disthawk12

StarForged Arrow (Vitrum)

StarForged Arrow (Vitrum)

Damage: 10

Effect: When calculating Critical Damage applied by a weapon attack, treat the Critical Strike multiplier as if it were 1.75x total damage. These arrows break on a successful strike, And only two can be held at one time. 

Description: A Arrow that can barely be shot and explodes into a million glass shards upon impact. 

Item slots .5

Cost: $300

Edited by disthawk12

Ok, there are a few things that jump out at me: 

-The first thing is that I don't really what type of item these are, because you're mixing types. I think you're intending them to be Consumables. Consumables are something you eat/apply; they can't have weapon attributes like 'Affliction'.

-The next is, how are they used? Do you load them? Is it free, or does it take a setup phase? How many can you use in one attack?

-You've given them a Damage value; the only main-site consumable type item that does direct damage is Caltrops and Explosive Tag Balls, both of which take a whole Main Phase to use. i'd recommend changing the wording on this to increase the damage of something else, like the attack that you're combining these with. 

After those are nailed down we can start talking about pricing. 

If they're supposed to be small weapons, then they shouldn't be used like consumables. Small Weapons should be usable on their own as a weapon in their own right. Also, small weapons can't have attributes like 'Afflicted' either, so you're still sunk there. If you're set on making arrows weapons I'll move this topic to the Custom Weapons subforum.

I don't like this being equal to glass. Elements on small weapons are iffy, tier 2 even more iffy, and this is essentially glass arrows. I'd rather see this at 1.65x instead of the 1.75x of glass. If you want the full 1.75x you can try make a technique to tweak your arrows to gain glass. There's some vague precedents there, nothing to stop you from trying. Drop the cost to $250 if you do, and I think I'll happily stamp that.

Also maybe change the description, small weapons can be retrieved and reused in battle, hard to do that if they explode on impact. OR. Drop the cost to $200 and add a line saying 'This weapon cannot be retrieved or reused for any reason during battle (it is still collected as normal at the end of battle)'

Edited by Princess

Are these small weapons? If so, I don't have a problem with raising crit damage to 1.6x instead of 1.5x. I agree wiht princess taht 1.75x is a bit much. I also have no qualms with you having these gatherable like normal. But only if these are small weapons.

If you're intending to combine this with something like a Bow, or a Crossbow, and use this as ammo, as you have implied, this becomes a little more intense, because then you are combining an uncapped crit multiplier with a weapon that can already have special abilities, and can deal out a lot more damage than this can. So first we should nail down exactly what this is.