PandaMattMatt

PokeNinjas!?

So, I was thinking about it and what pokemon would you have if you're NA characters were Pokemon Trainers? I think everyone has their favorites, but if you were to get into the mindset of your pokemon, I'm curious to think what pokemon would start appearing. Also, fair warning, I am not a metagamer at all and I do not know anything about competitive pokemon

Junsei

282.png
Ralts -> Kirlia -> Gardevoir
Ability: Trace
Moveset: Psychic | Sunny Day | Hypnosis | Dream Eater
Why: Gardevoir according to Pokedex entries are increibly loyal to their trainers and even go so far as to give their lives protecting them. With Junsei having a very similar mentality, these two are very similar. I know I know, not a grass type. However, you can see it has Sunny Day... wonder what that's for. Also, Hypnosis and Dream Eater gives it some self healing options. 

346.png
Lileep -> Cradily
Ability: Storm Drain
Moveset: Stockpile | Ingrain | Toxic | Giga Drain
Why: Being a Rock/Grass Type and Junsei being a Plant expert with an Earth Primary Specialty, these two match up nicely. With Cradily's high defensive options, having Ingrain and Stockpile is a good combo while Toxic showcases the more poisonous aspect of Junsei's offense. Also, since Junsei has a secondary specialty of Water, Cradily having Storm Drain is a great asset. Drawing in and nulling offensive water attacks and increasing special defense. Junsei would have likely have found these in Arrakis [Assuming a living specimen and not a fossil]

003-m.png
Bulbasaur -> Ivysaur -> Venusaur -> Mega-Venusaur
Ability: Chlorophyll [Thick Fat]
Moveset: Solar Beam | Sludge Bomb | Sunny Day | Leech Seed
Why: Let's face it, Venusaur is just awesome. In my mind, the Grass/Poison typing is exactly what Junsei is, except Venusaur is an offensive version instead of a support/defensive version. Solar Beam 4 lyfe. With Gardevoir being able to set that up previously, it would trigger Venusaur's Chlorophyll ability and if Gardevoir couldn't, Venusaur can do it himself. Also, Leech Seed.

330.png
Trapinch -> Vibrava -> Flygon
Ability: Levitate
Moveset: Sandstorm | Solar Beam | Roost | Dragon Claw
Why: When we first met Trapinch in Gen 3 it was in a desert and to this day, Flygon has been associated with the desert. Junsei is form Suna where creatures like Flygon would actually be quite easy to find. With it's high speed, ability to creates and navigate Sandstorms, Solar Beam and Roost, this guy can pack a punch. Roost also allows him to heal himself nicely.

423.png
Shellos -> Gastrodon
Ability: Storm Drain
Moveset: Dig | Surf | Rain Dance | Recover
Why: A botanist's best friend. With a dual typing of ground and water, it matches up with Junsei's affinities very well. It is also ideal for helping to grow the plants and crops sold in Suna. Since it is suited for both the land and sea, it provides a valuable way to travel over ocean distances. Found likely in Arrakis or some other coastal region of Suna.

212.png
Scyther -> Scizor
Ability: Technician
Moveset: Silver Wind | Roost | Iron Defense | Bullet Punch
Why: Another bug well suited for Suna's climate. As a Scyther, it stayed close to the border between Suna and Konoha where bugs thrive in the warm forest climate. However, upon evolving to a Scizor, it was able to withstand the pounding sandstorms of the Suna deserts. It's speed and durability are values that Junsei himself invests in.

Edited by PandaMattMatt

I'm not fancy and wont have your sprites and stuff, buuuut (not thinking of building rounded teams or anything, just based on personality and fighting traits):

Kouta:

-- Steelix

------- Rock/Steel, very powerful pokemon with a lot of Sandstorm capability, very Kouta-esque.

-- Flygon

------- Ground/Dragon. Fast and versatile, like Kouta's hybrid kit.

-- Heracross

------- Bug/Fighting. A beetle is very likely to survive the desert, and the fighting roots tie it back to Kouta's martial arts.

-- Lucario

-------- Fighting/Steel. Lucario has lots of aura and inner power moves, similar to the 8 Gates, and is the most "martial artisty" of the set.

-- Nidoking

-------- Poison/Ground. Big, strong, and ornery, Nidoking is a lot of Kouta's rage and wrathiness, his eagerness to get in people's face.

-- Zigzagoon

-------- Kouta had a pet before they took them away. His pet was a raccoon. Pure throwback.

✬ Uchiha Saki 

Notes; These were chosen partially with "What would Saki use?" and "What best represents Saki?" both in mind.

235.png

Smeargle

Ability: Moody

Moveset: Sticky Web | Stealth Rock | Spore | Magic Coat

Why: I mean... duh? Can't get much more obvious than this one. Moody was chosen over the better "Own Tempo" because it'd be just Saki's luck to capture another moody painter. Move-set was chosen mostly to support others on the list.

151.png

Mew

Ability: Synchronize

Moveset: Metronome | Defog | Soft-Boiled | Will'o'Wisp

Why: Saki would choose Mew for its versatility and ability to pick up any TM, plus it's goddamn adorable. So far, theme of pink! OOCly, Mew was chosen because I felt it was a Pokemon that best reflected the Sharingan Copy aspect of Saki. Its moveset was chosen based mostly on utility, with Metronome being chosen just 'cause Saki would like the random-factor involved in its use.

303-m.png

Mawile -> Mega-Mawile

Ability: Hyper Cutter -> Huge Power

Moveset: Iron Head | Baton Pass | Sucker Punch | Play Rough

Why: An excellent mixture of "cute and cool". This would be Saki's "My little monster!" pick and would probably be her favorite to use. It's incredibly thick, has many resistances, and possesses the highest attack stat in the game while in Mega form. It's primary weakness is Fire, which I found appropriate because Saki's biggest weakness is often herself.

104.png

Cubone

Ability: Lightning Rod

Moveset: Bonemerang | Substitute | Retaliate | Knock Off

Why: Saki would feel a particular kinship with this Pokemon because she continually beats herself up for being at fault for her mother's death. She'd probably baby the fuck out of Cubone and would use it in every fight that didn't immediately call for Mawile.

392.png

Chimchar -> Monferno -> Infernape

Ability: Iron Fist

Moveset: Fire Punch | Thunder Punch | Close Combat | Mach Punch

Why: This pokemon is basically Konoha in a pokemon. Saki would pick it because 1. It looks cool, 2. It's Fire, and 3. It's punchy. It's not an ideal sweeper, but it has a versatile <enough> moveset to get the job done. 

706.png

Goomy -> Sliggoo -> Goodra

Ability: Gooey

Moveset: Draco Meteor | Fire Blast | Muddy Water | Toxic

Why: Saki needed a dragon, and when I was scrolling through the list... Goodra just stood out like as a shining gem. It's one of the most unique dragons, it's adorable, it's pretty strong, and most importantly... would be infinitely useful for sliming the heck out of Yatako's office.

Edited by Hardcore Skittlez

Doragon Tenma

*I only picked four since she still has a lot of growing to do as a young shinobi, so she probably wouldn't have a full party just yet.

158.png

Totodile

Ability: Torrent

Moveset: Leer | Water Gun | Bite | Ice Fang

Why: A playful water lizard for a childishly playful water shinobi. 

443.png

Gible

Ability: Rough Skin

Moveset: Sand Attack | Tackle | Dragon Rage | Dragon Breath

Why: She has a fascination with aquatic predators, but also for the mass of determination and spunk in such a small package.

264.png

Zigzagoon -> Linoone

Ability: Pickup

Moveset: Headbutt | Charm | Tail Whip | Fury Swipes

Why: Tenma likes to run around exploring and learning new things, so sometimes picking things up and inspecting them is just something you gotta do.

133.png

Eevee

Ability: Anticipation

Moveset: Baby-Doll Eyes | Swift | Refresh | Quick Attack

Why: Tenma has a lot of growing to do as a shinobi, just like eevee and its many evolution paths. Plus it's cute.

Edited by Draiko

Hagemasu Kikuya

634.png336.png510.png691.png571.png620.png

Zweilous | Seviper | Liepard | Dragalge | Zoroark | Mienshao

Tried to keep a purple and black theme here. If Kikuya and Karuna was a Pokemon, they'd definitely be Zweilous. Kikuya felt like a poison/dark type, so I picked accordingly. She's a gen/tai expert to the poison types represent the status effects she puts on opponents, Zoroark is also a pretty master illusionist, and the other Pokes... uh they have high attack or something. Seviper because serpent style (hee hee).  Liepard and Zoroark have Night Slash, since Kikuya's critical-dependent for decent damage. Mienshao's just in there to look purdy like Kikuya. No mega evolution since none of her advanced systems give her direct stats boosts, just additional utility.

Aburame Hounoki

257.png542.png416.png637.png242.png181-m.png

Blaziken | Leavanny | Vespiquen | Volcarona | Blissey | Mega Ampharos

I'd imagine Hounoki as a fire/fighting type. Picked a few bugs that are pretty self-explanatory. Volcarona because Larvesta's useless for a long time... and that's the same with Hounoki until she gets combat medic. Not too sure why, but my Leavanny in-game is named Hounoki. Blissey's a must, since Hounoki's an HP stacker. Included Ampharos since her primary elemental specialty is lightning, and every team needs a dragon type. 

Haramatsu Korin

407.png586-a.png547.png531.png162.png334-m.png

Roserade | Sawsbuck | Whimsicott | Audino | Furret | Mega Altaria

Korin was kind of a grass/normal type. Roserade has a bit of what Korin's kit was- status effects via genjutsu and some decent healing. Furret's in there just for fun- Yuzu's an NPC mongoose from an unmade summon family that tries (and is still trying) to be Korin's right hand mongoose. Mega Altaria because every team needs a dragon, and Altaria itself is pretty versatile but lacking on the offensive, and has natural cure and roost.

Furousha Rokuro

667.png

Litleo

No full team yet for Rho, he's just begun his adventure! One day he'll be brave and strong enough to be Pyroar and gain some friends along the way.

Edited by Cloudnine

Honda Kitakaze

448.png149.png160.png087.png471.png208.png

Lucario / Dragonite / Feraligatr / Dewgong / Glaceon / Steelix

Kitakaze would have fighting, water and ice types plus an obligatory dragon. I had a hard time picking out Pokemon for Kita as there aren't really any that stick out to me as "her" like with Koza, who is such a Gengar. Steelix is there as a call out to Tsuchi no Kuni, her home. Her main brawler would probably be Lucario, while her "companion" Pokemon is probably Glaceon.

Oshiro Kozakura

229.png715.png094-m.png697.png

Houndoom / Noibat / Mega Gengar / Tyrantrum

Koza goes with a  dark/ghost theme, mostly things that are scary or tough. I thought about giving her Persian for the "money" theme but she isn't really "into" money... girl is just rich. She's definitely the type that focuses more on quality than quantity, so she would have a few strong Pokemon that she spent quite a wile training rather than have the full six. Tyrantrum is definitely her muscle, while Houndoom is there to basically serve as her Mr. Bigglesworth, so she can pet him menacingly as she speaks.

Aburame Shiina

416.png 214.png 469.png 015-m.png 649.png 484.png

Vespiquien | Heracross | Yanmega | Mega Beedrill | Genesect | Palkia

Like other Aburame, Shiina would lead with Vespiquien for its ability to deploy swarms of small insects. Yanmega, Heracross and Shiina's ace Mega Beedrill form the core of his team, reflecting his various summon contracts and versatility. Genesect retains its insect typing, its artificial background a match for Shiina's keen intellect and drive to unravel the secrets of the summon's home plane. Finally Palkia acts as Shiina's final form, displaying mastery over the concept of space itself in battle.

Nakayama Madoka

625.png 295.png 475.png 715.png 448-m.png 145.png

Bisharp | Exploud | Gallade | Noivern | Mega Lucario | Zapdos

Madoka's team is built around her proficiency for blades and sound. Sound is filled with Noivern and Exploud. Noivern also reflects Madoka's primary Wind Affinity, while Exploud's Soundproof is indicative of her mastery over her own element. Bisharp and Gallade cover Madoka's preference for close combat, while Lucario with its inner Aura reflects her mastery of the Eight Gates. Finally, Zapdos matches Madoka's Wind and Lightning natures and also reflects her speed and raw power. 

Zandoran Kiyoshi

306-m.png 485.png 126.png 530.png 693.png
Mega Aggron | Heatran | Magmar Excadrill | Clawitzer

Kiyoshi's team favours durability, burn and resistance above all else. Mega Aggron was an easy choice for his Ace, Heatran a close second due to its Fire/Steel typing. Magmar's firebreathing was a good fit for Kiyoshi's sealless fire abilities, while Excadrill covers hi proficiency of Earth. Finally, Clawitzer reflects his long-range Ninjutsu focus and his home village of Kirigakure.

Sasageru Kagura

250.png solgaleo_by_siraquakip-da24u3b.png 196.png555-d.png028.png
Ho-oh | Solgaleo | Espeon Zen Darmanitan | Sandslash

Mirroring her faith, Kagura's team is based around the sun. Divine pokemon Ho-oh and Solgaleo represent heavenly flames surpassing all others, ever her own. Espeon is Kagura's starter and favourite pokemon, both for its special attacking prowess and for its compassion and eternal devotion to its trainer. Zen Darmanitan follows as both a Fire pokemon and a pokemon at peace with itself, overcoming its reckless aggression in favour of  balanced life. Finally, Sandslash reflects Kagura's home, deep in the desert where even beauty must have function.