disthawk12

Mukei Henshin||Abstract Metamorphosis||むけいへんしん

Trinity-Knot-300x260.png

Mukei Henshin||Abstract Metamorphosis||むけいへんしん

Description:

With a great bond with a pet and a constant supply of chakra, the user can greatly change the shape of their pets into one of more powerful or greater stature. These changes can greatly differ as they both depend on the pets willingness and power, and the user's imagination and skill. The enhanced pets can grow into the size of some summons and become beasts only fathomed in dreams.

Activation Cost: 15% Chakra

Upkeep Cost: 10% Chakra (Whilst active advanced regeneration is turned off)

(Ratios are a Level: Damage Setup)

Stature Abstraction:

Effect: While active using basic pet attacks the damage is calculated in a 1:1 Ratio

Rp Effect: The user's pet may grow up to 2x its original size Whilst the system is active (X is Ninja rank (1 Gennin, 2 Chunnin, 4 Jounin, 8 Sennin ).

Description: The pet grows into a larger form of itself, its appearance is not changed drastically claws may be larger and so on, doing this cause create the chance for the pet to do more damage.

-2 sp

Primal Abstraction

Effect: While active using basic pet attacks the damage is now calculated in a 4:5 Ratio.

Rp Effect: Whilst active the user's pet may attack with a blast of any elements that the user knows.

Description: The pets claws and/or teeth become sharper, more dangerous. his body looking more primal as if a distant relative from the past. The user's pets claws and/or teeth, now sharpen causing them to look more primal Additionally, Spikes may grow on the pet's back  

Requirements: Level 30, Lesser Abstraction.

-2 Sp

Trekking Abstraction 

Effect: While active using basic pet attacks the damage is now calculated in a 3:5 Ratio.

Rp Effect: The user may reduce word travel posts by 50% If the travel word count before reduction does not exceed .5X the user's chakra, Additionally the user may roleplay flight.

Description The Pets body changes heavily at this point becoming almost a different animal, Growing wings or fins and slowly adapting as if something has been unlocked, 

Requirements: Level 60, General Abstraction

-2 Sp

Perfect Abstraction

Effect: While active using basic pet attacks the damage is now calculated in a 2:5 Ratio.

Rp Effect: The user may reduce word travel post by 75% If the travel word count before reduction does not exceed the user's chakra, Additionally Whilst in flight the user may create small gusts of wind capable of fanning or extinguishing flames.

Description: The pet is truly at the users whimsy as the final application allows the pet to gain full control over their new body, Greater wings and/or fins have grown, The pet has fully developed into the initial idea the user had for them whatever that may have been.

Requirements: Level 90, Grand Abstraction.

-2 Sp

Edited by disthawk12

Design notes!: 

So as far as im aware this is the first advanced system to work with the new pet system so we'll see how this goes

Main Effect: Nothing too hearty simple put this will make out at max level 300 damage on pet basic attacks and about 150 for Grand abstraction,

Rp Effect: Also nothing too hearty but an interesting mechanic for the travel reduction, Since this isn't a technique but a system with a constant cost I thought it would be better to have the lower levels be restricted by word count needed to travel.

Sp cost: Im a bit iffy on it thinking maybe 3 or possibly 4 but we'll see 

So this idea is interesting in terms of flavor, but mechanically this AS is subpar and not really needed. This feels a lot more like a skill that you could train for, which would fit this better instead.  Also, the first rank of this AS also is the same as 'Savage Attack' from Path of the Tamer. 

If you want to keep this buff of basic pet damage, I'd say make it a single skill with two ranks, going up to 3:5 damage ratio at -3sp per rank, and have it require 'Savage Attack' as a pre-requisite. You'd be getting about +200 damage for any attack, which is on par with Ninjutsu Mastery and Martial Artist type skills. 

An idea: If you wanted to keep this as an AS, I'd say make this pet basic damage buff one of the skills provided by the AS and then maybe expand on basic pet damage stuff, if that's the route you want to go down with something like this. 

Well actually, This isn't subpar. The reason I stopped at 2:5 was it equivalent to 1200 in a ninjutsu or taijutsu stat (1200/20*5 30) Which I was told by Cntr And Kc was the precedent okay with Advanced systems, since this isn't passive like martial artist and ninjutsu mastery so I do not see a true reason to compare them. 

As for the savage attack skill, I would be willing to increase that to 3sp since it is made to counteract the need for whilst active.

Also I have redone some of the rp effects 

Okay so let us look at why, at its core, this is subpar. 

Your max level of this is, effectively, +1200 in stats worth of damage right? Now your pet can make one strike a turn to use that, and if it does you can't use any of your pet combination abilities. 

Let's look instead at if you had say, +1200 taijutsu. Okay so that applies to literally every taijutsu attack you make and in no way limit what moves you can make which optimise the ability.

Then, crazy thing here, your pet can just...die. So do you take multiple pets? They all die faster and AoEs will nuke this, at which point...your 1200 bonus points are wasted.

Let us instead say you go for 1200 speed, and hey, that lets you swing more often, which means your pet gets more attacks. Which means if you take the path, get the 1:1 ratio on basic attacks, every turn in which you have two main phases you've essentially got a 1:2 ratio, which yes, is less than the 2:5 you'd get at the top of this BUT, it has bonuses for you as a character as well that will persist after your pets get killed. Plus it lets you pump your own base techs more, and gives you the freedom to smash those pet combination abilities.

So, yes, your 2:5 ratio at 120 does equate to 1200 stats equivalent, but it is worse than 1200 stats in every conceivable way.

But look, it's not our job to say you can't make things that are mechanically underwhelming, if that was the case half my stuff would never pass. So I can almost approve this as is, if you are content that this is the level of power you want.

You do you.

You add some weird stuff that should be in the description to the effects. Claws looking more primal is a description not an effect.

Growing spines and spikes is not mechanical so it too is a description.

Also with the degree of size growth you are looking for there is a mechanical equivalent for that, enlarged. I'd possibly look at a way to do that, else expect no mechanical benefits for the increased size.

Primal Abstraction RP Effect: Did you mean for this effect to be different instead of reducing travel by 25%? Also, this feels like a mechanical effect instead of rp. Which if you want it there fine, but do realize that having that line in rp effect does not influence any mechanics in combat and is only for rp purposes.

Edited by wolfnin

So the RP effect can be added into the description for Primal Abstraction. Since it's mostly just fluff, it doesn't need to be an effect. The same with Stature Abstraction. 

With those changed, I can stamp an approval. However, I'd like to propose something: 

I like this bloodline and the idea you presented is interesting, plus I see effects in there that you'd like to add. Which can be added. I'd like to propose a rough skeleton of how you can expand on this. It's mostly just ideas, that still need mechanics behind it. I'd be willing to help out though. That being said, it's a bit going away from just making your pet bigger and bigger and instead, using chakra to mutate your pet.

Example:

Bloodline Cost: 10% Activation/10% Upkeep Chakra

Primal Abstraction

Through the use of chakra make the pet have sharper claws, etc etc. 

Effect: Increase pet damage ratio. Two options: Require Savage Attacker, three ranks that lead up to 2:5 ratio or don't require savage attack, three ranks that lead up to a 3:5 ratio.

Cost: -2sp per rank

-Insert Name- Abstraction

Manipulation of chakra, gives the pet some kind of chakra coating.

Effect: If you wanted to do a pet element, you can maybe allow this for each rank to add a single higher tier element to pet basic attacks. If you'd like to continue using pet basic attacks as a base.

Stature Abstraction

Increase size

Effect: Use this to give enlarge on yourself and perhaps even boost the health of pets. 

--------

Of course, these are just idea, but I just wanted to show you what you could do in addition to just making this AS have a basic pet attack damage buff. 

You can reduce the activation cost and upkeep to 5% each. You can also do -2, -2, -1, -1.

Also for the travel abilities do this...

RP Effect: When traveling, if the total words required is equal to or less than half the user's Chakra, the user may reduce the travel post by 50%. In additional, the pet may role play flight.

As I said via DM, I'm moving this to dead as I'm cleaning custom up. That said, I think you're overpaying a lot in terms of both upkeep and skills points. All this does for battles is improve one specific type of Pet Action, and one you become less and less likely to use as you gain levels and access to more options to spend your Pet Actions on. You can get a lot more than that with what you're paying.

Anyway, if you wanna work on this later, I'll move it back. For now, this is off to dead.