wolfnin

Kaminari Tainai

Kaminari Tainai| Lightning Body|雷体内 

spnEU7a.gif?1

Kaminari Tainai, otherwise known as 'Lightning Body', is the kekkei genkai of the Senuskai Clan. The bloodline was first documented with the first clan head, known as Senuskai Kesa and has thus been well known within the walls of Kumogakure. Although the genetic make-up of a Senuskai can be complex, the Kaminari Tainai is the body's resistance to the heat, strain, and damage of natural lightning and lightning chakra and grants the user the natural ability to control the lightning element. This is not the only ability of the bloodline, as a natural inheritor is blessed with a unique ability. Due to the genetic make-up of their body, a Senuskai begins to naturally absorb the lightning particles from lightning techniques which are used throughout the battlefield. The full extent of these abilities are unknown, except towards those whom have mastered them or sealed away within the records of the Senuskai Clan.

Kaminari Tainai - Birth

Those born with the Kaminari Tainai are given the ability to manipulate the lightning element with ease. For them the manipulation of lightning is similar to the sensation of breathing and as such, they are seen to wield the element from birth.

Effect: The wielder may purchase the skill 'Subtle Elements; Lightning' for 0 skill points. 

Cost: -1sp. 

Kaminari Tainai - Lightning Rod
The evolution of the Kaminari Tainai has led to a strong resistance against the lightning element. Acting as natural lightning rods, their body absorbs the lightning with ease and directly discharges it towards the ground in order to minimize the amount of damage done. 
Effects:
Rank I: The wielder of this skill is always treated as if they possess an item with the attribute: 'Elemental Resistance [Lightning]'.  (-1sp)
Rank II: The wielder of this skill is always treated as if they possess an item with the attribute: 'Elemental Defense [Lightning]'. Must purchase Rank I. (-2sp)
Rank III: The wielder of this skill is always treated as if they possess an item with the attribute: 'Elemental Shield [Lightning]'. Must purchase Rank II. (-2sp)

Kaminari Tainai - Living Battery
The body of a Senuskai clan shinobi is different than that of the average shinobi. The natural resistance towards the lightning element is not the only ability of the Kaminari Tainai, as the bloodline and the genetic make-up of the Senuskai extend further as it reacts with any lightning particles within the area. As lightning techniques are used throughout the battle, leftover lightning particles are broken down and absorbed by the body. These particles are stored separately within the body in specialized cells and similar to a battery, the wielder is able to release the stored lightning and utilize it in whatever manner they wish.
Effect: The wielder of this skill gains a separate stat known as 'Static Energy'. For each rank in this skill: Every time the wielder of this skill uses a [Lightning] tag ninjutsu or is hit by a [Lightning] tag ninjutsu, 10% of the ninjutsu's base chakra cost is added as Static Energy into the Static Energy stat. Static Energy gained this way can be used to pay for basic attacks, weapon attacks, and skills or techniques that would require either chakra or stamina to use. Ranks may only be taken every 20 levels. Static Energy statistic can not exceed 50% of the user's total chakra statistic. 
Ranks: 3
Cost: -2sp per rank

(Old Bloodline-Denikimi; Here)
Edited by wolfnin

Is this the new version of Denkimi and is replacing it, or is it some kind of subset of it? I'm going to proceed under the assumption this is a new version of it and will replace it. With that in mind:

Kaminari Tainai: I don't think the upkeep should ever go below 5% per turn. Being able to have such a powerful bloodline active and still regen chakra seems a bit much. I'm okay with:

10% & 10%

10% & 7%

7% & 7%

5% & 5%

As Activation & Upkeep Costs. That way it keeps getting better. On the plus note: I don't really think you need quite so much negative now that the bloodline does less things. I'd say Tired 1 Turn at Rank 4, and Tired 1 Turn, Metabolic 1 Turn at Rank 5.

Internal Lightning Control: Without the inherent cost reduction, this seems way more okay, but is just a bit strong. I see Two options here.

1) Keep it as is, but cap at 3 Ranks. Make each rank correspond to ranks 2,3,4 of the bloodline. Add "This skill does not stack with any other cost reduction." type of verbiage. Because at max rank, 600 Con will see you with 60% reduction on all your lightning. That's plenty enough.

2) -2 Per rank, 2 Ranks. Corresponds to Rank 3 & 4 of the bloodline. Leave off the "Does not Stack" kind of verbiage, so you can take Inner Calm with it.

Shield of Lightning: We need to pay for this somehow. I'd suggest adding upkeep to the bloodline, because you can't get a shield that regenerates itself for free. I'd also suggest it only gaining health when you regenerate chakra, because that fits the flavor you've set-up that your chakra itself is lightning charge. So when your body regenerates chakra, the shield refreshes because there is new chakra in it.

And these shields need a maximum value. No potentially infinite shields that continue to regen themselves.

For the record it's the new version of Denikimi. 

Kaminari Tainai: I think having it at 3% upkeep is fine for what it does. Yes it's powerful, but at the same time it's not -that- powerful. There are plenty of other bloodlines that do much more than this, costing at 5%. I do believe 3% justifies it perfectly. 

Internal Lightning Control: 

Keep it as is, but cap at 3 Ranks. Make each rank correspond to ranks 2,3,4 of the bloodline. Add "This skill does not stack with any other cost reduction." type of verbiage. Because at max rank, 600 Con will see you with 60% reduction on all your lightning. That's plenty enough.

This is actually incorrect. If I were to calculate it at max rank, it would be 2% (Base Con) + 4% (Skill) = 6% per 100 Con. As such at 600 Con, you would get 36% cost reduction for Ninjutsu. (Not to mention you'd have to get 1000 con just to reach max con bonus) I'm fine with having each rank correspond to each bloodline rank or just have them with their own levels, and if necessary drop it by a rank. However, I don't think it requires a '\does not stack with other cost reduction skills.

Shield of Lightning: We need to pay for this somehow. I'd suggest adding upkeep to the bloodline, because you can't get a shield that regenerates itself for free. I'd also suggest it only gaining health when you regenerate chakra, because that fits the flavor you've set-up that your chakra itself is lightning charge. So when your body regenerates chakra, the shield refreshes because there is new chakra in it.

And these shields need a maximum value. No potentially infinite shields that continue to regen themselves.

I'm fine with adding an addition 1% upkeep for this skill. Hence rank 2 would be a 2% upkeep. Also, as for the regeneration clause, it was already there: "Additional shield health occurs during Chakra/Stamina regeneration." Also, the statement of potentially infinite shields that continue to regen, is essentially the point. You have a single shield which regens by itself due to the user's natural lightning. However, at high level ranks a measly 400 health shield (assuming max rank and 2000 chakra) can easily be blown away by a higher level. I'm fine, if necessary, to up the requirement to the fourth rank of Kaminari Tainai, since something like this can be considered high leveled. Though I dont believe it needs a max health. 

Kaminari Tainai: I'll concede the 3% (looks at Sharingan).

Internal Lightning Control: You're right. My math was bad.

Lightning Shield: Yes, it says you Regen shield health during the chakra/stam regen part of your turn, but the effect says it regens every turn. My suggestion was to make its health only regen whenever you regen chakra.

Because the problem here is that you're trying to combine effects to essentially mean you never take damage. Your bloodline gives you beaucoup De Evasion to help you dodge, and now for every turn you successfully dodge, your shield gets bigger, so when they do finally hit you, the attack fizzles. That's the problem. Too much synergy. Just like how everyone complained cuz the Nara punishes you for dodging, but if you don't dodge you get wreckt. Same situation. It becomes un-fun to play against. So we have to limit the power of such things.

And yes, they need a HP limit. Firstly because every shield and barrier in the game has an HP limit. If we allow this one to not, then other people will want infinity shields, and that'll get stupid. Second, because here's the scenario. Turn 1 activate bloodline. Gain shield. Opponent can't attack me turn 1. Turn 2, health of shield doubles. Do some attack. Turn 3, RPJ. Health of Shield increases again.

You can set up in three turns (assuming you've done as outlined above, with stats you hyptohesized) a 1200 HP barrier, that will keep regenerating 400 HP per turn. The number of characters that can deal 1200 HP in a turn are few in number, and if they can't deal that level of damage, then you just keep getting this impossibly high barrier. Now put this on a character with path of the Defender, who is gonna drastically reduce damage. It essentially makes the character unhittable...and all it took was 3 turns to set-up.