's(Light df admiral) fight. Since the admiral's in the current arc, can't help but wonder if Rayleigh got caught. Oh yea, hitting the tenryubito would also be a reason why Luffy should get a sudden jump in bounty.

Truly...... One Piece was amazing. Luffy truly Showed how absolutely fearless/ ignorant of what he should be afraid of, he truly is. He is powerful and White Beard is just strong enough to hold off every Marine in order to let his family get away. The next chapter will probably be amazing. I hope the rest of the strawhat crew comeback. Also I'm scared for Luffy's health. When he can feel all of his pain again, he'll definitely be near death. Dr. Vegapunk seems like the only real villain left for Luffy's crew to take on.

Unless he fights with dragon.

After this he probably has increased his bounty to max. I mean. He and his crew performed every crime never to have been done before. They silenced one crime but they definitely filmed this one. Luffy is going to be the most wanted man in the world.

Sweet. Now that Ace's free, let's see how they plan on getting the hell out of there. I'm pretty sure Dragon has the highest bounty currently, being the most wanted criminal and all. After all this crap, all the dudes involved would definitely get high bounties. Even safe to say Buggy could get more than 200mil...maybe..lol