cntrstrk14

Cryokinesis

Cryokinesis

(Advanced System)

The Hyouki bloodline gives them all the unnatural ability to control every aspect of Ice and Cold manipulation with their minds. It allows them to supplement their Ninjutsu with their naturally cold chakra and increase their strength. It also allows them to with stand the harsh snowy climates with little to no protection. The Hyouki are truly one with their element feeling at home and revitalize when surrounded by it. It is a powerful ability but not without it's drawbacks. It is something that cannot remain active for long without harming those to cannot withstand the cold. Luckily the generations of Hyouki were able to perfect the bloodline to the point of suppressing it all together. This ability to transform allows them to interact and mingle outside of their clan.

Cryogenic Transformation

The Cryogenic Transformation is the trademark of the Hyouki clan. It allows them the ability to precisely control their power without brining harm to those around them. Because they emit such a strong cold while in their transformed state, they easily cause harm to those who spend prolonged amounts of time with them. The generations of Hyouki who were able to prefect it found that the gene could be suppressed and drawn out forcefully by focusing a controlled amount of chakra within themselves. Thus the Cryogenic transformation was born, allowing the Hyouki the best of both worlds.

Requirements:

- Hyouki Membership

Rank Requirements:

1 – Membership

2 – Chuunin Rank (Level 25)

3 – Jounin Rank (Level 50))

RP Appearance Guide:

Hyouki typically have purple colored irises and black hair naturally. Their appearance radically changes when they transform. Their hair becomes snow white, and their eyes turn a brilliant blue color. The user's skin becomes pale and cold to the touch, while the air around them drops in temperature as well. On a warm day, the user's breath will become visible.

* - Advanced Regeneration Skills are Haulted when Cryogenic Transformation is active.

Rank 1: Activated in the Setup Phase at a cost of 15% total chakra (no upkeep). This activation cost does not regenerate for as long as this ability is active. May be Deactivated in the Setup Phase at a cost of 15% total chakra. Takes two (2) turns to Deactivate. While active, the user is considered to have "Combinatorial; Ice". Also, Fire Jutsu deal an additional 30% damage to the user, rounded up. In addition, Ice Jutsu deal 20% less damage to the user while active, rounded down.(-1)

Rank 2: Activated in the Setup Phase at a cost of 12% total chakra (no upkeep). This activation cost does not regenerate for as long as this ability is active. May be Deactivated in the Setup Phase at a cost of 12% total chakra. Takes one (1) turn to Deactivate. While active, Fire Jutsu deal an additional 20% damage to the user, rounded up. In addition, Ice Jutsu deal 30% less damage to the user while active, rounded down.(-1)

Rank 3: Activated in the Setup Phase at a cost of 10% total chakra (no upkeep). This activation cost does not regenerate for as long as this ability is active. May be Deactivated in the Setup Phase at a cost of 10% total chakra. While active, Fire Jutsu deal an additional 10% damage to the user, rounded up. In addition, Ice Jutsu deal 30% less damage to the user while active, rounded down.(-1)

Cryokinetic Force

Through training and experience, the Hyouki are able to greatly increase their abilities with Ice Jutsu of all types. Outside of their transformation, the ninja can manipulate the element of Ice through a natural affinity granted by their lineage. While transformed, they may hone the same natural chakra with an affinity towards Ice based techniques. With practice and patient study, the ninja can release their chakra into their techniques to cause a destructive force to overcome their attack, making them much more powerful than the average Ice ninjutsu.

Requirements:

- Cryogenic Transformation: Rank 1

Rank Requirements:

1 – Membership (Level 15)

2 – Chuunin Rank (Level 30)

3 – Jounin Rank (Level 45)

4 – Jounin Rank (Level 60)

Rank 1: Once per turn when Cryogenic Transformation is active, the user may spend an additional 5% of their total Chakra when using an Ice Ninjutsu to raise their Ninjutsu by x until the end of turn, where x is 10% of their maximum Chakra. Reminder: Ninjutsu may never rise above 1.5y, where y is the base value. (-2)

Rank 2: Once per turn when Cryogenic Transformation is active, the user may spend an additional 5% of their total Chakra when using an Ice Ninjutsu to raise their Ninjutsu by x until the end of turn, where x is 20% of their maximum Chakra. Reminder: Ninjutsu may never rise above 1.5y, where y is the base value. (-2)

Rank 3: Once per turn when Cryogenic Transformation is active, the user may spend an additional 5% of their total Chakra when using an Ice Ninjutsu to raise their Ninjutsu by x until the end of turn, where x is 30% of their maximum Chakra. Reminder: Ninjutsu may never rise above 1.5y, where y is the base value. (-2)

Rank 4: Once per turn when Cryogenic Transformation is active, the user may spend an additional 5% of their total Chakra when using an Ice Ninjutsu to raise their Ninjutsu by x until the end of turn, where x is 35% of their maximum Chakra. Reminder: Ninjutsu may never rise above 1.5y, where y is the base value. (-2)

Cryokinetic Control

Cryokenisis can be quite dangerous. Without proper control it can do more damage than good, not only to the user but also to those around them. In the Hyouki's case, it allows them to properly conserve precious energy and chakra while maintaining the most efficient strikes. Through experience they are able to bend ice further to their will, masters of the art have even been told to gain control over Wind and Water chakra which are the building blocks of Ice Ninjutsu.

Requirements:

- Cryogenic Transformation: Rank 1

Rank Requirements:

1 – Cryokinetic Force: Rank 2

2 – Cryokinetic Force: Rank 3

3 – Cryokinetic Force: Rank 4

4 – Level 75

Rank 1: While Cryogenic Transformation is active, Ice Jutsu cost 10% less to use, rounded up. (-2)

Rank 2: While Cryogenic Transformation is active, user is immune to 'Ice' and 'Snow' Terrain Effects as well as the effects of Cold (Hypothermia Stage 1), Frostbite (Hypothermia Stage 2) and Hypothermic (Hypothermia Stage 3). (-3)

Rank 3: While Cryogenic Transformation is active, Ice Jutsu cost 20% less to use, rounded up. Replaces Rank 1. (-2)

Rank 4: While Cryogenic Transformation is active, the user gains a +10% boost to speed in 'Ice' Terrain. In addition, any jutsu that creates a snow based Terrain Effect for a set amount of turns lasts for one (1) additional turn. (-2)

Cryogenic Rebirth

The bloodlines most powerful transformation is something that had not been reached even by the first to develop the bloodline. The Cryogenic Rebirth is a second transformation that focuses the incredible about of cold chakra and enhances it. Though this transformation burns through chakra due to the constant output of energy, it allows for amazing feats that stop enemies cold. Their bodies come closer to ice, allowing them to draw vitalizing energy from the climate or terrain.

Requirements:

- Cryogenic Transformation: Rank 3

- Cryokinetic Force: Rank 4

- Cryokinetic Control: Rank 4

Rank Requirements:

0 – Level 60

1 – Level 65, Must Unlock Rank 0

2 – Level 75

3 – Level 85

RP Appearance Guide:

This transformation further's the Cryogenic transformation. The Hyouki's eyes lighten more, looking almost like light blue crystals. Their body become too cold for direct contact, and even proximity is instantly hazardous. An icy mist seems to emanate from their body due to the cold chakra leaking from their transformation. Their hair and body become covered in small ice crystals due to extreme cold freezing the water on and around their skin. It easily falls off and reforms as they move. It may seem as if their bodies are snowing.

Rank 0: When first taken this skill is considered "Locked”. To "Unlock” this skill the user must activated Cryogenic Transformation: Rank 3 in a battle and roll 1d50. Take the user then takes their roll and adds their level. If the Roll + User Level is higher than 100, then this skill is considered "Unlocked”. May only roll once per battle. Once unlocked, Ice Jutsu may be preformed without seals while Cryogenic Transformation is active.(-1)

Rank 1: While Cryogenic Transformation is active the user may use their Setup Phase and pay 5% of their total Chakra to activate this 'second' transformation and an additional 5% Chakra upkeep. Automatically deactivates when Cryogenic Transformation is deactivated. Fire Jutsu no longer deal additional damage to the user. Ice Jutsu deal 50% less damage to the user (Replaces Cryogenic Transformation damage reduction), rounded up. (-2)

Rank 2: While Cryogenic Transformation is active the user may use their Setup Phase and pay 5% of their total Chakra to activate this 'second' transformation and an additional 5% Chakra upkeep. Automatically deactivates when Cryogenic Transformation is deactivated. Fire Jutsu no longer deal additional damage to the user. Ice Jutsu deal 50% less damage to the user (Replaces Cryogenic Transformation damage reduction), rounded up. Wind and Water Jutsu deal 20% less damage to the user, rounded down. User regenerates 5% Health Points each turn when in Climate or Terrain effects with snow. Replaces Rank 1. (-3)

Rank 3: While Cryogenic Transformation is active the user may use their Setup Phase and pay 5% of their total Chakra to activate this 'second' transformation and an additional 5% Chakra upkeep. Automatically deactivates when Cryogenic Transformation is deactivated. Fire Jutsu no longer deal additional damage to the user. Ice Jutsu deal 50% less damage to the user (Replaces Cryogenic Transformation damage reduction), rounded up. Wind and Water Jutsu deal 30% less damage to the user, rounded down. User regenerates 8% Health Points each turn when in Climate or Terrain effects with snow. Replaces Rank 2. (-3)

Cryokinetic Awakening

Cryogenic rebirth allows the Hyouki to push their abilities beyond their previous limits. Enemies begin to feel the effect of the transformation simply by moving into close range. The extreme cold makes it difficult to get too close. Those who do will begin to feel the harsh effects of the coldest climates. Direct contact with the skin of a Hyouki in their final transformation is enough to cause a bitter frostbite.

Requirements:

- Cryogenic Rebirth

Rank Requirements:

1 – Cryogenic Rebirth: Rank 1

2 – Cryogenic Rebirth: Rank 2

3 – Cryogenic Rebirth: Rank 3

Rank 1: While Cryogenic Rebirth is active, if a close range attack from the user hits the opponent, the opponent rolls 1d2. On the result of a 1 they are under the effects of 'Frostbite Hypothermia Stage 2' for one turn. Does not stack with itself. If the opponent was inflicted with 'Frostbite Hypothermia Stage 2' for three turns already, this has no effect. (-2)

Rank 2: While Cryogenic Rebirth is active, all close range attacks from the user also inflict the target with 'Frostbite Hypothermia Stage 2' for one turn. Does not stack with itself. If the opponent was inflicted with 'Frostbite Hypothermia Stage 2' for three turns already, this has no effect. Replaces Rank 1. (-2)

Rank 3: While Cryogenic Rebirth is active, anytime an opponent hits or is hit by the user with a close range melee attack (the user and opponent make physical contact through body parts or weapons) they must rolls 1d50 and add 1/100 of their Defense and 1/100 of their Health. If they roll below 30 they are inflicted with 'Cold (Hypothermia Stage 1)' and 'Frozen' for one turn. (-3)

Winter's Exposure

Cryokinesis, while usually can only be manipulated while in an active state, does have standing effects on the user of the bloodline. After so many transformations, the user of this bloodline will begin to notice a blending of their two states. With consistent exposure to the bloodline, the user will eventually feel some of the power flow into their normal state. After so long, they may even be able to naturally control Ice and the chakra that create it without any need for the bloodline to be active.

Requirements:

- Cryogenic Rebirth

Rank Requirements:

1 – Cryogenic Awakening: Rank 1, Activated "Awakening" in at least 5 battles (RP or Stat).

2 – Cryogenic Rebirth: Rank 1

Rank 1: User gains the skill "Combinatorial; Ice" for free without need to meet the requirements. If the user already had this skill, their points are refunded. (-1)

Rank 2: User gains the skills "Subtle Elements; Wind" and "Subtle Elements; Water" for free. This ignores the rank restriction. If the user already had either of these skills, their points are refunded. (-1)

Creative idea and original concept courtesy of Blackrose!

Edited by Cellar Door
Editted According To New Advanced System Rules

Well then, let's break this down.

Cryogenic Transformation

- In retrospect to the whole bloodline there is little incentive to deactivate the bloodline, only when one is versus fire- which in the first place it would be risky to activate in the first place. That being said, the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages, so even though it costs a large chunk of chakra and time to deactivate I don't think it pulls enough of a drawback weight to be convincing both IC and (more importantly) in system for proper balancing. I'm not saying you should change anything, I'm just giving my opinion.

Cryokinetic Force

- See the blow comment for referencing on the ice using tad bit. I would also like to see ranks 3 and 4 be raised to at least -3 each because they are decently powerful. Although one has to pay an additional 5% of their total chakra, when combined with the branch after this one that reduces the chakra needed for an ice jutsu, then it will turn out in favor of the user.

Cryokinetic Control

- Considering the bloodline is based off of the whole transformation, I do not like the idea of having free access of those two elements outside of the transformation. In fact, if the user doesn't have the proper elements, they shouldn't have access to Ice since there isn't a skill here that allows that. While transformed if a different story since that kinda is the point here, yes? If I'm reading this wrong, then please clear it up.

Cryokinetic Awakening

- I'm going to leave this one open with only saying this. Haven't we repeated over and over that bloodlines don't affect opponents? Only jutsu do.

Okay, I editted the bloodline a bit after talking to some people, consider this my second draft. The largest change was in the Cryokinetic Force, which I have changed so that the effect is different and the description fits the ability more so.

Cryogenic Transformation

- The reason for the high cost to deactivate is for flavor more so than balancing needs. Many of the abilities (outside Force which has its own cost) have been seen in other passive skills (even some outside bloodlines). Because of this I think the activation cost is fair, however I am open for discussion.

Cryokinetic Force

- Completely changed, I agree that my first version was a bit too powerful. Please review it and critique.

Cryokinetic Control

- Cryokinetic Force actually allows access to Ice Jutsu. I did however give a little change to the description to explain the concept behind the 4th rank of this branch.

Cryokinetic Awakening

- Yes we have, but this ability is not really targeting the opponent. It is coating the user in an "aura" of cold chakra that will effect the opponent if they get into range of the aura itself. The third rank is an augmentation to a technique, as well as another addition to this aura concept. The user always has the option to use range attacks if they do not want to get the status effect, and the user must hit the enemy with another technique in order to get the bonuses from this skill. My Halo Amulet branch of my own bloodline does a similar effect with "headache", where if an attack of his hits, it has the chance to deal an additional status effect.

If this explanation does not suite you please let me know and we can change the skill to be acceptable.

Cryokinetic Force

- Much better, but I still would like to know whether by 'Ice jutsu may be used at anytime' to be outside of the transformation like it sounds, or only while transformed? As it would also applied to Wind and Water in the next branch. As I said before, this bloodline's point is the transformation and I really think it'd make more sense to keep everything in said transformation and leave the passive skills for clan skills.

Cryokinetic Awakening

- The first two ranks I am more inclined to accept, but I still am not entirely comfortable with the third rank. While the first two focus on the user, the third focuses on an opponent and that screams jutsu to me. I do understand that the skill itself is targeting the 'aura' but I still feel like using that kind of break down logic can make other skills previously denied acceptable. Removing the part where the opponent hits the user and I would be fine with it.

Cryokinetic Awakening

- The first two ranks I am more inclined to accept, but I still am not entirely comfortable with the third rank. While the first two focus on the user, the third focuses on an opponent and that screams jutsu to me. I do understand that the skill itself is targeting the 'aura' but I still feel like using that kind of break down logic can make other skills previously denied acceptable. Removing the part where the opponent hits the user and I would be fine with it.

As someone who built and has a bloodline which does exactly that, and causes an effect to an opponent on certain conditions, I am okay with it doing so with the last rank, but that has far more specific terms, 'Any basic attack or weaponless taijutsu technique', and does an amount of damage based on the user's level, with an additional amount on the amount of damage the incoming attack'd do. This does 85 DP's worth of effects, on any attack made by the user, or in the case of the opponent attacking with any taijutsu, weapon attack, basic attack, or ninjutsu with near a complete chance, only someone like Warrusu in stat build would stand a chance of having a chance of a serious immunity, and even then, it'd only be a 27 in 50 chance of one.

I'll be back to remark on that more later, but off hand I really do not like the idea of it doing it on such a broad range of attacks, as as our current system works, anything that in not specifically called a long range attack is not a long range attack, it's assumed to be a medium range at longest, but more likely a close range attack or something of the sort.

Much better.

I'm comfortable with the reflected effects, now that they're actually constrained, and so we won't have situations where every single series of attacks is claimed to be dealing those effects; I'm also comfortable with the boost to Ice Ninjutsu, as while they is inevitably going to be a even higher tool for stacking, there's still a limit to what the Hyouki can do with it, as they may boost the effects from getting more chakra, but they're also spending progressively more chakra when they do it, and thereby it is far less broken.

Approved.

Edited by Warr

So activation costs 15% of their total Chakra at the base rank, and that's only for the first turn it's activated, correct? If so, I'd like to see something added akin to:

"Activated in the Setup Phase at a cost of 15% total chakra (no upkeep), which does not regenerate for as long as this ability is in use."

Edited by Maelstrom

Cryogenic Force; I think it would be better if it only increased ninjutsu by 35% of the total chakra of the user, because otherwise for every turn you can add a 1:2 ratio to a ninjutsu technique, but if you decrease it to 35%, then it's closer to the ninjutsu Jounin ratio. I would then suggest making the skill cost -2. I'm just a bit uncomfortable otherwise.