Sora Sol

Help With Teen Sex Article.

Hey guys.

I'm currently working with my group on the school newspaper. And like any High School newspaper, we wish to do an article on teen sex, pregnany, abortion, and all of the other aspects of life after pregnency, or worse, abortion and/or miscarriage.

I hope you guys can give me some good A+ stuff, and I'm looking foward to it.

Thanks a bunch!

Just run the same drivel about teen pregnancy and STIs ruining lives that everyone else does, it'll get ignored just as much.

I'm not saying teen sex is good, but all the things you hear from 'authorities' tend to leave out the facts that put it in a good light. Just remember, the new generation isn't the only one that faced this issue and gave in. And my generation is mostly running the world okay.

Thank you very much for that. It's just that, I'm not very good at reaserching this type of stuff. i just wish to see how many of you out there have ever or have known a person who was sexually active and how it may have changed your or their life, for better or for worse. I'm trying to get both sides of the story so, whatever you feel helps whichever side of the argument works.

So, like I said: Things you read, things that happened to you or a friend, whatever is fine. :D

Well I guess my pyschology class was talking about it. We discussed what we thought was the right age, or if there should be an age. A lot of teens seem to think more about their comfort level with their partner more then time limits of how long they've known each other. The 26 girls in the class all had shorter waiting times then the boys oddly enough.

I've also had some personal difficulty with this topic. My girlfriend of 9 months and I have started to get more serious and we talk about this a lot. You should add in your paper that it affects everyone, all teen relationships think about it (or actually do it).

Uh.

Hang on.

You're logging onto a role-playing website, based on a children's show, and asking about the members' sex lives.

At a guess? Most of the sexual partners of the board members are named "Lefty" or "Righty".

Just savin' you some time.

I always find it funny when adults - most of them who are having sex - tell teens not to do it.. As long as a teenager takes proper precautions, then, by all means, go ahead.

(So, I agree with MD when he says 'fun That.' Although this could be my horny British side talking. The teen pregnancy rate is high for a reason! D:)

Teens are emotional unstable at their age to handle sex. Physically they can do it, but for many of them, emotionally they are not ready. + Old say, "I've never met a girl that said 'I wish I had sex earlier'" +Seven worries when people have sex too early, might lead to mental problems later. Hypersexuality much? Also I find that many couples break up after sex at a young age, usually it goes, "Hey lets have sex again!" or "No more sex." something liek that, teens aren't ready.

I think around early 20s is a more or less ideal age.

If you want you msg me and I'll write you a somewhat comprehensive guide to teen sexuality + behavior (The whys and such), from a teenager's viewpoint of course.

Edit: Would Seven have sex if given the opportunity? Most likely no, but highly depending on the girl and mine's relationship.

Edited by Seven

I reiterate: Should you? No. Hell, I shouldn't have premarital sex, in the interests of health. Do I? Hell yes. Do teens? Hell yes. The health concerns for premarital sex at any age are quite valid. They just aren't enough to stop ANYONE from doing it. Certainly weren't enough to stop me the first time, 20-odd years ago.

Wow! I'm thought this thread was going to get lost! Wow, thanks for all your responses!

Not to sound to nosey, but how many of you (or people you knew) actually made serious planning of the "event"? As in, did you and your partner ever check for STD's or went to Planned Parenthood or whatever it's called, or did it "just happen"?

Well for me it just kinda happened... lol. It only lasted like 10 seconds anyway before I stopped myself from doing something that was idiotic. However, afterwards we talked and we sorta planned it. We want to wait a few more months and find a more 'romantic spot'

My schools be really pushing this on us lately, we even had a 2 hour assembly on this with a guy all the way from SanDiego talking to us about chastity and we talked about it in all of religion class today.

What is your opinion on it, should kids have sex before marriage or should they wait?