Rhapsody

More stuff.

Vital Spirit

Bloodline: None

Effect: When HP is at 30% or below, gain a 5% bonus to overall damage from techniques comprised solely of the skill taker's primary elemental specialty. Does not stack with other percentile bonuses to total damage.

Description: Some shinobi are able to turn their sense of desperation into power and churn out more effective techniques when under extreme duress.

Cost: -1

Defiant

Effect: Raise the Evasion stat by 10% for one turn after being hit by a technique comprised of the user's primary elemental specialty. This includes advanced tiers. Multiple hits wont incur a bigger bonus. Does not stack with other percentile bonuses to evasion.

Description: A natural bond with an element allows many ninja to turn even pain into a more effective use of their energy.

Cost: -2

Contrary

Effect: When any of the skilltaker's stats are lowered by an opponent, boost their main offensive stat by half of the total amount of the drop. If they have more then one main offensive stat, split the bonus evenly, rounding down if there are decimals. Boosted stats may no go over 1.5x

Description: Some Shinobi live life against the grain, existing in a state of pure defiance. Attempts to hinder these shinobi only seem to force them to redouble their efforts to come out on top.

Cost: -4; Chuunin Rank

Edited by Rhapsody
  • Like 1

Vital Spirit: All damage before mods.

Defiant seems like it needs to be turn limited, or raised to -2 or three. Does not affect techniques of more than one rank higher than the user's rank.

Contrary looks more like it'd be -4, at least to me. It's basically negating an opponent's entire ability to lower your stats. Raised offensive stats also cannot break the 1.5X rule in conjunction with other skills or this one.

Putting it down to before mods kind of defeats the purpose. It's only after they're in severe trouble, anyways, and it's a tiny bonus. 5% of 3k is 150. I'd hardly call that game breaking. ):

defiant already has a turn limit. it's 1.

contrary i changed.

Vital Spirit: I'm just going with what all damage adders are ruled to do, and what I've seen on other defense boosting things. Another mod can feel free to disagree and I might back off on that one.

Defiant: I meant a number of turns per battle. 'This skill may be used twice per battle' type of thing. Failing that needs to be raised to -2 or -3.

Contrary: Okay.

Edited by Warr

I don't like contrary, because while it still does inherit the rules for stat changes, you're paying no chakra for a stat boost. I'm assuming this works as long as the turn duration of the stat drop is in effect. It would be much more fair friendsly if it were half of the stat losses are gained in the offensive.

Vital Spirit: Does not stack with other percentile bonuses to total damage.

Defiant: Does not stack with other percentile bonuses.

Contrary: Flavor-wise, should only work on stat reduction from opponents. If you lower your own stats you shouldn't get higher offense. Also, I feel like this should be called Defiant, it seems to fit the flavor more.