Eechi-go

XCOM: Enemy Unknown - NA Style:.

So I just bought a new copy of XCOM for my PC and decided I wanted to do a run with NA people. SO. I'll be using this thread to chronicle the playthrough to keep a report of who lives, who dies, who becomes psychic, ect.

So if you guys want to be IN IT TO WIN IT, post in this thread and say what class you want to be. Choices are Heavy, Assault, Medic, and Sniper. And if you don't give a fuck about class, just say you don't give a fuck.

Current NA Squaddies;

Me [Pisonic/Assault/64 Kills/32 Missions]

CD [Heavy/55 Kills/30 Missions]

PMM [support/29 Kills/29 Missions]

Rhapsody [sniper/6 Kills/7 Missions]

Wolfnin [support/26 Kills/15 Missions]

Major [sniper/53 Kills/29 Missions] KIA

Azure [Heavy/27 Kills/18 Missions]

Rhap Sodos [support/21 Kills/17 Missions] KIA

Cntr [Assault/11Kills/8 Missions] KIA

Leon [sniper/42 Kills/19 MIssions]

Michiru [Psionic/Heavy/2 Kills/1 Mission]

Cloudnine [Psionic/Support/5 Kills/4 Missions]

Blackrose [sniper/8 Kills/5 Missions]

More will be added when I get more soldiers. And hopefully pictures as well.

EDIT; Got some pictures up. The customization in this game isn't spectacular, so trust me, I didn't try too hard to make you look similar to yourselves. :P

EDIT 2; For people who don't know what XCOM is, it's basically a turn-based strategy game where you control a squad of soldiers from something known as the 'XCOM project', fending off an alien invasion while also managing a base. The game is brutally hard and deaths are to be expected. Prepare your anuses.

Edited by Eechi-go

Updated the first post with a list of everyone I've made thus far. Some people have less missions than others because they need to be found and promoted before they become useful.

No deaths yet! Which is pretty surprising. I think the closest calls we've had were Cntr and Rhap Sodos. Both took bolts of plasma to the face.

EDIT; We're also approaching a panic mission, which SHOULD be called a sodomy mission. Sadly, half of staff is currently injured.

CD, Major, PMM, Wolfnin and Leon, it's up to you. Please don't die.

The squad;

luKoS.jpg

Edited by Eechi-go

UPDATE; Congrats, you guys saved the city without any casualties.

However, a few missions later, Captain Cntr failed to stun an alien and it proceeded to vaporize him. Sadly the first of the NAers to go.

gteBm.jpg

A moment of silence for the fallen.

Vgx7u.png

• Like 1

Update! Linked everyone's characters to their names in the OP. Yeah, I didnt try very hard to make anyone look similar.

Also, no one has died since Tony, god bless his soul. In addition, we managed to capture the alien that killed him and are now torturing the ever living shit out of it.

uCLYV.jpg

Suicide mission time. Squad comprised of me, CD, Major, Leon, PMM, and Megan. The rest of you...are waiting back in the base to hear that we all got butchered. Chances are the game could end here if this doesn't go well and the rest of you can't pick up the slack.

y310N.jpg

7ywEZ.jpg

6zxUZ.jpg

GREAT SUCCESS

Mission accomplished with zero casualties (although everyone will be in the hospital for at least 9 days)! Not only that, we managed to capture the alien commander who was able to panic and mind control our soldiers, which will open up the door for our psionics training. Here are just a few golden moments throughout this long mission;

CD Wrecking Shit;  In what should have been his last stand against a platoon of ridiculously angry berserkers, CD managed to not only survive the assault, but also was able to kill quite a few and greatly damage the rest with a rocket launcher shot.

PandaMattMatt's Sacrifice; Though CD indeed fucked shit up, he was still left vulnerable at the hands of the berserkers he wasn't able to kill with his rocket launcher. Out of medpacks and completely unable to heal CD, PMM ran in the way of the berserker and took a full-on beatdown and lived to tell the tale.

Mindfuck; After finally making it to the final room with the Sectoid Commander, Major was quickly mind controlled while standing atop a sniper's perch. He was able to hit just about everyone on the team from where he was, AND he'd get a bonus for being on a higher elevation. It looked like this was going to be the end...

Leon's Mad Skills; ...but thankfully, Leon was able to shoot Major's sniper rifle out of his hand to keep him from doing something we'd all regret. He only had a 45% chance to do it too. Saved. Our. Asses.

The Final Hurdle; Despite being mindfucked, panicked, wounded, beaten and bloodied, we managed to bum rush the Commander and stun him, allowing us to bring him back to the base so we could interrogate him and learn how to use psionics.

All in all, a surprisingly kick-ass mission. Now hopefully the rest of you will be able to do some clean up now that we're all in the hospital.

• Like 1

It can't be all good news, however. Apparently we REALLY pissed off the aliens to the point where they made a gigantic mech to stop us. We weren't at our full strength, with me, PMM and wolfnin in psionics training, so we were forced to go in with only one healer.

Unfortunately, Megan died on this mission, having saved both Azure and CD's life, using all of her medpacks to save them. She sadly bled out before we were able to finish off the rest of the aliens, but without her it would have been three people dead instead.

The Aftermath

Never Forget

Well now I actually feel bad for being mind controlled. Even though that wasn't me.

IT'S ALL MY FAULT. DAMN ALIENS. FRENCHIE, I'M SORRY.

On a more serious note this would be fun to rp out.

Edited by Major

Well now I actually feel bad for being mind controlled. Even though that wasn't me.

IT'S ALL MY FAULT. DAMN ALIENS. FRENCHIE, I'M SORRY.

On a more serious note this would be fun to rp out.

^ Rping this sounds epic lol. We should write short bios for all these characters lol. 

UPDATE; We've got some good news and some bad news today.

GOOD NEWS

Our New Ride; We've busted up enough alien ships to actually put together a version of our own. We're going to need this thing to fend off motherships.

Development of Skeleton Armor; We've developed three new sets of armor. The first is a 'skeleton suit' that has a grappling hook that can be fired out of the wrist. This is to give our snipers a higher elevation in battle.

Development of Archangel Armor; The second new set of armor developed. Take one look at it and you know what it can do. We can now rain death from above like total badasses.

Development of Titan Armor; The last set of armor developed. This 'titan' armor is the heaviest set we have, and allows it's wearers to become completely immune to fire damage and poison. Only a few of us will be wearing this armor because of how expensive it is.

Psionic Testing Complete; Finally, everyone listed on the front page has been tested in the psionic training area...

BAD NEWS

Psionic Testing Results; Sadly, despite putting just about everyone in the training area, we haven't had too many successes. Minus me and Michiru (who just happened to succeed despite being made recently), we've had no other gifted soldiers. And while you may be thinking 'stfu, you get to be a badass psychic'- you're right, but the game can't be won without a psionic in the endgame. If both of us dies, we can't win by default, and so we have to be very, very careful with our gifted soldiers.

Council Members Lost; Despite all our best advancements, this game is a war of attrition. The longer the battle goes on, the more countries increase in panic. the XCOM project is funded by all of these countries, and when they feel neglected they can opt to abandon the project and take their funding with them. If we lose 8 council members, the game is over. We've lost America, India, and Australia. The USA is the biggest hit, since they gave us the most money out of any other nation.

Apocalypse Now; It looks like the aliens are beginning to engulf nations whole with all of their new reinforcements. It's only a matter of time before the whole world looks like this.

Edited by Eechi-go
  • Like 1

UPDATE 2; I wasn't expecting on double posting today, but we've had some more...events take place.

GOOD NEWS

Development of Ghost Armor; Shortly after our newest armor developments, we gained the funds to put together this stealth armor that allows the user to turn invisible while in cover. This will be given to our medics so they can get in and out of shitty situations.

New Psionic Blood; I started making more NA members to add to the fold, such as Cloudnine and Blackrose. Luckily enough, Cloudnine turned out to be a Psionic, giving us just a little more leeway in terms of how careful we have to be.

REALLY SHITTY NEWS

A Death in the Family; This death...caught me off-guard. Sadly Major perished a quick and decisive death after getting flanked and shot in the head. He was perched atop a truck and was utterly decimating the poor bastards at the end of the map, but he just didn't have enough cover to protect himself from the onslaught when they discovered him. Major was probably one of our most experienced soldiers right alongside CD, so seeing him go is somewhat saddening. He was our best sniper, and hopefully the rest of the snipers can follow in his footsteps. In addition, Leon inherited his sniper rifle.

Senseless Death; The worst part about all this is the fact that France immediately backed out of the XCOM project following this mission. Still, it's a miracle we've survived for 8 months in game and only had three deaths. That's an accomplishment in it's own right.

We are apparently doing better than I ever could expect.

We managed to track down a cloaked alien vessel that was hiding something incredibly powerful from us. On-board, we found a strange spherical device and a psionic alien we had never encountered yet. Of course, since we're all fucking weathered vets, it didn't really stand much of a chance against us, and we managed to capture it and drag it home.

The Ethereal Device

The Ethereal

Despite this great victory, we were promptly shat on by the alien forces literally warping their main mother-ship to earth and began mounting it's full scale invasion. But there is hope. The device we managed to capture will somehow grant us access to lead an assault on the mothership. However, it requires a psionic soldier to volunteer themselves to use the device. Though Cloudnine and Michiru are both psionics, they haven't gotten strong enough before this invasion began, so it's really up to my character to volunteer, because the other two will likely not make it.

And so it comes to this.

Once he uses the device, there is no turning back. We either destroy this mothership and win the war, or we lose and the entire planet dies. The chances of anyone surviving the final mission is...slim, but we all knew the risks. Who will join me in this final push?