tygerin

Mortar Shurikens

underworld_stars8.jpg

Mortar Shuriken
An extension of modern armaments in traditional combat. These circular discs which are easier to store within the ninja’s compartments. Within the discs are two capsules filled with nonvolatile liquids. When triggered, the tri-blades extend through their openings into a shuriken slightly larger than an adult hand with the liquid capsules being breached and drained into a mixing chamber, creating a volatile mixture. Once the weapon hits it target, it embeds itself into the flesh of the target and delivers an explosive payload.
Type: Small Weapon
Deals 170 damage
Item Slots: 1.0
Cost: $85 each

#It is a combination of the Large Shuriken and Rank 4 Explosive tags. So simply added both cost and damage together into one weapon.

Edited by tygerin

I'm not ok with this being a straight tag+shuriken cost. One of the things that balances explosive tags and wire string (among others) is that you can only use one item at a time. With this, you could throw a Mortar Shuriken and tack on another explosive tag for massive damage. Not saying the idea is bad, but it'll need to cost extra for the utility it offers.

Actually, this is nothing at all like an E. Tag and a Shuriken together. It took the damage, which is fine, but it took none of the versatile effects of an Explosive Tag with it. It can't just be added damage to any action, or anything like that. It's just a big-nasty shuriken.

And if you look on the main site, small weapon pricing is 1:2, so this would actually only cost 85 Ryo. Now, this does do a fair amount of damage though, so its current cost is good with me, since a genin could theoretically buy this and just kill his friend with it. I don't know, I don't have a super good idea on how to limit high damage small weapons, other than maybe making damage tiers that increase the cost per point of damage. I don't know, either way. If y'all have any good ideas on that let me know. It's probably something that would go in unwritten rules, since its not terribly pertinent to the rest of the game, but having a system in mind would be nice.