PandaMattMatt

Pet Travel Abilities

Land Mount

Effect: This pet may be ridden. When riding this pet across land, reduce the number of words required by 5x%. Where x is the Tamer's Ninja Rank. This cannot stack with similar abilities.

Cooldown: Passive

Training Points: 15

Sky Mount

Effect: This pet may be ridden while flying. When riding this pet through the air, reduce the number of words required by 5x%. Where x is the Tamer's Ninja Rank. This cannot stack with similar abilities.

Restriction: Pet must be capable of flight naturally.

Sea Mount

Effect: This pet may be ridden in swimming. When riding this pet across water, reduce the number of words required by 5x%. Where x is the Tamer's Ninja Rank. This cannot stack with similar abilities.

Restriction: Pet must be aquatic or semi-aquatic in nature.

Edited by PandaMattMatt
  • Like 1

Notes

I really want the flavor of riding a pet in multiple terrains for the potential RP applications. So I decided to make pet abilities.

Land Mount: Probably the most widely applicable one. I thought about putting a restriction on size, but we've seen ways of making animals bigger. So, if necessary, I can slap a "must be enlarged" or something, but that really clutters up the ability and also would require a pet technique to go with it and then that would slow it all down and bleh. So I will if I must, but I don't wanna.

Sky Mount: Same as above, but specifically with flight. Added a restriction that the creature must be capable of flight naturally. Since we require all pets to be based on real animals, I don't see this as an issue. Flight is probably the most versatile of the three as you can fly over bodies of water and land just the same. But Again, I was going for flavor more than function.

Sea Mount: Yepp, just rounding out the possibilities. I want a shark pet or something of the sort which would be perfect for this and/or aquatic rescues should they be necessary and as my character is in Kiri it feels more common to me.

My advice? Add the line 'Restriction: Common sense applies to taking this ability'. It would make sense my terror bird could be ridden, and given the rough 50% leeway in size growth we allow for pets per the discussion around dist's dragon stuff, most pet sized animals could be mounted. But if someone is dead set on a blind cave salamander, well they're not riding that. 

But that addition isn't necessary, the onus is on the player to not be dumb about it. 

princessapproval.gif

My approval will stand if you add a restriction but maintain the mechanical effects of any/all of these abilities.

Edited by Princess