Eechi-go

The Avengers:.

The goddamn Avengers. Fucking amazing.

I was a little worried that the culmination of the, what, last FIVE Marvel superhero movies would be all for nothing. I didn't think it was going to be possible for them to make a movie with such strong character leads without some falling to the wayside. I was also really worried that Iron Man was basically going to be the only relevant character.

I was wrong, the guy who did the writing did his job well. My only gripe is that even Hawkeye and Black Widow seemed more useful than Captain America in the end.

Also, dat Hulk vs Loki fight.

The entirety of the Hulk vs. Loki scene was... pure cinema gold. This was one of the most thoroughly entertaining movies that I have seen in a long time. I expected there to be a lot of action, but there also an abundance of clever, or downright hilarious lines.

Me gusta.

I went to the Avengers Marathon that they had at AMC. I got the special edition Thor Real D-3D glasses. :D

Anyways, it went from 11 AM to 3 AM, with Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor in 3D, Captain America in 3D, and then, finally, The Avengers in 3D. In between movies, Agent Coulson had a monologue about each of the characters before their movies. It was pretty epic.

Yesterday, a few friends and I took two hours+ out of Dead Week to go see this. Turned out to be a great decision. Joss Whedon absolutely killed it; the banter was seamlessly clever and poignant without being transparent, at least 4 big laughs*, and pretty much everyone got their 2-3 character moments**. Whedon is clearly very good at giving shine to every member of an ensemble- as proven by his TV shows- but goddamn if this wasn't just awesome. As far as superhero movies go, I think Avengers has set a very high bar for Amazing Spider-Man and The Dark Knight Rises.

Cap's "I KNOW WHAT HE'S TALKING ABOUT! ...I got that reference" got the biggest laugh from me, Hulk punching out Thor got the biggest laugh from the theater. Other big laughs include Hulk/Loki, Cap silently giving Fury 10 bucks, every Black Widow interrogation scene, and the post-credits scene.

except Thor, who seemed to repeat the same thing over and over.

P.S. Who's down for some shawarma?

I honestly just thought it was okay. It would have been 10x better had Marvel re-aquired the rights to the skrulls so they could have used them, and 20x better if it hadn't put time for black widow and hawkeye who do little to make the core of the Avengers team. Also would have replaced hawkeye and widow with giant man and wasp...

Other than that as a comic movie it got an A+!

When it comes to Thor, he's the most badass of all of them in my opinion. He can hold off the Hulk *WITHOUT* changing into a giant green monster, he holds the incredible Mjolnir, he can fly by spinning his hammer and literally flinging himself into the sky, AND he controls lightning.

He kinda sounds like a weird Sennin from NA, honestly.

tumblr_m3kl6aSYXO1qcnasco1_500.gif

I love the internet.

As for the Skrulls thing, don't they fall under the umbrella of the Fantastic Four franchise? If so, 20th Century would own their movie rights. Anyhow, I don't really see what having the Skrulls in the movie would have added*, though, admittedly, I am not a huge fan of the Skrulls or the Kree/Skrull war. It's a less accessible story than what they seem to be going with.

especially considering the relative bit part that the Chitauri played. I don't think having the Skrulls serve as Thanos' henchmen would have been ideal, either. Also, Thanos!

As for the Skrulls thing, don't they fall under the umbrella of the Fantastic Four franchise? If so, 20th Century would own their movie rights. Anyhow, I don't really see what having the Skrulls in the movie would have added*, though, admittedly, I am not a huge fan of the Skrulls or the Kree/Skrull war. It's a less accessible story than what they seem to be going with.

Makes me wonder what will become of the Fantastic Four as far as a movie property. They lost their Johnny Storm to Captain America, after all.

The next big movie event that I'm crossing my fingers for is the Civil War. But we need so many more characters introduced before that can happen, and it'd need to take place over several movies.

They're rebooting F4 with Josh Trank (Chronicle) is attached as director. They'll have to get a movie out by 2015 or the rights will default to Marvel.

I'd love seeing a Civil War movie, but Spider-Man featured so heavily in that story and not having him in the movie would have to hurt it. Same with Reed.

Spider-man did almost feel like the main character of the Civil War, outside of Cap and Tony, if only because he played on both sides for a little.

I also want to see the Iron Spider suit get used. Outside of the Ultimate Spider-man cartoon it just got dropped entirely.

@Cntr: Yeah 1Q is right 20th century fox still has the rights. The problm marvel has right now is a few of its bigger franchises are owned by other companies. Like X-men T_T

@1Q: I dunno I fuess I just hate when movies go far off source materials, but I love Thanos and Super Skrull lol

God a civil war would be so nice. The only problem I keep thinking of is by the time they set their movies up completly all the actors would be so old haha

EDIT: But they could do Secret Invasion next movie as a lead up! (even if its chronologically flawed)

Edited by Leon

The movie universe is not the same universe as the comics. The same events do not happen, the only events that happen in the movie universe are those that occur actually in the movies. They take liberties with the original story line, keeping close enough to feed the fan machine but also appealing to a current audience with heroes that are liked in the present time. I was also surprised to find out Fox had ownership of the entire Skrull Empire, I thought it would have been limited to the Super Skrull. Marvel licensing was a mess before Disney acquired them, and there are still oddities all over the place. Marvel (in movies) currently does not own the rights to feature X-Men, Fantastic Four, Spider-man, Ghost Rider, Punisher, Elektra, and Daredevil. There are a lot of characters included under each of those umbrellas that are included, but that's the short list. Of course, other mediums have their own problems with different licensing and characters.