Toroi21

Pill Popper Skills

Qo7PGpC.gif

Supplemental Medicine

Your knowledge of pills and medicines saves lives, and you typically find it easier to treat patients in this manner than most medics. 

Effect: Once per battle, per rank in this skill this character may 1 use Medicinal Consumable in the Setup Phase as a free action.

Restrictions: Path of the Advanced Medic; Medical Training Rank II

Ranks: 2

Cost: -1 SP

Edited by Toroi21

Alright: First One, UUUUHHH, I would rather see something like:

"Once per battle, [per rank in this skill] this character may 1 use Medicinal Consumable in the Setup Phase as a free action."

This is really what it seems like you're aiming for and still let's you use 2 Medicinal Consumables in the setup phase. With the above wording, I would charge -1 sp if you ignore the bracketed words, but if you want to add a second rank, I would use the wording in the brackets.

Keep Path of Medic requirement, drop the others. Being able to make medicines has literally no bearing on how many you can chow down on. If you want it tied to a stronger requirement, make it a higher rank of Medical Training (rank 2 or 3?). I honestly think just Path of Medic is fine.

Second: This name makes literally no sense. None of the medicines have a "downside" per say, we just slap a limit on there for balance and to keep non-medics from using every setup phase to heal. However, I could see this being the Medic's version of a "Scroll Arts" so let's call it "Kampō Arts"? This absolutely requires a Path of Medic restriction too. And let's change the wording to be

"The per battle use limit of Main Site Medicinal Consumables is increased by 1x, where x is equal to the number of ranks owned in this skill."

Yes this limits the skill to main site medicinal items, but I think that is Far more balanced as we do not have to worry about custom creations being broken by this skill.

Edited by PandaMattMatt

Oh wait . . . that is the same skill! Your skill is fine, I just didn't know it already existed. Sorry bout that Rhap! 

Notes:

• Because it already exists as Opportunist, Kampo Arts is removed entirely
  • 14 hours ago, PandaMattMatt said:

I think these look fine. However since I had a heavy hand in altering them and more importantly because I might want to use them... I have to abstain from approving.

• This Opens up the First skill for approval of other staff members. :)