Guest Fat no Jutsu

Fnj's Riddle Thread!

Guest Fat no Jutsu

No rewards; it's all in fun & games.

There is a man lying in a puddle of water, dead. His jugular was sliced open, but no weapons were found. How did he die?

Edited by Fat no Jutsu

Jake's right, but eventually, you'd hit a wall. Assuming that it's somewhat of a "square spiral" set of stairs. And of course if your body was pushed with enough force to get you to a wall.

But you'd fall against the air and promptly crack your back or your head on the stairs or the floor. That's if you were pushed straight backwards. If it (the force applied to your body) was at an angle, then you'd hit the railing.

I have one!

It was the major league world series. The score was 5-8 with the 5 team at bat. There were two outs, and the man at bat had 2 strikes and 1 ball against him. The bases, however, were loaded. A grand slam could win them the game. With all the wives and fans cheering in the stands, the pitch throws the ball, a perfect strike if it is not hit. The bat connects with the ball, smashing it out of the park for a grand slam! The team scores the runs and the team wins the game with a score of 9-8...but! Not a single man crossed home plate...how could that be?

NOTES & HINTS:

-All of the players were male.

-All of them DID cross home plate

Simple.

If you hit a homerun or grandslam, it isn't neccisary to cross the home plate, because the ball was out of the field. Would you have a group of people run and jump over a fence to get a ball, if, regardless of how fast they got it, the other team still scored?

In other words...

Regardless of if the other team got the ball again, the hitting team would have already scored that bout.

Guest Fat no Jutsu

Back to me.

@Hakkai: That's why they're riddles and not science problems.

Think of words ending in -GRY. Angry and hungry are two of them. There are only three words in the English language. What is the third word? The word is something that everyone uses every day. If you have listened carefully, I have already told you what it is.

language. Idiot...

This puzzle has circulated widely on the Internet for some

years, but usually in an abbreviated form such as "Name three

common English words ending in 'gry'", which has no good third

answer.

Edited by Cho Hakkai

I have one...

A husband and wife is out for a road trip out of town. As they were driving, their car runs out of gas. A gas station wasn't around for miles, but the husband decides to try to walk to the nearest gas station to get gas anyways, but if he didn't they'ed be stranded. He tells his wife to stay and look after the car and keep the doors locked. When he returns he finds that his wife is dead and theres a stranger in the car. The car doors are still locked. What happened?

(Note: There are no broken windows or anything.)

Edited by Tengu

Ok, first off, no, you're wrong on my riddle. The NOTES section told you they did in fact cross home plate...yet not a single man crossed home plate. Its gots nothing to do with score...

But yes, if they never cross home plate, they are still able to be tagged by someone who returns with the ball...you think way too much into this...and looking at the wrong angle too.

-----

Now for riddle. I think that the man came and said he was from gas station to fix car, and would need to come in for some reason, so she let him in, after which he killed her.

OR

She thought the guy was the husband from afar, so she unlockd the door, which he entered and killed her.

Edited by Kouta

There is a man lying in a puddle of water, dead. His jugular was sliced open, but no weapons were found. How did he die?

He was killed by an icicle. Sure, it would have to be one hell of a sharp icicle, but it would make the perfect murder weapon since it would melt in the sun.

It was the major league world series. The score was 5-8 with the 5 team at bat. There were two outs, and the man at bat had 2 strikes and 1 ball against him. The bases, however, were loaded. A grand slam could win them the game. With all the wives and fans cheering in the stands, the pitch throws the ball, a perfect strike if it is not hit. The bat connects with the ball, smashing it out of the park for a grand slam! The team scores the runs and the team wins the game with a score of 9-8...but! Not a single man crossed home plate...how could that be?

NOTES & HINTS:

-All of the players were male.

-All of them DID cross home plate

This might be a real stupid answer but; all the players that crossed home plate were married, thus they would no longer be 'single men'.

Edited by XvMaelstromvX

Guest Tatsumaki
I have one...

A husband and wife is out for a road trip out of town. As they were driving, their car runs out of gas. A gas station wasn't around for miles, but the husband decides to try to walk to the nearest gas station to get gas anyways, but if he didn't they'ed be stranded. He tells his wife to stay and look after the car and keep the doors locked. When he returns he finds that his wife is dead and theres a stranger in the car. The car doors are still locked. What happened?

(Note: There are no broken windows or anything.)

Oh! Oh! I know what happened!! The straner was drunk the night before when the couple came back from shopping and while the last of the groceries were being put in the house he hopped in the trunk and accidently shut the lid on himself, locking him inside the trunk. Well, they go on their trip and the guy finally gets off his beer buzz and figures out where he was and how to get out. That's when he opens the latch that leads to the back seat and the wife sees him.

She yells "Bloody murder!!" And tries to defend herself while he's just trying to find out how the heck he ended up in the back of their car.

Long story short, she grabs a pen from the floor of the car and tries to stab him when he over powers her and she stabs herself.

(I know that's far from being right, but it's still fun to guess! ^ ^)

Nope haha. Noone else could have been in a car before because the husband and wife would have known. (Unless the guy was a ninja.)

Hint: Think of the importance of them being husband and wife.