Princess

Inter-dimensional Interference

Inter-dimensional Interference
While this terrain is active, all characters receive a -10% chance to dodge (halved for Concentration based attacks). Taijutsu and Ninjutsu techniques have an additional 15% chance to fail, even if they would not naturally have one.
Cost: 290

This is made for my Ikiryo clan, the idea is random ghost effects like paranormal activity are distracting, and random bits of detritus fly into people, disrupting their physical techniques while also making safe areas to move into more difficult, which in turn makes dodging harder. It was originally designed to be suuuper clan specific, but it has to go on the mainsite so...ugh...whatever this'll do.

Edited by Princess
  • Like 2

I don't mind the effects, but I'm inclined to find a better name than "Haunted". Perhaps "Disrupted Gravity" and flavor it as pockets of wonky gravity? Or are you REALLY REALLY firm on the idea of ghosts doing this stuff? "Cross Dimensional Field" Could also work and still be flavored as ghosts for your purposes and differently for others?

Edited by PandaMattMatt

For reference to what I'm about to say, here is Terrain rules. 

Spoiler

• 1% reduction to a non-tank stat = 10 Cost Points
• 1 unmodified damage per turn = 10 Cost Points
• -1% to hit & dodge physical attacks = 10 Cost Points

Half this bonus for non-physical attacks, rounded up.

• 20% chance to inflict a status effect = x Cost Points (x = Effect CP)
• 1% chance for ____ technique failure. = 5 Cost Points

My Maths: 

Spoiler

For chance to dodge, you're good ...

As 1% times 10 = 10% and 10% is = to 100 cost points

But for the technique failure ...

1% times 15 = 15% and 15% = 75 cost points (5 times 15 = 75) this multiplied by two, because there are two types of techniques being affected,(ninjutsu and taijutsu) is makes this equal to 150.

Therefore, 100 (reduced chance to dodge)+ 150 (technique failure)= 250 cost points for this terrain in total

(Also sorry if I keep infringing upon staff things. I see things and question them, and then I notice things within the Bible... Errr, i mean rules. *Shrugs*)

Edited by Toroi21

The discussion on this was actually held on discord not here, so it makes sense why you don't know about it. 

There was a discussion about how to class fail chances and the like on terrains, and shifting certain restrictions around, I made a few tweaks to this based off that discussion, but it hasn't wrapped up yet hence why I haven't made any changes to it, and my edit being after both approvals from before invalidates them. 

Not stepping on any toes man, and good job spotting it, but yeah, you're missing some of the details so just leave this one for now.

My bad! I was just looking at it and applying math based on what the rules gave. *shrugs* But if there's a staff discussion about it then I won't infringe! Hope everything turns out cool with this Terrain.

No movement has happened on the 'melee and ranged' discussion, so I'm gonna push this again. 

Toroi was almost right with the costing, changes to it did mean it should have gone up in cost, as it now has 250cp worth of effects, but he missed out on the standard 40 cost you need to pay for a terrain in general. So 290. The technique it is going on is now sennin rank, and I could in theory make use of this at jounin as well, but it's locked out of chuunin rank, which is fine by me.