MrSako

One Piece Manga Discussion

This time skip is said to be the halfway point for this series. A series which has been my number one anime for years. And it has the third most chapters ever. I love this direction taken, and I can't wait to see how the straw hats have grown. It is going to be Legen..... Wait for it ...Dary!!!!

Oda hasn't given an official comment as far as I know about the length of the series. It is thought to be the halfway point because they are halfway through the Grand Line. Though of course, with the number of chapters, they could be 100-ish chapters off either way and this would still be called the "halfway" point.

I also love One Piece because it does not shy away from characters evolving and changing through the story. The characters are in motion, and time also seems to pass even without the timeskip I would argue that they have been at see longer than 2 years before the time skip occurred (See Coby).

I'm not as much of a One Piece guy as y'all are (Kubo Tite still has my heart, as far as the Big Three Shonen Manga go) but I'm definitely looking forward to this whole post-timeskip thing.

But I have to say - when shonen manga get so popular, they do tend to develop Cerebus Syndrome and some seriously glacial pacing. My favorite thing about Oda is that he's kept his pacing much more reasonable than most of the other big manga (I'm looking at you, Hajime no Ippo).

By the way, what the fuck happened to Yoshihiro Togashi? I loved Yuu Yuu Hakusho, and I loved Hunter X Hunter right up until the whole awful-schedule-slippage-and-major-art-degradation thing that happened with the Chimaera Ant Arc... The Greed Island Arc was so good!

I've never even looked at hunter X hunter is it good?

I can't wait until Luffy gains more allies, and really shows out. Him being trained by Riley And learning how to use the haki, is goin to make for a badass luffy, not to mention he's prolly improved his gears, and created amazing new gummy attacks!!!! Interested mostly in Sanji though, he and Zorro are my fanboy faves!

And I like One piece because even in the anime the fillers are short and quick, no matter how close they are to the manga. Also, every character has their personality and relavence, unlike bleach and Naruto, where really other than a handfull of the cast, the others are tossed aside, with us never really getting anything out of them.

Oda is a genius at character design and handling multiple characters throughout a story. You never feel that a character just "did nothing" or was forgotten, everyone always has their very important part to play. I love One Piece so much for that. /gush.

Hey now, how come the one piece discussion is devoid of all life? I can understand the naruto thread on a naruto RP board but if even the bleach thread is more active then something is horribly wrong. Bleach has been totally balls for ages and Naruto is consistently meh with the occasional flash of ehhhh?! One piece is AWESOME! What's wrong with you people!

I have to agree. One Piece is quite awesome. I love the character progression, and how powerful everyone has become, especially in Luffy's case. If this battle were happening in the open air, Luffy wouldn't even have broken a sweat.

Yeah, agreed! But the best thing about one piece is that is deals pretty well with the traditional "so i'm the central character and i've become so immensely powerful that you have to keep inventing ridiculous new bad guys/way's for me to kick ass then lose all my power then get it back again" syndrome. 650-odd chapters and you still kinda feel like luffy is gonna get it handed to him in the new world. Also, CANNOT wait to see Shanks and his crew properly come into it. He's definitely gonna kick the hell out of luffy at some point!