Eechi-go

Pokemon Black/White:.

So since we apparently don't have a thread for these colors yet, and I'm just starting to edge towards the last gym leader, I figured I'd make this thread for everyone who jumped into Gen V.

My friend code is 0089-8069-7798

Also, I haven't gotten Black/White 2 yet, and I don't know if I should. Does anyone have it yet? Are there ANY new pokemon?

The way I understood Black/White 2, is that its like Platinum. It incorporates tons of pokemon from ALL generations, but the location is the same, so I'd assume the pokemon roster is also the same. There are new legendaries/new legendary forms. That one we are sure of. But some things to look forward to in Black/White 2:

1) A Battle Tower type area, where you fight EVERY gym leader, and people like Red and Blue.

2) Completed Black/White 1 save files can be imported to the new game for secret missions/story snippets telling you what happened to everyone.

3) There is a $90,000 item that boosts level by 8.

4) Of course a new storyline, set 2 years after the original game.

So yea. Just like platinum was to diamond/pearl, a more "complete" game with the ability to get pretty much any pokemon you want. But that battle tower is totally worth it all by itself.

Friend codes are in my signature, but:

Soul Silver: 4082 9271 7104 (Can I brag about how awesomely color-coded my team is?)

Black: 5329 5396 5919

I haven't been playing recently, but that's mostly because school's out and the university Pokemon team hasn't been meeting up. I don't battle much, except for a double wall-ish team (Lapras/Milotic, Skarmory/Sawsbuck) I keep just so the Pokemon team can try out their new strategies on my poor babies. ]=

I do have a full Pokedex on Soul Silver, and breed almost exclusively on that game. If you'd like a Gen IV Pokemon, just holler and I should be able to get you one with at least decent egg moves. I don't have a second DS on me for the summer though, so I can only trade to SS/HG unless it's a Pokemon I already transferred onto Black as extra stock.

EDIT: Haven't really thought about getting Black/White 2. I guess I will if I come back and everyone on the team's playing it. Maybe. >__> One of my friends in Florida started playing Pokemon Conquest and it sounds pretty neat, so I might look for a used one.

Edited by Cloudnine

Best way to recruit is to do weekly My Little Pony screenings in the lecture halls and give them official T-shirts. 8D

The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196.gif

Bad Jeannie, no My little pony! XD

On a side note, I traded my Black version for Pokemon Conquest and I will say that conquest is a lot of fun. I'd like more pokemon and there are a few things that could use some improving, but it's definitely work picking up. It's pretty much Final Fantasy Tactic/Fire Emblem meets Pokemon.

As for Black/White 2, I'm probably going to pick it up. Not to mention, there's a lot of neat side options that they added. One neat feature is when repel runs out, it'll automatically ask if you want to use another one.

Edited by wolfnin