Pwnzie

Kagune |  Red Child | 赫子

Kagune |  Red Child | 赫子

tumblr_niz12iQTZa1sz111so1_500.gif

Throughout history there have been several instances of known cannibalism to have taken place, however none of them except that of the Chitoka clan mentioned cannibalism within the shinobi world. Whether that was a group of people or an individual was dependent upon the individual circumstances, however one thing remained certain; those who consumed flesh had a belief that by eating humans they could assimilate their powers into their own body. There was a small number of the population that was genetically different from the rest, they had a chakra pool just as everyone else however, but they could also manipulate something that no one else could, their flesh and blood.  By mixing their chakra into their flesh and deep tissue, members of the chitoka clan were able to manipulate and create new appendages or whatever the creator desired of the flesh, so long as it was still attached to their own body. Some of the more shinobi focused practioners utilized this power in a number of ways depending on their fighting style, most create between two and four 'tails' which they could use as two more sets of hands but better, since by moving them at incredibly fast speeds they could deflect small weapons or even some lesser ninjutsu attacks. The Chitoka by focusing their chakra to their lower back, are able to create a more sizable tail that they could use to launch themselves into the air getting far higher than any jump could ever hope to achieve. Or even armor, creating hardened layers of flesh on top of the skin that are meant to slow blades and protect the user. No one is sure if the reason for these cannibals regenerative abilities that were similar to that of the kaguya were a result of their consumption of human flesh, or if it was some other part of their genetic mutation that science hadn't discovered yet. The tales and legends of the cannibals had many names over the centuries, but the one that has always been around no matter what the popular way to describe them was at the time, was; The Red Children. Named for their necessity for cannibalism to survive. There are a few physical traits of the red children that set them apart from the rest of the general population, having pitch black sclera eye color, and a bloody red iris similar to that of the sharingan, but without any of the copying abilities or dojutsu at all really. The more hungry a red child is, the more bloodshot their eyes appear, even having its red veins extend past the part of the eyeball that is visible from within the socket, it can extend out as far as the ear lobes if it had been days since they last consumed human flesh. 

Kuton | Combinatorial; Flesh | 肉解放

Ranks may be taken every 20 levels. 

Image result for rinkaku gif

Rinkaku | Scale Red | 鱗赫
Effect: Characters with this skill gain the skill ‘Combinatorial; Flesh for 0 Skill Points. When purchased at character creation, the skill 'Combinatorial; Flesh' replaces their village, bonus skill. When purchasing the skill ‘Ninjutsu Mastery; Flesh, characters with this skill may purchase 2 ranks for 1 Skill Point. 
Description: Being the only practitioners of flesh release, one of the red children is able to use their chakra to make changes at a molecular level to create and or regenerate flesh or tissue, muscles which are more complex and energy consuming, but also possible given enough recovery time. A red child can use flesh release to make a second set of hands or even third set from various parts on their body for more control and versatility, in addition to  a wide range of other effects. 
Cost: -2

Spoiler

Kuton | Combinatorial; Flesh | 肉解放

Effect: Characters with this skill may use Ninjutsu techniques of the 'Flesh' element. The user of a 'Flesh' element jutsu is afflicted with the status effect 'Induced Regeneration; x' for 1 turn, where 'x' is equal to 5% of the technique's base cost. In addition, the user of a 'Flesh' technique may choose to apply the bonus from one of the Subtle Elements skills required to learn this skill, if they possess it.
Description: Cannibalism has appeared scattered throughout the history books in random places around the world, one such group however was an exception to the norm; they combined cannibalism with ninjutsu and chakra and in doing so created a new element...flesh manipulation. Considered repulsive by some. The Flesh release specializes in creation of organic material. Bile, flesh, and even full on organs. The bloodline works by editing DNA within the user's body to create and shape. Most organs are released as separate entities through the mouth (which, for convenience sake, is also the main place they are produced.) But they can technically be created and released anywhere on the body.
Requirements: Subtle Elements; Earth, Subtle Elements; Fire, Subtle Elements; Water
Cost: -2 

Image result for bikaku gif  

Bikaku | Tail Red |尾赫 - Rank [ - ]
Effect:  Once per battle per rank in this skill the user may add one turn of the status effect 'Exposed' to a Flesh Release  technique.

Description: The red children's ability to harden and change the density of the flesh they create allows them to end up with flesh armor that can be extremely useful in creating openings or vulnerabilities with their targets, for example, manifesting the kagune at the base of the lumbar spine can be used to grapple onto an enemys ankle and with a swift pull of the cord flip the enemy over leaving an opening for them to strike. They could shape the flesh and its location or purpose to their will.
Maximum Ranks: 2
Cost: -2 [For the first rank; -1 per rank after]

Image result for ukaku gif

Ukaku | Feather Red | 羽赫  – Rank [ - ]
Effect: Flesh Release techniques gain +5x% to their base damage, where X is equal to the users rank in this skill. This bonus may only apply to one technique per turn. 
Description: This ability requires you to generate the kagune from your shoulder blades instead of the small of your back, in doing so the user has two pulsing glowing red 'feathers,' which they can then use to create hundreds of projectiles to launch at their enemy. Practiced use of this ability could evolve to being able to combine this skill with a jutsu for solid combination attacks. 
Maximum Ranks: 4
Cost: -1

giphy.webp

Kokaku | Shell Red | 甲赫 - Rank [ - ]
Effect: For each rank in this skill, increase X from flesh release's induced regeneration by 1.25%x where X is equal to the rank in this skill. 
Description: A red child's flesh release has powerful regenerative abilities, through the speeding up of the white blood cells making the blood coagulate and thanks to the chakra mixed in even repair some of the damaged tissue, only to a very limited amount, certainly pales in comparison to the kaguyas regenerative abilities, they are leagues apart.
Requirements: Level 20; Rinkaku Scale Red 

Maximum Ranks: 4
Cost: -2

original.gif

Kakuja | Red One | 赫者
Effect: This ability may be used as a free action in the setup phase, for the next 4 turns the user is afflicted with Enraged. During those 4 turns, the effectiveness of blood increasing pills are increased by 1.5x; where X = normal health gained. This ability may be used twice per battle. 
Description: Through repeated acts of cannibalism, a red child is able to control their kagune more effectively, once they hit a certain level of power with it some of the most powerful members of their clan were able to extend their Kagune across every inch of their body, in most cases transforming their appearance and augmenting themselves with superior abilities. What these abilities were varied with each case, but a more common trait is blind unending rage and extremely fast regenerative abilities while they are in their berserk like frenzy. 

Requirements: Scale Red; Shell Red Rank 2; Feather Red Rank 2; Tail Red Rank 2; 
Cost: -3

tumblr_inline_mxggk3YE481r6xu0h.gif

Edited by Pwnzie

Just personal opinion, but this seems to have a ton of versatility and too much power to boot.

Just looking at the final skill, thats 800 permanent stat points, compared to the Uzumaki's 500, Chak/Stm Training's Max 500, or Mokuton's 1000, and neither of those give nearly as many benefits in addition.

Then you have a skill that will give you +10% chance to hit for every 200 Chakra you spend at no additional cost to you. So thats 100 Stat points for every 200 you're already spending. That means you gain Accuracy equal to half of whatever chakra you spend (which is a much cleaner way to write this, BTW). Thats kind of nuts. When you combine this with the fact that this isnt an advanced system and can also stack with enhanced regen, you could just fire nukes all day and get massive accuracy boosts to boot.

Then you're also adding 20 to the block range on top of what Earth already gives you. This is arguably the weakest aspect of your bloodline, since you can get 20 block in other ways and this doesn't stack as hard as some of those, but instant 20 to block is still strong.

Im gonna have to argue that +1000 chakra is a pretty big deal, considering chakra training gets you half that for the same SP cost, and chakra is one of the most used resources game wide, Uzumakis +500 health and the ability to take an entirely secondary bloodline (with the potential for more than another thousand worth of points there is also a pretty big deal imo). 

I took the liberty of linking several approved bloodlines that all have more stat bonuses than this bloodline, sometimes 1.5x more. 

Koton +1280 Stats 

Uzumaki +500 Health + Another whole bloodline, so possibly +1500

Ox Tiger Blessing +1000 Total stats 

Mokuton +1000 Chakra (Only other way to get chakra through SP is paying 10 for Chakra Training and having 50 posts to do for half the chakra stat gain), this may be more broken than any of the previous). 

Possession Coalescence + 1200 Stats of your choosing 

As or your issue with the +% hit chance from spending chakra, again, at spending 400 chakra (highest level jonin bordering sennin level technique) you're getting a 20% boost to hit chance, 200 stats worth, on top of the 800 that's only 1000. Same if not less than a fair amount of approved bloodlines that involve stats, which a lot do. At the level it would take to be able to use a technique with a 400 chakra cost, you're going to likely have +200% if not more accuracy as it is, 20% at end game isn't that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things. 

No reason it needs to be an advanced system, when its basically just +1000 stat points. 

Ill drop block range increase to 2 4 6 8, considering the way its structured around a more defensive type. I feel like this is an acceptable part of the bloodline, I'm paying more for less benefit than its competition; but I can Drop each rank by 1 if that makes it easier to have. 

Edited by Pwnzie

So, just to start the talks, Activated Stat Boosts and Permanent Stat Boosts, are very different. Activated Stat Boosts usually require some upkeep and often shut down advanced regen. They are almost all Advanced Systems besides. (Two of the things I said this is kind of nuts because this does not have). So we're not talking about AS or Activated Stat Boosts (which means Possession Coalesence is a bad example, because it is both Activated and an AS).

The Uzumaki are actually not allowed to have other bloodlines that give them permanent stat raises, since KC was forced to ditch his Uzumaki HP boost when he was a hybrid Uzu/Moku. So that example is flat out wrong. Staff have balanced that interaction purely to avoid the scenario you speak of.

Koton...does not grant 1280 permanent stats. Maybe you meant a different example? It has a potential for a temporary (read, activated) 1280, but these stats are tied to physical pieces of armor that can be destroyed, and that have to be made by specific techniques. I haven't done a ton of research on the clan, but techniques very rarely make permanent objects that last outside of battle. This is not the same as Permanent Stat Raises. I'd say that this is probably too strong as is, but thats not my call to make.

Then Mokuton does grant 1000 raw chakra. Thats strong. But thats basically all it provides. You get cheap Nin Mastery (a nin user is likely to have access to a path with cheap nin mastery anyway) and the kinda cool regen thing which is weaker than the regen applied here and also less in control of the user. The only real boon Mokuton does is prep you for Sage Mode. So its 1000 stats and streamlined access to an AS. Thats why the 1000 is okay. Because otherwise it doesnt do much.

So the only one that is seriously strong is the Oni example. Its a weird quasi-summon bloodline, and in exchange for granting raw stats, you start every fight with 0 in one of the stats it grants you points in. You cant utilize summons. Advanced Regen is killed. You can be banished like a summon, etc. It more than pays for its positives with negatives and caveats and, to my knowledge, has never been tested in battle but probably needs some adjustment. Balancing your bloodline based on this one when they are totally different is a bad move.

So the only bloodlines from your example that are actual analogies, are, again, Uzumaki and Mokuton (which is where we began). Mokuton is stronger because it doesn't do anything, and Uzumaki is weaker because you can plop a second bloodline on top of it (but that bloodline has been ruled to not be able to grant permanent stats). So again we come back to: With everything else the bloodline can do, 800 seems too strong for it not to be an AS and not to shut down Advanced Regen. You'd probably be better served to leave the permanent health to Uzumaki, and shift this to a permanent 500 to Defense.

Now, back to your "I gain Accuracy Equal to 1/2 of all chakra I spend" ability. Because thats what it is. Why are you trying to balance for a jounin? Balance for a Sennin, because thats what you should always do. Balance for forbidden powerful, because thats what you should always do.

A Forbidden Powerful could easily have 1000, 1200, or 1500 as its chakra cost. This is likely a Nuke move of some type. And with your nuke move you'd gain an additional 500, 600, or 750 Accuracy FOR FREE just for using the move normally. Free. As in, you paid nothing. No activation costs, no negative effects to compensate, no additional stipulations or caveats that make your raw bonus okay. That is indeed significant. Combined with your current 800 Permanent stats, thats 1300, 1400, or 1550 Stats, or even if you take my suggestion and rock 500 Permanent Stats, 1000, 1100, or 1250, most of which are more than the max allowed to AS, Activated Bloodlines, who have higher caps because of all the restrictions in place. And this is before you add an AS of your own  (because you don't want this to be an AS) which will add a further +1200 stats in most cases.

Thats why it is nuts.

Now, back to your "I gain Accuracy Equal to 1/2 of all chakra I spend" ability. Because thats what it is. Why are you trying to balance for a jounin? Balance for a Sennin, because thats what you should always do. Balance for forbidden powerful, because thats what you should always do.

Maybe you misread something, check your fractions and quit blowing this out of proportion, it is not even REMOTELY close to a half. Not sure what universe you're in that (as you said at absolute max sennin rank) you divide by 20. 1/5. Ill up it to divide by 30 so your 1500 example would cut off at 50 for a 1500 chakra kinjutsu, I think thats pretty reasonable. Could easily add 300 stats with 1500 CP quantity to play with. Adding once per battle per ranks in this skill, 4 uses per battle. Far as I know there is no specific static cap for a 'non activated bloodlines' stat increase. Added a cap of max = users level / 6, 20%, 200 stats. 

old:

Spoiler

they gain +x% chance to hit, where X = the base cost of a flesh release technique divided by (80/Y); where y is equal to the rank in this skill. [Ex: Base cost 200 Flesh Release Technique / 20 = +10% CTH With Rank 4, Base cost 160 / 80 = 2% with Rank 1]

New:

they gain +x% chance to hit, where X = the base cost of a flesh release technique divided by (120/Y); where y is equal to the rank in this skill. This bonus may never exceed the users level divided by 6. 
[Ex: Base cost 300 Flesh Release Technique / 30 = +10% CTH With Rank 4, Base cost 1500 /30 = 20% with Rank 4 assuming a level 120 user.]

Kotons crucible ability which generates the armor that has the stats tied to them is something that does not suspend advanced regen, or have a cost to activate it, so like the sharingan, it would be used every battle to grant that bonus, may as well be a 'permanent stat increase.' Still gotta be hit with a tech that has destroy item tacked onto it for them to not be permanent. 

I frankly dont feel like arguing any further over 300 points, 500 it is. 

Edited by Pwnzie

@Ichigo Your comment was rude and added virtually nothing but a sense of buddy-buddy, "us against him" mentality to the debate at hand. Kouta doesn't need to be staff to present perfectly valid opinions, but everyone will get warnings for spamming. I don't want to see shit like this again. Bob can discuss his own creations and they may have been passionate, but they were both being civil.

- Malevolent Fortification: I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't appreciate when people use my creations almost verbatim without so much as asking me. An effect identical to this occurs in Steel Release, and one that's very similar to it occurs in Liquid Steel Release, so you're kind of tapping into something else. It feel to me like you've cherry-picked a piece of the steel bloodline that you liked, especially because it's the only branch of the bloodline that triggers in relation to what Subtle Element is in effect, while the rest of the branches have no relation to the subtle elements used. That being said, this is weaker than Steel or Liquid Steels, which justifies the 1 SP per rank cost. I'm not going to deny it, but I'm not going to approve it because as I said, it feels cherry picked and it steps on the toes of two other bloodlines. You might have better luck convincing other reviewers, since it is a small piece of a whole.

- Reconstructing Flesh: Denied as is.The problem that I have is that this is hands down better than the Kaguya's healing. It's free (chakra-wise), cheap in SP (4 at most), and has the benefit of not being tied to an advanced system. Kaguya pay 5% of their chakra and stamina every turn, must pay 10 SP, and must have an advanced system active which cuts them off from Adv. Regeneration. This will need to be toned down quite a bit. Right now, on a good turn, you could throw a technique in each phase and suddenly you're regenerating a tremendous amount on your next turn and your opponent has no counterplay to that. I would suggest a maximum number of times the bonus from this can be applied in a battle. Maybe you can only get 1 use of it per rank or something of that nature. 4 big heals beats a sharp stick in the eye. (This still feels like cherry-picking to me. Taking a good aspect of a bloodline you enjoy and taking it for yourself. However, I have not seen the show you're porting from. I dunno.)

You're also hiding a fifth bloodline branch inside this. I don't like the accuracy bit being hidden in here. The description of the skill doesn't mention anything about it at all. Your math is wrong in your example. A 1500 cost technique would have a +50% chance to hit at rank 4. There are issues with this that you probably didn't consider. It's a bonus with no ceiling, I don't like that. It has a soft cap, but if you have 3000 cost technique (worst case scenario) and 50% reductions (still worst case scenario, but do-able), you'd be paying 1500 chakra on a technique and getting all of the effects of 3000 CP, and getting a +1000 bonus to accuracy that's typed as a "to-hit" bonus so it doesn't interact with the 1.5x limit associated with your base accuracy. I'd say cut that out and make it it's own branch so that it can be evaluated. Right now it feels like a powerful, but ill-fitting piece of the puzzle just because you wanted an acc buff. It doesn't fit the motif of defense/regen.

- Dextrous Barricade: Ehhhhhh. So, this isn't like unfair or anything. As Kouta stated, I find this to be the least exciting aspect of your bloodline and I would probably cut it and replace it with the accuracy thing or something else (because you can just take Path of the Defender and get a better bonus for cheaper). It's the opposite of synergy in my opinion, since this bloodline is designed around being a beef-tank, but this actually punishes you for taking one of the better options in Path of the Defender.

- Fleeting Aegis: Pass. Paaaaaassssss. I helped with the harder parts, but I can't in good conscience give you advice here. I'm the poster-child for passive stat boosts, and I like them. However, I also know that others in staff aren't a fan and are worried about their balance. My character in particular has been a common topic in Admin Chat about the worst case scenario passive stat boosts could lead too. Part of that is definitely because of his Legendary bonus, which grants those stat bonuses faster than the rules of the bloodline would typically allow. They're a tight-walk though and I'd wager in the near future Kazuto's current build will be forced to change to normalize his power level. @cntrstrk14 is your man for this last one. Though, I actually do have one piece of advice for something I noticed. "Fleeting Aegis" is a bad name for a permanent stat boost, since that's the opposite of fleeting. I figure it's just a layover from a previous version, but it's almost an oxymoron.

Scale Red - I think everyone is cool with this at -2 

Tail Red - I'd like to see the first rank cost -2 and cap it at 3 ranks.

Shell Red - It is -8sp for +5% hp of the base cost of flesh techniques, bringing the total of to 10% the base cost of the flesh technique used. I'm perfectly fine with that if it can only be used once per turn and can't be applied to free actions.

Feather Red -It really seems like the only thing you'd need the activation costs for. My real suggestion is to ditch this aspect, and cut the activation upkeep all together.

Why not make a compairable General Accuracy training skill if you just want the increased statistic.

@Staff. Is there a reason we couldn't make a general mainsite skill that allows people to train say 5 times for +100 stats in a chosen, non-tank stat, say 10 post training with -1 cost ranks purchasable every 15 levels.

Its fair, logical that people can train in whats important to them. And it cuts down on what end up in bloodlines. I think everyone has been guilty of wanting to pad their bloodlines with generally useful stats, I damn well know I have been.

Edited by Tsu

It wasn't that the last version you had was out of balance. I just feel like elemental bloodlines should be more cohesive in that they give tech and power to their element. 

I like things like 

+ 5% base damage on flesh style techs

-5% cost of flesh style techs

-2 sp a rank 3 ranks max again.

I like that synergy better with shell red.

I still do think that Shell Red needs to only be able to apply to one technique per turn.

I'd also like to point out that this is very balanced for jounin level applications in my opinion as it is.

But at sennin level the rate of healing might need a hard cap of how much per turn you can heal. That is something that can be hotfixed in very quickly.  Or perhaps the hard cap should be 5% of total health.

Right now a 1000 base jutsu will heal you for 120 health. With everything 140 with shiva.  I would actually say a % total health cap a turn might help the staff keep the kaguya as top healers and still benefit your bloodline and fighting style.

Tail red's decription must have been leftover from a previous version. Fix that please. Also scale back to two ranks (Took a second look, and Reassessed)

I'd like someone else to take a look at these and check and see if a top end healing cap is in order.

Rinkaku | Scale Red | 鱗赫 - Rank [ - ] 

Does this have ranks? The name implies it does but the effects don't mention it at all. Based on getting 2 ranks for 1 sp on mastery I am assuming the rest of this bloodline is going to be focused around Flesh jutsu. If so, Approved.

Bikaku | Tail Red |尾赫 - Rank [ - ]

This seems fine, Approved.

Ukaku | Feather Red | 羽赫  – Rank [ - ]

This also seems fine, +20% base damage on Flesh Jutsu for -4 SP seem's reasonable since it's the focus. Approved.

Kokaku | Shell Red | 甲赫 - Rank [ - ]

You have "Effect: Effect:" in this. Also, what does "while Kagune is active" mean? You don't have any mention of activation anywhere above. Ignoring that for now, we're looking at -8 SP to double the effect of Flesh from 5% to 10%. I think this is fine. It's very good, but because it's healing off Flesh's ability and just increasing that I think it's fine. 

Kakuja | Red One | 赫者

I think you could actually bring the SP cost down on this to -3. Doubling blood increasing pills is pretty awesome, but otherwise I don't think its quite -4 SP level. Also, are the requirements for this suppose to be Rank 3 in each? Scale Red doesn't have a rank listed, wasn't sure if that was intentional. Also you end with a ; at the end, not sure if you meant to add more or if this is a typo.

Lastly, this bit is pretty hidden. You should probably make a line break after your description or something, I almost missed it entirely.

image.png

Rinkaku | Scale Red | 鱗赫 - Rank [ - ] 
Fixed typo about ranks. 

Bikaku | Tail Red |尾赫 - Rank [ - ]

Awesome!

Ukaku | Feather Red | 羽赫  – Rank [ - ]
Awesome! 

Kokaku | Shell Red | 甲赫 - Rank [ - ]
Fixed effect effect typo.

Kakuja | Red One | 赫者

Lowered sp cost to 3. 

This is a perfect example of why I want links to required skills and not just quotes. Now I feel like you're trying to pull a fast one on me. Flesh Release was created by someone else for their bloodline- Do you have permission from that member or staff to use their Flesh Release element for a new clan?