MrSako

One Piece Manga Discussion

Well... since Bleach has its own topic, One Piece deserves one as well! Ummm... what to discuss...

1. Devil fruit powers are disabled by the ocean, and the special stone from the ocean. There seems to be a power for everything... does that imply that there is no power over the water directly?

2. What kind of power would Luffy have to develop in order to take on Blackbeard? He is already developing the 'Vigor and Drive' that Shanks has, but that won't be too useful in a direct battle... will it?

3. And why is Blackbeard's power pretty much the same as Pein? Frickin black holes and such... you'd think that people would get creative.

Big Bang Kamehameha to end it all. >_>

Yup the power for Blackbeard and Pein is the same, I laughed when I saw pein first use it, though at least each author executes it differently.

I think Luffy will probably get some sort of new power simply from the hormones. At the very least he better have an immunity to the poison.

Can Luffy beat Blackbeard? Blackbeard didn't really have an overwhelming amount of strength when he fought Ace. He could take ALOT of damage though. Luffy can take damage too but he at least has alot of strength especially with the gears. Honestly I think Luffy has the advantage even without the shout ability he's got going on.

Yeah their pretty much the same, however, you don't see Pein using his power to clash with Naruto's rasengan as Ace fire clashes with Blackbeard's dark matter thingy. :P But with One Piece having this many strange powers and all it was bound to happen that someone was to have the same power and somone else sooner or later hehe.

And as for battling Balckbeard, I agree with the previous. What I want to see is how he manage to fight the other guys we have met. Like Admiral Kizaru and the guy who just sent the whole damn crew away to different places, not to mention Mihawk. Although I'm pretty sure this new power Luffy has is pretty much gonna sky rocket his power.

Edited by Zereon

So, I just went on a complete 'crash course' and read from the very first chapter of the manga straight through to the most recent (539), and I just have to say...holy crap. Honestly, I totally love everything about it. The storyline is so unique, clever, and well written. Seriously, this entire series has just been pure gold to me. I can't wait to see what the author has in store in the coming weeks (what with the huge war about to fought between Whitebeard and the combined might of the World Government and the Shichibukai).

Oh, and someone should go ahead and make a 'One Piece' RP around here. I'd totally be the first to join.

ehh, i dont know. I felt like it is being dragged out. The last chapter I read fully was about some treasure chest and the dude with the long nose in a cave(all i can remember), the last chapter I skimmed over was some dominatrix stuff and healing hormones.

Yes, but the pure creativity in 'powers of the devil fruit' is what I like the most. I mean seriously... the power to control HORMONES. That by itself is the most badass power, in my opinion. Able to change someone's gender is just... frightening to go up against. That is a huge psychological advantage.

What I like about it is that there are lots of little plots inside the big plot of finding One Piece (if it even exists). But Luffy made it clear that "it doesn't matter if it exists or doesn't exist... I don't want to know. If you want to know you can leave. I'm here for the adventure!" (The part where Usopp wants to ask Roger's old shipmate about the existence of One Piece). And the heirogliphic stuff with the 'True History,' 'All Blue...' It has something for everyone.

And seriously. The hero is a RUBBER MAN. And the way he beats his enemies is creative, too, like how he took on Crocodile.

And for all you haters... you know you want to be part of Franky House! :D

Dragged out? I don't think so. I like how One Piece is so open and anything is possible. I really think that is why it makes for a really great story. Correct if I'm wrong, but I've read this is the half way point in the entire story in general as Oda has already in mind how he wants to end it. I also think "One Piece" isn't anything of materialistic value either... probably like a whole spiritual thing or what not...

If anything is dragged out... (Naruto/Bleach) blah

edit: If I ever had the chance to live my life in a manga series it would be One Piece fosho!

Edited by islandonthesun

Yeah, I've never felt like the series is being drawn out but considering its an adventure series, I can easily understand how someone could see it like that. Truthfully, I more feel like Naruto is being drawn out in comparison. The last chapter had perhaps one of the best ending pages I've seen in a while.

I think that Luffy will naturally fare better against Blackbeard than Ace as Blackbeard seems to be a logia-killer type fighter when his DF is taken into account.

I think that Luffy will naturally fare better against Blackbeard than Ace as Blackbeard seems to be a logia-killer type fighter when his DF is taken into account.

Indeed, and let's not forget that Luffy's already beaten two Logia-type users before. Though, considering how badly he was beaten before and their type of history with one another, a second fight with Blackbeard might not be too far off in Ace's future.

I started reading this a few months ago, but didn't get very far. Got caught up reading other things.

Anyway, I just started reading this again because I really do like this a lot. I'm at the beginning of the Arlong Park arc, which I hear is when the series really starts to take off. But it's still good so far.

Taking into account something that Oda said in an interview (about the fact that Ussop will always be the weakest SH and nobody who joins will be stronger than Luffy, Zoro or Sanji), I expect that after this arc (or during) that at the very least one of these three (if not all three) will end up becoming members of the SH: Bon Clay, Perona, and Cammy. Personally, I'd be extremely happy with any one of these three but I'd be especially interested in seeing more interaction between Perona and Ussop.

Out of everyone, Ace has an absolutely zero percent chance of joining up with his little brother (at least permanently). He is absolutely loyal to Whitebeard and, if Whitebeard does end up dead (I see him being the only person to actually die during the normal timeline. I don't see him being killed in battle but I do see him overexerting himself during the battle as he did seem to have health problems due to his age), I can see Ace taking the helms of the Whitebeard pirates in Whitebeard's name.

The older brother wouldn't settle for being inferior to the younger brother. Just not done in Japanese society. If anything, Ace will take over the Whitebeard gang in the future.

But anyhow... anyone who says Usopp is weak is dead wrong. I mean come on... he takes a huge beating, and is back to fight. So, his resiliency rating is one of the highest of the crew. Besides... NO ONE IS MORE NEGATIVE THAN USOPP! (That was perhaps one of my favorite lines, as was the ultimate Sogeking pose: http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/419/16-17/ )

Yeah, Sako, that scene was epic.

I like where One Piece is going. They're going to have this supposedly infamous Head Gaoler take on Blackbeard. That should be interesting.

I can't wait to see what Luffy's bounty sky rocket's to after this whole incident is wrapped up. I'm thinking...500,000,000.