03a62fbff3a8.gif

Totsuka No Tsurugi | Sword of Totsuka | 十拳剣
Sakegari no Tachi | Sakecutter Blade | 酒刈太刀
Weapon Type: Longsword
Size: Medium

Weapon Slots: 2
Level: X
Attributes:

Unique - Only one of this item may exist at any time within the RP. ($50)
Indestructible - If an effect would 'destroy' this equipment, that equipment is instead rendered unusable for the remainder of the battle, after which it may be used normally. ($50)
Chakra Blade - Attacks made with this weapon cost chakra instead of stamina ($50)
Hidden - Other's cannot tell you have a weapon until you reveal it. ($50)
Greater Affliction - Asleep -
 Any weapon with this attribute has the potential to afflict a target with [Asleep] effect when successfully struck.  Enemy will roll a d20; 1-10 results in the enemy suffering [Asleep] status for the duration of one turn. Effect Costs: Y - X (X=Your level; Y=Target level. A cost of at least 20 Chakra must be paid to 'activate' and 'maintain' the ability to afflict an enemy with a status) ($400)

Special Abilities:

Ethereal Blade

The Totsuka no Tsurugi is unlike other weapons in that it is not a single weapon with unique abilities, but is the mysterious twin of the Kusanagi no Tsurugi. Which blade is the original is a question of much debate, but the ethereal Totsuka Blade is thought to have been a byproduct of a weapon so powerful its strength radiated beyond the material world. As weapon without true form, it slumbers within the body of the wielder unless manifested by their will. Like the Kusanagi, the length of the Totsuka Blade is but a whim of the user.

Effect: The level of this weapon is always considered to be 'x', where 'x' is equivalent to the wielder's combined Ninjutsu and Genjutsu statistics divided by 20 and rounded down. (Nin+Gen/20) When equipping this weapon or as a Setup Phase Action, the wielder may designate it either a 'Medium' or 'Large' Weapon. Additionally, if this weapon were to be removed from the user's possession in any traditional sense, the user may use a Setup Phase action to re-equip the item. The wielder of this blade may choose to equip this weapon to any allied combatant under their control. If that combatant is removed from the field, this weapon is returned to the original wielder. 

Cost: $3,800

Sake Cutter

Also known as the Sake Cutter Longsword, the Totsuka Blade is a weapon of unique makeup. It alone is capable of striking the physical body of the wielder's foe with wickedly sharp slices of a strength comparable to the fabled Kusanagi, or it may be used to seal the enemy in a Genjutsu-like state, pulling them into the ethereal sake jar which acts as the blade's sheathe for all eternity.

Effect: When attacking with this weapon, the wielder chooses 'Dream' or 'Reality'.

Reality; Deals Physical Damage, the targets chance to dodge is modified by their evasion statistics, and the users attack mods are taijutsu/accuracy.

Dream; Deals Ghost Damage, the target's chance to dodge is modified by the Concentration statistics. If a target's Ghost Health is brought to 0 by an attack from this weapon, the wielder may choose to 'Seal' that target, in which case the target is considered dead until 'Unsealed'. 'Sealing' in this manner physically removes the target's body and equipment.

Cost: $800

Description: The Totsuka no Tsurugi itself is an ethereal weapon, its shape can be changed at the wielders wish, and is a blade like no other. The sword itself is an ethereal sword with no true form, rumored to carry ominous sealing powers within it's astral blade. As the legend goes, any who are pierced by the blade become trapped within a blissful dream-like Genjutsu for all of eternity. The blade's sealing powers are said to be some of the most powerful in existence. Regarded as the single counter to the Ama-no-Murakumo-no-Tsurugi, otherwise known as the Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi. The blades true origins are unknown, as it predates when we began keeping history books and information. Thousands of years later, it would seem as if Uchiha Itachi had found the blade himself while working with the Akatsuki as they searched the lands for Bijuu. However, in the battle between the last two Uchiha heirs, the blades abilities seemed to have been shattered, no longer having the ability to throw an opponent into an endless genjutsu for the remainder of their lives. The blade, however, still has the ability to damage the opponent's psyche when struck, and those who delve into the realm of genjutsu seem to have a natural knack for wielding such a weapon. When the Totsuka no Tsurugi is not being utilized for weapon purposes, it is stored in a very plain looking sake jar.
Cost: $4,800 Ryo + 20 Post Quest

6A62F38CCB1E10E87FC9C35C258E8FDC_M.jpg

Main Site Attributes:

Indestructible
Description: Your weapon has been finely crafted of the most resilient materials available. Even if wounded in battle, it can easily be repaired for use again without any knowledge of blacksmithing.
Effect: If an effect would 'destroy' this equipment, that equipment is instead rendered unusable for the remainder of the battle, after which it may be used normally.
$50

Hidden
Description: Your weapon is made too be hidden within you clothing or as a package so others do not notice.
Effect: This item may not be the target of abilities until it's used in battle.
$50

Greater Affliction: [Asleep]

The power of certain weapons contain an esoteric power to them that may offend a human body with varying afflictions, dependant upon the individual weapon

Effect: Any weapon with this attribute has the potential to afflict a target with a status effect when successfully struck. The status effect inflicted is chosen at the time of purchase and may never be changed. Enemy will roll a d20; 1-10 results in the enemy suffering the [chosen] status for the duration of one turn. "Stunned, Vulnerable, Disorganized, and Immobilized" may not be used [Any status with a "CP" of 50 or less may be chosen, so long as a valid reason is provided]. Effect Costs: Y - X (X=Your level; Y=Target level. A cost of at least 20 Chakra must be paid to 'activate' and 'maintain' the ability to afflict an enemy with a status) A weapon may never have more than one status linked to it

"Chakra Blade"

$400

Chakra Blade
You can manipulate your blade too react from the strength of your chakra instead of your stamina. This involves the shape and make of the weapon, as it is an entirely different style of fighting.
Effect: Attacks made with this weapon cost chakra instead of stamina n/a
$50

Unique
This weapon is the only one of its kind in the entire world, hand crafted and designed to only be manufactured once.
Effect: Only one of this item may exist at any time within the RP. n/a
$50

Edited by Pwnzie
Adding Costs

Blissful Slaughter: If you use genjutsu and dodge it like a genjutsu, it deals Ghost Damage, not physical damage.

Formless: I'm fine with it not being able to be stolen, but even as a blade made of chakra, if I make you open your hand and you let go, the blade isnt gonna just float there. It'll vanish/fall until you can reform it, which would take the same amount of time as picking up a disarmed weapon.

Additionally, why should your stats decide its weapon level? That seems weird.

Blissful Slaughter: If you use genjutsu and dodge it like a genjutsu, it deals Ghost Damage, not physical damage.

Clarified that it deals ghost damage when using gen mods. 

Formless: I'm fine with it not being able to be stolen, but even as a blade made of chakra, if I make you open your hand and you let go, the blade isnt gonna just float there. It'll vanish/fall until you can reform it, which would take the same amount of time as picking up a disarmed weapon.

The "blade" is an ethereal item, that as long as I am the 'owner' of the item, it cant be stolen or taken from me. Due to the legendary nature of this item and how its properties are, it makes sense that it wouldnt be able to be stolen/taken from me  as it can merely shift from existence for a moment, and flicker back into the wielder's hands as if nothing had even phased it (in a manner of seconds). It fits the cannon lore of the item. 

Additionally, why should your stats decide its weapon level? That seems weird.

I had stats deciding the weapons level because of the nature of the weapon, and how its not really supposed to be taijutsu based, its meant to act as a medium for funneling ninjtusu/tenjutsu techniques through it, like a wand is to a mage. Its the same reason this doesnt have Razor Edge, Sharpened Edge, because there is no 'edge' I would be happy to add in a clause like this weapon may never be upgraded with the _____ edge attributes to balance this out. 

Also editted in the full main site attributes and added quest to cost. 

Edited by Pwnzie

So I made some edits to wording here to clean this up and also as I was doing it couldn't help but give a shot at formatting. I left my BBCode at the bottom if you want to take it for yourself, but I won't be offended if you don't. The wording updates on the effects kept the same spirit of the abilities, but gave them a bit more definition with out current rules.

03a62fbff3a8.gif

Totsuka No Tsurugi | Sword of Totsuka |  十拳剣
Sakegari no Tachi | Sakecutter Blade | 酒刈太刀
Weapon Type: Ethereal Multifunctional Weapon
Size: Medium
Level: X
Attributes: 

Unique - Only one of this item may exist at any time within the RP. 
Indestructible - If an effect would 'destroy' this equipment, that equipment is instead rendered unusable for the remainder of the battle, after which it may be used normally.
Chakra Blade - Attacks made with this weapon cost chakra instead of stamina
Hidden - Other's cannot tell you have a weapon until you reveal it.
Ward Rank 2 - Your weapon is able to block (Take half damage with no dodge roll) a Ninjutsu in a single turn a number of times equal to the rank you have in this.

Special Abilities:

.:Blissful Slaughter:.
Though Totsuka no Tsurugi's ability to send it's prey into an endless genjutsu was obliterated in the final battle of the Uchiha's, it's ability to affect the mind in general was not destroyed. Upon swinging the blade, rather than actually cutting the opponent, it will disrupt the chakra flow within their brain. This immense disruption of chakra will cause extreme head trauma, and doing mental damage much like a typical genjutsu would, but to a greater extent.
Effect: When using this weapon the user will choose 'Dream' or 'Reality' for each strike of a Weapon Attack. If they choose 'Dream', the user and opponent will modify the Chance to Hit for that strike with their Concentration modifiers instead of their Accuracy and Evasion. If they choose 'Reality', the weapon strike will be treated normally.

.:Formless, and Malleable:.
The Totsuka No Tsurugi (or Sake Cutter Blade) has no true form, as it is an ethereal weapon. Because of this, the wielder may choose what they wish the blade to look like. For some, it could be a simple dagger in which seems like it has no value of any form. Others will want the blade to be decorated, ranging from some of the most beautiful diamonds and pearls in all the land. Not only can the blade change cosmetically, but it can also change length and weight, material, allowing the blade to go from a katana for one second, to a claymore, to even a butter knife if they so pleased. Due to the nature of the blade being ethereal and fluid, the wielder may also choose to funnel ninjutsu or even sometimes genjutsu techniques through the sake cutter blade itself as a medium of delivery.
Effect: When equipping this weapon or as a Setup Phase action the user of this weapon chooses the size of this weapon to be 'Medium' or 'Large'. The level of this weapon is equal to X, where the value of X is the user's Ninjutsu + Genjutsu divided by twenty. Additionally, if this weapon were to be removed from the user's possession in any traditional sense, the user may use a Setup Phase action to re-equip the item.

Description: The Totsuka no Tsurugi itself is an ethereal weapon, its shape can be changed at the wielders wish, and is a blade like no other. The sword itself is an ethereal sword with no true form, rumored to carry ominous sealing powers within it's astral blade. As the legend goes, any who are pierced by the blade become trapped within a blissful dream-like Genjutsu for all of eternity. The blade's sealing powers are said to be some of the most powerful in existence. Regarded as the single counter to the Ama-no-Murakumo-no-Tsurugi, otherwise known as the Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi. The blades true origins are unknown, as it predates when we began keeping history books and information. Thousands of years later, it would seem as if Uchiha Itachi had found the blade himself while working with the Akatsuki as they searched the lands for Bijuu. However, in the battle between the last two Uchiha heirs, the blades abilities seemed to have been shattered, no longer having the ability to throw an opponent into an endless genjutsu for the remainder of their lives. The blade, however, still has the ability to damage the opponent's psyche when struck, and those who delve into the realm of genjutsu seem to have a natural knack for wielding such a weapon. When the Totsuka no Tsurugi is not being utilized for weapon purposes, it is stored in a very plain looking sake jar. 
Cost: $2,500 Ryo + 10 Post Quest

6A62F38CCB1E10E87FC9C35C258E8FDC_M.jpg

[center][img=http://s012.radikal.ru/i320/1103/ba/03a62fbff3a8.gif][/center]

[indent=1][font=century gothic,centurygothic,applegothic,sans-serif][size=6][color=#daa520]Totsuka No Tsurugi [/color]| [color=#F1E300]Sword of Totsuka [/color]|  十拳剣[/size]
[i]• [color=#b22222]Sakegari no Tachi [/color]| [color=#ee82ee]Sakecutter Blade [/color]| 酒刈太刀 [/i]
[b]Weapon Type:[/b] Ethereal Multifunctional Weapon
[b]Size:[/b] Medium
[b]Level:[/b] X
[b]Attributes: [/b][/font][/indent]
[indent=2][font=century gothic,centurygothic,applegothic,sans-serif][color=#F1E300]Unique[/color] - Only one of this item may exist at any time within the RP. 
[color=#F1E300]Indestructible[/color] - If an effect would 'destroy' this equipment, that equipment is instead rendered unusable for the remainder of the battle, after which it may be used normally.
[color=#F1E300]Chakra Blade [/color]- Attacks made with this weapon cost chakra instead of stamina
[color=#F1E300]Hidden[/color] - Other's cannot tell you have a weapon until you reveal it.
[color=#F1E300]Ward Rank 2[/color] - Your weapon is able to block (Take half damage with no dodge roll) a Ninjutsu in a single turn a number of times equal to the rank you have in this.[/font][/indent]
[indent=1] [/indent]
[indent=1][font=century gothic,centurygothic,applegothic,sans-serif][b]Special Abilities:[/b][/font][/indent]
[indent=2] [/indent]
[indent=2][font=century gothic,centurygothic,applegothic,sans-serif][size=5][color=#ff8c00].:Blissful Slaughter:.[/color][/size]
[color=#a9a9a9][i]Though Totsuka no Tsurugi's ability to send it's prey into an endless genjutsu was obliterated in the final battle of the Uchiha's, it's ability to affect the mind in general was not destroyed. Upon swinging the blade, rather than actually cutting the opponent, it will disrupt the chakra flow within their brain. This immense disruption of chakra will cause extreme head trauma, and doing mental damage much like a typical genjutsu would, but to a greater extent.[/i][/color]
[b]Effect:[/b] When using this weapon the user will choose 'Dream' or 'Reality' for each strike of a Weapon Attack. If they choose 'Dream', the user and opponent will modify the Chance to Hit for that strike with their Concentration modifiers instead of their Accuracy and Evasion. If they choose 'Reality', the weapon strike will be treated normally.[/font][/indent]
[indent=2]
[font=century gothic,centurygothic,applegothic,sans-serif][size=5][color=#F1E300].:Formless, and Malleable:.[/color][/size]
[color=#a9a9a9][i]The Totsuka No Tsurugi (or Sake Cutter Blade) has no true form, as it is an ethereal weapon. Because of this, the wielder may choose what they wish the blade to look like. For some, it could be a simple dagger in which seems like it has no value of any form. Others will want the blade to be decorated, ranging from some of the most beautiful diamonds and pearls in all the land. Not only can the blade change cosmetically, but it can also change length and weight, material, allowing the blade to go from a katana for one second, to a claymore, to even a butter knife if they so pleased. Due to the nature of the blade being ethereal and fluid, the wielder may also choose to funnel ninjutsu or even sometimes genjutsu techniques through the sake cutter blade itself as a medium of delivery.[/i][/color]
[b]Effect:[/b] When equipping this weapon or as a Setup Phase action the user of this weapon chooses the size of this weapon to be 'Medium' or 'Large'. The level of this weapon is equal to X, where the value of X is the user's Ninjutsu + Genjutsu divided by twenty. Additionally, if this weapon were to be removed from the user's possession in any traditional sense, the user may use a Setup Phase action to re-equip the item.[/font][/indent]

[indent=1][font=century gothic,centurygothic,applegothic,sans-serif][b]Description:[/b] The Totsuka no Tsurugi itself is an ethereal weapon, its shape can be changed at the wielders wish, and is a blade like no other. The sword itself is an ethereal sword with no true form, rumored to carry ominous sealing powers within it's astral blade. As the legend goes, any who are pierced by the blade become trapped within a blissful dream-like Genjutsu for all of eternity. The blade's sealing powers are said to be some of the most powerful in existence. Regarded as the single counter to the Ama-no-Murakumo-no-Tsurugi, otherwise known as the Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi. The blades true origins are unknown, as it predates when we began keeping history books and information. Thousands of years later, it would seem as if Uchiha Itachi had found the blade himself while working with the Akatsuki as they searched the lands for Bijuu. However, in the battle between the last two Uchiha heirs, the blades abilities seemed to have been shattered, no longer having the ability to throw an opponent into an endless genjutsu for the remainder of their lives. The blade, however, still has the ability to damage the opponent's psyche when struck, and those who delve into the realm of genjutsu seem to have a natural knack for wielding such a weapon. When the Totsuka no Tsurugi is not being utilized for weapon purposes, it is stored in a very plain looking sake jar. 
[b]Cost:[/b] $2,500 Ryo + 10 Post Quest[/font][/indent]

[center][img=http://r002.joyme.com/r002/image/2012/12/39/6A62F38CCB1E10E87FC9C35C258E8FDC_M.jpg][/center]

Haha editing. Also reworked the two special abilities a bit to better fit with canon lore, and swapped out the two ranks of ward for Greater Affliction Asleep, since its supposed to send whoever's cut into a genjutsu 'dream world,' feels more fitting. (And is the same cost as the previously approved attributes I swapped for) 

Edited by Pwnzie

Ethereal Blade: Not a huge fan of the 0 Item Slots or being able to re-equip with a setup phase when it is destroyed. We discussed earlier that though the blade is ethereal, the jar it is contained in is not. If that jar is destroyed the item should be too. That's why I worded the one I did as I did. 

I think the addition of being able to equip it to other players is sweet though.

Sake Cutter: I like this, though the "Sealing" portion could potentially have some weird staff interjections later on. I would personally like to see the choice be determined as "Dream" or "Reality" as it nicely wraps up the effects with a little flavor, but not a huge problem.

Ethereal Blade: Not a huge fan of the 0 Item Slots or being able to re-equip with a setup phase when it is destroyed. We discussed earlier that though the blade is ethereal, the jar it is contained in is not. If that jar is destroyed the item should be too. That's why I worded the one I did as I did. 

I think the addition of being able to equip it to other players is sweet though.

Sake Cutter: I like this, though the "Sealing" portion could potentially have some weird staff interjections later on. I would personally like to see the choice be determined as "Dream" or "Reality" as it nicely wraps up the effects with a little flavor, but not a huge problem.

Would you be alright with .5 item slots? Even the gord itself would be relatively small. Redid the wording, incorporating yours, let me know if the way it is now is workable. 

If the sealing portion is determined to be too powerful for PC use by staff if/when we hit that point, I would be happy to redo the ability. 

This should still be a longsword. It's the ethereal half of Kusanagi which is also a longsword. It's name even means Ten Hands Longsword. Front what little has been seen of it, it fights exactly like Kusanagi with with the distinction of not having physical weight. (They both slice and extend.)

I think the Dream or Reality thing is an unnecessary complication, when you could just say "Physical" or "Ghost" damage. It's adding more words for no reason.

Ethereal Blade: So let's start with the basics. This bypasses the leveling of the weapon, and can be a medium or large weapon at choice. It is $2930 to level a Medium weapon from 1 to 100 and $3870 to bring a Large weapon from 0 to 100. I would say we need to price on the large weapon since you can choose that. Now let's look at the requirement. You need a combined score between Genjutsu and Ninjutsu of 2000 to get to level 100. That's pretty much end game unless you stack your offensive stats, so let's assume that you get to this somewhere around level 100. Though this does hinder an early level character from cheesing ahead and getting a bunch of early levels, it is pretty much a non factor if you acquire the sword at level 75+ as it will come with most the levels. Also, you are going to be putting the points in these stats anyways so its not really a detractions or obstacle, its just something that will happen over time. As such, I probably couldn't price this at anything lower than $3400? A $400 discount since it will really be a problem for lower level ninja, but not really that much. You will likely stay in pace with other weapon users of your level without much problem without the hindrance of the paying. But you do need to pay it all up front and then you are locked in, so that deserves a bit of a discount. I'm open to discussion on this point (not really, leaving for Japan in 4 hours, but this is not a hard line here).

Next up we have the choice of Medium or Large. That was mostly addressed in the above problem, but I would likely say +$100 for the flexibility here.

Being able to re-equip if it's removed from your person? Only something we would see on a Legendary mystical sword like this, but not that powerful overall. More flavor, but could have uses if people try and steal it, which is important (unless they steal the jug, dat roleplay). I would say +$250 for this.

Option to give this to an ally? $50 since it's something you can normally do requires an actual hand off where this can presumably be done at any range.

So that brings Ethereal Blade to a total of $3800.

Sake Cutter: This is pretty straightforward, we can ignore Reality as it is just normal weapon usage for a ranged weapon. Dream though has two parts. The first, hitting with con and dealing ghost damage is pretty straightforward. We price similar effects for Ninjutsu at $300 (Ninjutsu Forged). The second part is a bit tricky as it changes the killing blow for Genjutsu from unconscious to straight up sealed. Now this doesn't change a whole lot, because if a person is unconscious you can just walk up and slit their neck and kill them (or stab them repeatedly in the neck for 7 turns because HOLY SHIT THIS GUYS DEFENSE AMIRITE). The sealing is important as it's a pretty powerful effect and puts you in control of other characters. I like it though. I would say $500 for that effect since all it does is give a flavorful and more "permanent" death. So $800 for Saki Cutter.

I'll let you have the 2 Weapon Slots instead of 5 for free since this is a Legendary cool item and it makes a lot of sense.

That brings the grand total of the weapon too...

$5,200 Ryo

10 Post Quest is currently as 10 words = $1, so that's -$200. I would suggest bringing that up to a 20 Post Quest and making it $4,800.