Rei

Naruto Manga Discussion

I'm kinda mad SasuSaku actually happened. Like, that's a loveless marriage waiting to happen. He doesn't love her. He never did. That kid is totally some other woman's. Also, where is her Sharrinegan? Isn't that how second gen stories work? The kids are always way stronger than their parents?

Also, here's my big problem with the finale chapter: It wasn't a finale chapter. I don't feel like Naruto's story concluded in a meaningful way. What should have been the defining chapter where we see his story wrapped up, was instead a "introduce all the new kids" chapter that could've been done as the first chapter of Naruto 2.0

1. NA's whole tech system seems to need an update. Laptops, Cyber eyegear (Shino, I guess?), Skyscrapers in Konoha

2. Dat One Piece shout out! (On naruto's kage mountain face thing)

3. We have confirmed lineages! (Now we can reintegrate those famous family lines as NPC! Although it'd most likely be the children of Salad and Bolt and etc)

4. Salad is a dumb name.

5. So is Bolt.

6. LOVE Akimichi Chouchou!!!!!

Edited by PandaMattMatt
  • Like 1

It's 'Sarada' and 'Boruto'. Sarada is a Hindu (IIRC) goddess of knowledge and Baruto DOES mean bolt, but I imagine it is in honor of Neji, who's name meant 'screw'.

The Sarada/Goddess thing is stretching it. The katakana for Sasuke/Sakura's daughter name is サラダ which as far as any JPN dictionary is concerned, is "salad". If Wikipedia is to be believed, the goddesses proper name is Saraswati (サラスヴァティー) though sometimes she goes by Sharada (シャラダ).

Edited by Rhap Sodos

To be fair, the proper romanji might be "Sarada" but 'because of the goddess' doesn't quite add up for me. It's hard because Kishimoto spells most of his names (regardless if they're a Japanese word or not) with katakana - Sakura, Minato, Kakashi, etc. are all spelled with katakana and not kanji/hiragana. 

Example: The kanji for scarecrow is "案山子" but Kakashi's name is represented as カカシ in the manga. 

So again, "Sarada" might be the proper pronunciation/romaji, but 'what does it mean' might be a big ??? unless Kishimoto does a final databook, or interview, or address baby names in the movie. People will probably argue against the name "Salad" because it's a... rather ridiculous name, but who knows. It's just really, really, really funny that if you stick "サラダ" into any Japanese translator or dictionary, you're going to get "salad". 

Edited by Rhap Sodos