Leon

Ideal World Drawings

NOW ACCEPTING REQUESTS!

(I prefer to only work on 3 requests at any given time, but im sure that won't be a problem from y'all tongue.gif Hope y'all enjoy the work my portfolio is below ;])

So i've been posting these drawings for a little while, and now have them organized pretty well. Got a little index for y'all now. Below the index if you click on the spoiler it will reveal all the links. Helps condense space. Below that spoiler will be my most current drawing before it gets put into the index! Have fun guys!

INDEX:

Uzumi Ren (4 Drawings)

Alchem Syaoran (2 Drawings)

Kohashi Shouga (1 Drawing)

Namikaze 'Raz' Rasen (1 Drawing)

Shiro Variants (2 Drawings)

Sarutobi Shin (1 Drawing)

The Sound Three (2 Drawins)

Lilina (3 Drawings)

Uzumi, Ren

Ren (Rough Draft)

Ren (Festival Variant)

Adult Ren

Adult Ren (Color)

Ren 1: I drew my character first, wondering what he would look like if i made him look more mature than I originally made him. I was pelased with the result, but I still have to go back and edit him. Since I took this picture with my phone at an angle it looks like the top is larger than the bottom. I cannot wait until I get to a scanner so I can get a flat image and get those lines from the notebook paper. I also want to ink him so I can color. Can't wait to get paid for that.

Ren 2: I was really pleased with this new approach I took on drawing Ren. While the previous drawing showed a more serious Ren that had matured, I feel like this particular Ren captured his youthfulness along with illustrating his unique style. I enjoyed drawing him, and the influences I drew from helped me give him a uniquely bold feeling.

Ren 3: Got bored today and decided to draw this. I started to ink it as you can see at some of the definition points, but other than that im really satisfied with this drawing. I wanted to illustrate an older more worn out Ren. Its what I imagine him as when he has been through a war or two. Anyways that is that. Give me some work to do if you want I need to keep drawing lol.

Overall Picture Rating: B+

Alchem, Syaoran

Syaoran 1 (Rough Draft)

Syaoran 1 (Ink)

Syaoran 2 (ink)

The second was Alchem Syaoran, and honestly I really like it. I used some designs I saw on Deviant and mashed them together to form the body and style of the character in general. I imagined a neo form of kage when I drew his jacket, and it turned out pretty well I thought. It shows how the kage uniform has changed as 100 years pass. I had to look at a bunch of drawings of Syaoran to get his clothing right, and as I told Cntr I cannot wait to get this bad boy in the scanner and get him colored. I was really pleased with this drawing, but as 1q said he looks a little smug haha. I agree with the statement haha

Syaoran 2: I went back and gave Syaoran a skinny longer appearance. I personally like this one better than Syaoran 1 just because the lack of bulkiness. Unfortunately the main stopping point is that damn left arm I drew and inked over it before reviewing it. Well thats what I get for rushing that drawing. Overall it took about 45 minutes to draw then ink, so you get what you deserve I guess sad.gif

Kohashi Shouga

Kohashi, Shouga

Penciled version of Kohashi Shouga. It still has to be inked and defined a little more, but overall OK job. I tried really hard on him, but I felt like I wasn't quite capturing DWN's imagination of him. Either way whether he likes it or not it will still make a nice OC.

Namikaze 'Raz' Rasen

Raz (Artist Vision)

Raz 1: Been waiting to do this one for a long time. For some reason this photo scanned sideways and if I tried to changed the direction my computer flipped shit. Now for the comments. I Really liked drawing Raz! It was hard because I kept forgetting minor things like his ponytail, headband, kusanagi (I excluded the latter 2) but it was definitely worth it in the end. I was pretty happy with how I changed his coat. Rather than pop a collar like I normally do, I made this one a hoody after seeing what Raz gave Yue. Put on a long sleeve undershirt with the sleeves rolled up, and thats about that. Overall pretty simple draw. I regret drawing his pants and coat tail though :/

Shiro/ Shiro Redesign

Shiro (Original)

The "original" was made 2 years ago back when i had just started drawing for the first time since middle school, it was my senior year at highschool, and at the time I was very proud of it. Looking back on it now, im just baffled as to how I thought it was good. So Now I present the new Shiro.

New Character (SHIRO redesign)

This character has a lot going. The clothing is actually a sleeveless tunic modeled loosely on the one that Haku wore. The main part from haku is the rope waist ties, which I thought added some uniqueness to this drawing. I put an undershirt on him since he looked so naked in just a sleeveless tunic, and added some fingerless armored gloves. Most of this drawing hasn't been detailed like the arms and its accessories, but im looking forward to doing it.

Sarutobi, Shin

Sarutobi Shin (rough)

Sarutobi Shin (Final)

Really enjoyed drawing Shin, I definitely wanted that young mid 20's look along with a certain maturity. He definitely has his own sense of style I thought. I incorporated some elements that Tite kubo uses and also applied a little more sheen to his hair. I usually dont do glares or sheen in hair simply because I like flat colors, but with him having a solid black shirt I felt he needed the shine. Anyways loved the drawing, decided to show you a before and after since I kept the penciled drawing (thought it was better)

The Sound Three

The Sound Three!

SO pretty much i started with Yue (right), which turned out to be a big mistake. I drew Yue perfectly the first time down to every detail, but since i am right handed and was drawing Ren on the left I had to constantly place my right hand on top of yue. This smeared my work which made me re-draw him into the form you see now. Overall very satisfied with yue wish i had taken a picture of him before drawing Ren. Now onto my character Ren (left), boy he was a bitch to do. I drew him over and over again to get him into the pose he is now along with the fact i couldn;t settle on his head. I wanted to make Ren an accurate appearance next to the bulky Yue, which is harder to do when Ren isn't in a solo drawing. I decided to give Ren a long sleeve rather than his jacket so i could show off the chunnin jacket. There is one on Yue beneath his monk clothes! Finally we get to Lilina. As you can see I didn't spend much time with her cause guess what? I cannot draw girls very well, let alone when she is in the center between two guys. Overall below decent on her, but I was glad to get her in. Its hrd to see over the guys, but Lilina is wearing a jacket over her shirt.

Anyways Congrats on the Tournament Team Raz!!!

Overall Picture: B-

More Than Teammates?....

renandlilina001.jpg

Lilina being Lilina

lilina001.jpg

Edited by Leon

Me too I looked at the prices for ink pens today, because i dont have beige colors or tan ink colors... it was like 13 dollars per pen. It'll tkae about 3 weeks to put money asid for art supplies haha

Yeah some of my friends told me to try that or some technique called cel shading i think? It usually takes me a month to finish up a drawing completly to the specifications I like haha

UPDATE: Created a second version of Syaoran which is the link below him.

Syaoran 2

Let me know which one y'all would like to see finished.

Edited by Leon

Thanks, like i said I like drawing NA characters. Kind of been working on a drawing for Raz and Yue. Anyone wants me to take a shot at their character let me know.

@ Draiko: Yeah I HATE drawing feet, and hands. Positioning is easy I just hate drawing them. I wanted sneakers for Ren since he likes wearing them, but sandals seemed more mature.

@ Azure: Thanks Azure, I just couldn't think of where to put the headband on a kage. Suddenly I saw a drawing on deviantart and was like... a headBELT... it all makes sense now.

So I may have accidentally destroyed my other drawings while I was inking them. That being said I will have to start over on Syaoran. To satisfy you here is my future character i just drew an hour ago. Its inked, but hasnt been detailed or colored yet... (also its a jpeg so the image quality is shitty)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/844/kyoy.jpg/

Edited by Leon

So I got the creative energy tonight to make another original character. This one is actually a redesign of my Hisame, Shiro concept. First link is the original Shiro while the second link is him updated. The link will be updated once I color the new one.

Shiro (Original)

The "original" was made 2 years ago back when i had just started drawing for the first time since middle school, it was my senior year at highschool, and at the time I was very proud of it. Looking back on it now, im just baffled as to how I thought it was good. So Now I present the new Shiro.

New Character (SHIRO redesign)

This character has a lot going. The clothing is actually a sleeveless tunic modeled loosely on the one that Haku wore. The main part from haku is the rope waist ties, which I thought added some uniqueness to this drawing. I put an undershirt on him since he looked so naked in just a sleeveless tunic, and added some fingerless armored gloves. Most of this drawing hasn't been detailed like the arms and its accessories, but im looking forward to doing it.

Edited by Leon

Raz

Been waiting to do this one for a long time. For some reason this photo scanned sideways and if I tried to changed the direction my computer flipped shit. Now for the comments. I Really liked drawing Raz! It was hard because I kept forgetting minor things like his ponytail, headband, kusanagi (I excluded the latter 2) but it was definitely worth it in the end. I was pretty happy with how I changed his coat. Rather than pop a collar like I normally do, I made this one a hoody after seeing what Raz gave Yue. Put on a long sleeve undershirt with the sleeves rolled up, and thats about that. Overall pretty simple draw. I regret drawing his pants and coat tail though :/

The post above this is Raz for those who haven't checked him out yet. He still needs color -_-

Kohashi, Shouga

Penciled version of Kohashi Shouga. It still has to be inked and defined a little more, but overall OK job. I tried really hard on him, but I felt like I wasn't quite capturing DWN's imagination of him. Either way whether he likes it or not it will still make a nice OC.

Edited by Leon

Really churning out the drawings in the past few days :D The following is Srautobi Shin. Another OC of mine, i've been debating whether or not to use him on site.

Sarutobi Shin (rough)

Sarutobi Shin (Final)

Really enjoyed drawing Shin, I definitely wanted that young mid 20's look along with a certain maturity. He definitely has his own sense of style I thought. I incorporated some elements that Tite kubo uses and also applied a little more sheen to his hair. I usually dont do glares or sheen in hair simply because I like flat colors, but with him having a solid black shirt I felt he needed the shine. Anyways loved the drawing, decided to show you a before and after since I kept the penciled drawing (thought it was better)

Annnndddd after a long break

The Sound Three!

SO pretty much i started with Yue (right), which turned out to be a big mistake. I drew Yue perfectly the first time down to every detail, but since i am right handed and was drawing Ren on the left I had to constantly place my right hand on top of yue. This smeared my work which made me re-draw him into the form you see now. Overall very satisfied with yue wish i had taken a picture of him before drawing Ren. Now onto my character Ren (left), boy he was a bitch to do. I drew him over and over again to get him into the pose he is now along with the fact i couldn;t settle on his head. I wanted to make Ren an accurate appearance next to the bulky Yue, which is harder to do when Ren isn't in a solo drawing. I decided to give Ren a long sleeve rather than his jacket so i could show off the chunnin jacket. There is one on Yue beneath his monk clothes! Finally we get to Lilina. As you can see I didn't spend much time with her cause guess what? I cannot draw girls very well, let alone when she is in the center between two guys. Overall below decent on her, but I was glad to get her in. Its hrd to see over the guys, but Lilina is wearing a jacket over her shirt.

Anyways Congrats on the Tournament Team Raz!!!

Overall Picture: B-

In other news im accepting requests for drawings, and if Azure wishes it ill give him a better Lilina sometime haha. Please leave comments!

Adult Ren

Got bored today and decided to draw this. I started to ink it as you can see at some of the definition points, but other than that im really satisfied with this drawing. I wanted to illustrate an older more worn out Ren. Its what I imagine him as when he has been through a war or two. Anyways that is that. Give me some work to do if you want I need to keep drawing lol.

Overall Picture Rating: B+

Edited by Leon