Terrick Sukrai

Jigen-ryu

Skill Name: Jigen-Ryu (School of Construction of Character)

Bloodline: Shimazu clan

Description: This is the fighting style of the Shimazu clan, utilizing the rage and frustration the members of the clan feels as a focus for martial prowess. The samurai will charge headlong at his enemy, disregarding his own wounds in an effort to destroy his chosen foe.

Effect: The samurai may inflict the "Enraged" status on himself at anytime, as well as turn it off at anytime, but only self-inflicted rage. If the user is inflicted with the status effect 'Enraged' by someone else, they may not deactivate the status effect until the number of turns of affliction have passed. In addition, the samurai may make double the number of basic sword attacks at x base damage, where x is the level of the weapon. Counts as a fighting style and may not be stacked with others (ie: Thorn Style, Snake Style, etc). Used in the Setup Phase, can only be activated/deactivated once per turn.

Cost: -2

Edited by Terrick Sukrai

I would not suggest it, no... Rewrote it with additional stipulation. I meant that you treat it as a light weapon only in terms of how many attacks per round you get with it. You still pay stamina costs, level up costs, and everything else as it is a medium weapon, you just get one more base attack with it per turn.

There is little connection between self-induced rage and improved swordsmanship. Unless you can clarify how one effect allows the others, they would function better as separate skills.

Change the engaged effect to, "Once per battle, the user may forfeit his set-up phrase to become ‘engaged' for two turns. "

Engaged? Why would you get married in the middle of a fight? :) Still, I'm somewhat hesitant to limit it to only two turns...

And a self-induced rage brings about self-induced adrenaline rush, which naturally quickens reflexes, mental acuity, and physical speeds (Mainly by temporarily allowing you to ignore limits on your muscles, though not to the extent that the Gates can do). The samurai spends many years learning this before they are ever allowed to wield a real sword. See Shimazu clan for more details on that.

I'd also like you to add that you can only turn off 'enraged' if it's self inflicted. Though, the samurai might have trained themselves to fly into a rage (Which many did not do anyway), they wouldn't be as trained against outside influences, like Genjutsu manipulating their rage.

Raising the number of attacks with a medium weapon per turn is a big no-no. Weapons are very close to broken already, raising their base damage like that is highly unbalancing. Please come up with a different way to power up your attacks. Possibly allow them to make double the attacks at x damage, where x is the level of the weapon.

In addition, the samurai may make double the attacks at x damage, where x is the level of the weapon.

The damage of what exactly? You're saying the character has twice as many attacks?

Basic attacks with the weapon only, no jutsu. I believe that is what Cntr meant when he suggested I change it to this version, yes. The base damage of the attack is equal to the weapon's level, rather than it's normal base damage.