Eechi-go

Dragonball Xenoverse:.

Hey, so, did anyone else pick this up? I got it on steam because it was on the front page the other day and did literally no research on it (good job) but I've been incredibly surprised by it.

For anyone who has no idea what this is, the best way for me to describe it is to call it a mix between a DBZ fighting game and an MMO. Yes, an MMO. Not without a monthly fee or anything, mind you, but a significant online component with RPG features. It even has a character creator.

The plot is basically summed up as this- someone is fucking with the DBZ timeline and altering the major battles in history so the villains end up winning. Your character (who can be almost any race in dragonball z, including human, saiyan, majin, namekian, and even 'freiza race') is recruited by Future Trunks to join a 'Time Patrol' to help put the timeline back in order.

If you like DBZ at all I'd suggest you get it....mostly so I have some help trying to beat some of these harder missions. This game is pretty tough at times.

Below is my Saiyan. He's a pretty cool guy who doesn't afraid of anything.

mzqbEGj.jpg

A few of us did (Seigen, Pwnize, Princess [Ordered at least]), Skittlz and I will pick it up later. is the online cross compatible? 

I ended up picking it up on steam last night- I couldn't help myself. My steam name should be either thepaintrolley or Thespian Tea. Ended up making a saiyan to start too. I'll post up an image of her tonight sometime.

Edited by Hardcore Skittlez

I'll post pics of my Frieza Clan, Majin and Saiyan later, still need to get some gear to be happy with my saiyan and it won't bloody drop.

Also let us know when you guys get up to the first level of the 'secret' scenario. Coz that thing is FUN with a capital NOT VERY.

So, a hilarious bug with the steam version.

If you alt-tab out mid special attack, and then alt-tab back in (the game can be paused while this is happening) you end up repeating the special attack instantly. In most cases, this will allow you to hit the opponent for an eternity.

In my opinion it is. I've finished the main story and all the parallel quests and am still having heaps of fun with the game, and though the random drop system is infuriating as all buggery it convinces you to keep playing for the things you want. All in all totally worth the sink I reckon.