Eechi-go

Sokuryokudo:.

.:Sokuryokudo [Eternal Acceleration]:.

(Advanced System)
"Now, I understand how the council of Kumogakure no Sato feels about experimenting on a select race of people, or, to put it in better terms, those whom possess genetic mutations. However, I feel as if the Sokudo have an incredible power that would be foolish not to tap into. As anyone who has run great distances here knows, and I am certain all you fine ninja have, you'll notice that the muscles in your legs quickly contract once you've reached your limit, forcing you to slow down and rest. This is not the case with the Sokudo. Unlike normal humans, I've noticed that their muscles never suffer under increased friction, nor do their muscles ever become tired. From simply studying them, I've come to the conclusion that they are constantly pumping adrenaline to their legs, giving them an eternal ‘fight or flight' instinct that's imprinted into their genes. This is a very interesting development, as I'm sure you can all see. I implore you all, I simply wish to run a few...experiments on these people, and if we're lucky, I might just be able to harness their boundless energy, and create the ultimate power source. Thank you for your time, gentlemen.”
-Lynx of the Scientific Development Department of the NCIA

.:Toko Yakushin [Endless Dash]:.

The most easily recognized symptom of the Sokuryokudo gene, the Toko Yakushin is what the Sokudo are known the most for. Due to the Sokudo's overactive ‘fight or flight' instinct, adrenaline is constantly flowing into the muscles that would allow them to increase their velocity over a long-term setting. Their muscles do not tire or wear down, resembling an effect of one of the Celestial Gates when activated. The clan member can continue accelerating, even to the point where they'd begin to suffer bodily harm from the g-force speeds at which they move at. The clan member can reach speeds up to about 150% their normal running speed before friction builds up around the ninja, beginning to burn their skin off. This side-affect can only wear off if the user comes to a complete stop, but that itself has it's own repercussions.

Restrictions:
-Cannot have ‘Sealed Taijutsu‘ or ‘Poor Stamina Manipulation‘.
-This bloodline cannot be stolen under any circumstances.

Notice:
Any skill, jutsu, and/or ability that would effectively increase the users speed may still be applied, but may not break the 1.5x base speed max as per the normal rules. Once up to this point, the users speed may only be increased further through the use of this bloodline, and by this bloodline alone unless specifically stated otherwise.

Rank Requirements:

1 – Membership
2 – Level 15
3 – Chuunin Rank
4 – Jounin Rank

Rank 1: Upon the activation of this bloodline, the ninja gains +5 to their speed stat. Each turn that passes, this ninja receives double said bonus they had received on their previous turn. If the ninja‘s speed stat would ever pass 1.5x it‘s original base, the ninja enters ‘Critical Friction‘ While in this state, the ninja receives 10% of their speed stat as damage to their health each turn. If the ninja wishes to stop this effect, they must come to a complete stop, leaving them vulnerable for 1 turn, in addition to losing all of their bonuses. Cannot exceed 2x the user's base speed. 10% Stamina per turn upkeep. (-1)
Rank 2: Upon the activation of this bloodline, the ninja gains +10 to their speed stat. Each turn that passes, this ninja receives double said bonus they had received on their previous turn. If the ninja‘s speed stat would ever pass 1.5x it‘s original base, the ninja enters ‘Critical Friction‘ While in this state, the ninja receives 10% of their speed stat as damage to their health each turn.If the ninja wishes to stop this effect, they must come to a complete stop, leaving them vulnerable for 1 turn, in addition to losing all of their bonuses. Cannot exceed 2x the user's base speed. 8% Stamina per turn upkeep(-2)
Rank 3: Upon the activation of this bloodline, the ninja gains +15 to their speed stat. Each turn that passes, this ninja receives double said bonus they had received on their previous turn. If the ninja‘s speed stat would ever pass 1.5x it‘s original base, the ninja enters ‘Critical Friction‘ While in this state, the ninja receives 10% of their speed stat as damage to their health each turn. If the ninja wishes to stop this effect, they must come to a complete stop, leaving them vulnerable for 1 turn, in addition to losing all of their bonuses. Cannot exceed 2x the user's base speed. 6% Stamina per turn upkeep (-3)
Rank 4: Upon the activation of this bloodline, the ninja gains +20 to their speed stat. Each turn that passes, this ninja receives double said bonus they had received on their previous turn. If the ninja‘s speed stat would ever pass 1.5x it‘s original base, the ninja enters ‘Critical Friction‘ While in this state, the ninja receives 10% of their speed stat as damage to their health each turn. If the ninja wishes to stop this effect, they must come to a complete stop, leaving them vulnerable for 1 turn, in addition to losing all of their bonuses. Cannot exceed 2x the user's base speed. 4% Stamina per turn upkeep (-4)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.:Zensenfuraito [Fight and Flight]:.

With oversensitive instincts comes not only offensive capabilities, but defensive as well. Probably the most well hidden secret of the Sokudo is their Zensenfuraito. As the clan member increases their velocity, their awareness also increases, as well as their instinctive ticks that allow them to avoid incoming threats. This ability has been hardwired into the clan members brain, working in conjunction with the Toko Yakushin in order to ensure the member's survivability rate. This ability is passive, however, and still manages to affect the clan member, even if they aren't moving constantly.

Rank Requirements:

1 – Level 15; Rank 1 of Toko Yakushin
2 – Chuunin Rank; Rank; Rank 2 of Toko Yakushin
3 – Jounin Rank ; Rank 3 of Toko Yakushin
4 – Level 65; Rank 4 of Toko Yakushin

Rank 1: For each 100 points in this ninja‘s speed, the ninja also gains an additional 1% to Dodge all incoming non-genjutsu attacks. Cannot exceed 1.5x user's base evasion modifier. (-1)
Rank 2: For each 100 points in this ninja‘s speed, the ninja also gains an additional 2% to Dodge all incoming non-genjutsu attacks. Cannot exceed user's 1.5x base evasion modifier. (-2)
Rank 3: For each 100 points in this ninja‘s speed, the ninja also gains an additional 3% to Dodge all incoming non-genjutsu attacks. Cannot exceed user's 1.5x base evasion modifier. (-3)
Rank 4: For each 100 points in this ninja‘s speed, the ninja also gains an additional 4% to Dodge all incoming non-genjutsu attacks. Cannot exceed user's 1.5x base evasion modifier. (-4)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.:Kaen Senku [blaze Runner]:.

As the Sokudo increase speeds 150% over their typical running speed, they begin building up an intense amount of friction around their body, leaving a layer of flames surrounding them, harming them and any other who dare touch them in this state. This state is known to the clan as ‘Critical Friction'. Resembling the ‘Wonder Gate' of the Celestial Gates, the user can essentially run in circles around their opponent, a blazing aura ensnaring them within a flaming cage. The idea of this ability is to continue pushing the clan member's speed to the limit, increasing the blaring flames until they reach their highest possible peak. Though this branch of the bloodline isn't used very often, there are quite a few daredevils within the clan who will willingly put themselves in danger in order to finish a scuffle. Once mastering this branch, the ninja gain certain immunities to the long term effects this branch may have.

Rank Requirements:

1 – Level 15; Rank 1 of Toko Yakushin
2 – Level 30 Rank; Rank 2 of Toko Yakushin
3 – Level 60 ; Rank 3 of Toko Yakushin
4 – Level 75; Rank 4 of Toko Yakushin

Rank 1: While in the state ‘Critical Friction‘, the ninja deals an additional 5% damage to the opponent while using all forms of basic attacks, weapon attacks, taijutsu, and close range ninjutsu. Also, when the opponent comes into physical contact with this ninja through means of basic attacks, weapon attacks, taijutsu, and close range ninjutsu, they receive 5% damage of the attack they had just preformed. So long as the ninja has this skill, they take 2% less damage from being in ‘Critical Friction‘. (-2)
Rank 2: While in the state ‘Critical Friction‘, the ninja deals an additional 10% damage to the opponent while using all forms of basic attacks, weapon attacks, taijutsu, and close range. Also, when the opponent comes into physical contact with this ninja through means of basic attacks, weapon attacks, taijutsu, and certain ninjutsu, they receive 10% damage of the attack they had just preformed. So long as the ninja has this skill, they take 4% less damage from being in ‘Critical Friction‘. (-2)
Rank 3: While in the state ‘Critical Friction‘, the ninja deals an additional 15% damage to the opponent while using all forms of basic attacks, weapon attacks, taijutsu, and close range ninjutsu. Also, when the opponent comes into physical contact with this ninja through means of basic attacks, weapon attacks, taijutsu, and close range ninjutsu, they receive 15% damage of the attack they had just preformed. So long as the ninja has this skill, they take 6% less damage from being in ‘Critical Friction‘. (-3)
Rank 4: While in the state ‘Critical Friction‘, the ninja deals an additional 20% damage to the opponent while using all forms of basic attacks, weapon attacks, taijutsu, and close range ninjutsu. Also, when the opponent comes into physical contact with this ninja through means of basic attacks, weapon attacks, taijutsu, and close range ninjutsu, they receive 20% damage of the attack they had just preformed. So long as the ninja has this skill, they take 8% less damage from being in ‘Critical Friction‘. (-3)

Edited by Cellar Door
Editted In Accordance With New Advanced System Rules

Slow down there Azure.

For terms of balance and fairness I don't understand why, like every other bloodline or bonus, that the cap on effect isn't to '1.5x' base stat. So if the base stat gave +100% to dodge, they would at most gain an additional 50% bonus.

Double post, just making a note.

Rather than just resubmitting one part of the bloodline, I decided to resubmit the whole thing. There were things I noticed that were never mentioned in the original (like an upkeep? how the hell did I forget/no one noticed an upkeep wasn't put up there).

In any case, now that the bloodline has a clear upkeep, it's more balanced out.

Not to nit-pick, but with .:Kaen Senku [blaze Runner]:., I'm thinking the 'automatic damage' needs to be re-worded. Whenever I attempted at making damage result from receiving damage in similar ways, it was counted as 'auto hit' and had to be changed to 'having a CHANCE to do damage when...'

Aka: Might have to change that to "X% chance (enemy roll) to receive 20% of that damage"

Not to nit-pick, but with .:Kaen Senku [blaze Runner]:., I'm thinking the 'automatic damage' needs to be re-worded. Whenever I attempted at making damage result from receiving damage in similar ways, it was counted as 'auto hit' and had to be changed to 'having a CHANCE to do damage when...'

Aka: Might have to change that to "X% chance (enemy roll) to receive 20% of that damage"

Well since you need to come into contact with an enemy who is completely on fire...there isn't really a 'chance' for the flames to touch them.

I mean, long range attacks don't provoke the damage, so it's not an auto hit unless you're using close range taijutsu only, or close range ninjutsu.

Rather than go through all the trouble of retyping my grievances here, I decided to simply copy and paste a few key points from a conversation I had with Eechi-go just a few minutes ago.

XvMaelstromvX (12:23:19 AM): The Sokudo have an upkeep cost now?

Ckwhy425 (12:23:37 AM): Yeaaaah, I figured if I didn't pull it out, it'd get slammed like [bLANK'S] mom

XvMaelstromvX (12:24:25 AM): Not at all, really. I mean, once their Speed increases past a certain point, they're taking damage.

XvMaelstromvX (12:24:46 AM): And to deactivate the bloodline, they're vulnerable.

XvMaelstromvX (12:25:02 AM): So they're just sitting ducks for one Response Phase.

XvMaelstromvX (12:25:33 AM): And on top of that, they lose any bonus they [previously] had.

Ckwhy425 (12:26:23 AM): If the bloodline couldn't exceed 1.5, of course

XvMaelstromvX (12:27:10 AM): Indeed, but once they break that 1.5x mark, you're taking X% damage.

XvMaelstromvX (12:29:13 AM): Even if that's 2% thanks to the skills, that's still 40 damage a turn at 2,000 Speed. Factor in the possibility of multiples turns over your opponent, and you're looking at a possible 120 damage before the enemies next action.

XvMaelstromvX (12:29:35 AM): That's more of a penalty than any other bloodline incurs just to stay active.

Did you read through the previous post at all..? :glare:

No other bloodline has such strict downsides while active, hence why an upkeep cost is usually necessary.

With this, you're taking Health damage every turn your Speed exceeds 1.5x its base, and to deactivate this effect you have to sacrifice a Response Phase--not really something you'd normally like to do in the heat of battle.

Did you read through the previous post at all..? :glare:

No other bloodline has such strict downsides while active, hence why an upkeep cost is usually necessary.

With this, you're taking Health damage every turn your Speed exceeds 1.5x its base, and to deactivate this effect you have to sacrifice a Response Phase--not really something you'd normally like to do in the heat of battle.

To "Activate" something by large requires a "Cost". So far as I'm concerned (or as anyone should be, I think), the fact that you can exceed x1.5 base is privilege enough. If anything, the Health damage *has* to be there to make it reasonable by any measure. Again, losing a response phase isn't likely the 'end of the world', especially so far as this bloodline's activation being a choice goes.

Other penalties could be incurred; take for example the Sharingan causing blindness? Most of it is flavor. Other parts of it is hard mechanics. Most bloodlines don't have exceptional costs because they don't 'break typical rules' very often.

As is the case by breaking the x1.5 Base stat

May I point out that by working with speed not only are you prone to easily get a few turns often over the opponent but it will probably take some time to reach that fabled 1.5x base. then as you climb the ladder and get in to critical friction you also get a bonus of damage (please clarify either base or after mods Eech) and you can decrease the amount of damage you take. Plus you get an evasion bonus on top of this. There is a need for an upkeep, if a bloodline is too strong but also has a huge drawback it needs to be scaled down or it will get out of hand. That's part of the 7.0 balance we're trying to fix. :x

And only when it exceeds that much. So, what about up until that point? Yes, they have a deactivation negative, but that doesn't excuse the blank space of free bonuses. Not to mention that the HP damage upon yourself also converts into damage onto the enemy with the third tier of the bloodline. Sprinkle that with the fact that this can be used with the gates AND it grants an absurd amount of evasion at higher levels* **, and I'd say that the additional cost is at least fair.

*Absurd in the context that you're already going to have incredible speed, so you'll be firing off multiple attacks per one or two that the opponent gets on you. Even worse that it now adds extra cost to those wanting to block the multiple attacks. Let's not forget that there are also skills out there that let speed modify certain genres of techniques.

**This evasion bonus should be taken to even greater consideration, given that the gates may be used in conjunction and thereby grant even -more- evasion(Plus speed, which converts into evasion).

Further, it's only logical that extreme speeds would take some amount of stamina to sustain. Personally, I think that the stamina bonus is a great balancer.

EDIT: Beaten to the punch. >->;

Edited by Hardcore Skittlez

Just a note. I'll be staying out of this discussion in order to maintain neutrality, for it is obvious which I'd prefer. I'd like to see multiple opinions being put in place before I change anything.

EDIT @ Azure; It was supposed to be after modifiers, or else basic attacks would just get screwed over. Unless that's an issue?

Edited by Eechi-go

Query:

Notice:

Any skill, jutsu, and/or ability that would effectively increase the users speed may still be applied, but may not break the 1.5x base speed max as per the normal rules. Once up to this point, the users speed may only be increased further through the use of this bloodline, and by this bloodline alone unless specifically stated otherwise.

Does this mean if you achieve 1.5x base stat through other means, then the bloodline continues to apply after that?

And second query regarding I think the first line of the bloodline, when did it become generally acceptable that stats could be doubled? I thought the fairness cap was at 1.5x? [Plox show me if this changed while I was away, still getting into the swing of things]

Answer; Yes, basically. It was just something I was asked to place in there as a notice, but I didn't see why it had to be noted in the first place.

As for your second question, generally we don't allow past 1.5x a base stat. However, by going past 1.5x, the ninja begins to take a certain % of their speed as damage towards their health depending on their rank in other branches of the bloodline. It was designed that way so the bloodline would be balanced by the potential risk factor. (I found in lower levels, staying in the critical friction for more than one turn will cause you to K.O. yourself due to the sheer amount of damage you'll recieve.)

Shutting the bloodline off also forces the ninja to become vulnerable, which is something else I had added in hopes it would balance out the stat exceeding the norm.

Edited by Eechi-go

Ah hah. That makes more sense. I mean I feel uncomfortable for accepting a double bonus for anyone but if generally the admin accept it then I guess it's OK.

As for the notice though it doesn't sit well with me generally, I mean if the double stat increase is allowed then as I said that that's OK but the fact that the notice as I read it implies that this bloodline surmounts the restriction in the Eight Gates that bloodline's shut off or something then that's not cool.

--

Besides that I have two points I think:

I think that the primary branch of the bloodline may be under costed [skill point wise] because I'm looking at the bonus of this branch with the one that gives you +% to dodge when you have high speed. I like the concept and as a whole it's perfectly fine, but then I find that -2 all around is too cheap. I'm thinking, -1,-2,-3,-4 for ranks 1 to 4 in branch 1, overall increasing the cost by 2 SP.

Then as far as the bonus +% goes I think it ends up being too high [not sure]. Suggestion for ranks 1-4? 200 Speed = +1%, 200 Speed = +2%, 200 Speed = 3%, 200 Speed = +4%. I think I'm limiting it to intervals of 200 because obviously the whole bloodline revolves around Speed which is cool, and they have intertwined benefits which is also cool, but the intertwined benefit is too frequent/high at intervals of 100. Though it could remain the same but then I think the SP cost should go up, at intervals of 200 I think it's fairer and costs the same.

When it comes to the last branch, where's 'Critical Friction' so I can understand this wholly, or did I miss it?

That's a seperate skill, not the bloodline itself. Generally, the idea was that it wouldn't really make sense for the gates to override the bloodline, when logically they should work together due to the fact that most of the power of the bloodline comes from the ninja's adrenaline. That can be debated upon in said skill later though, since it's seperate from this.

I don't mind altering the first branch to what you suggested, I'll go about doing that now.

I'd ask to not change the second branch due to the fact that I had already weakened it by half it's original effect (Which used to give bonuses at 5%/10%/15%/20% to fit the old accuracy and evasion ratios, where as this gives 1%/2%/3%/4%, which is half that since evasion and accuracy's new ratio gives out 2%, which means if I had followed the original formula, it would have been 2%/4%/6%/8%.).

Critical friction is in the ability of the first branch of the bloodline, it's happens when the ninja exceeds 1.5X their base speed. They catch fire and begin to suffer 10% of their speed as damage every turn. The third branch of the bloodline is an attempt to master friction that overtakes the user, and attempt to grant an immunity to it by doing less damage to the user as they delve down the branch.

A hah. Sidenote then, I can understand logic in the bloodline surmounting the Gates but I think in fairnesss, which trumps logic in the system, the Gates should still override.

--

OK then. Looking closer at Critical Friction. It's obvious that this is a real big balancing part of the bloodline.

I always have the idea that bloodlines are basically terrible at lower ranks and improve over time. And dually I think that the lower ranks of branch 1, the Critical Friction damage should actually be higher, still ending off with 10%. Like, 25%, 20%, 15%, 10%. Really weak first ranks, that's how I see it.

Then at the upper echelons that's where we see the real effect of bloodlines, even here. But I think with Critical Friction being such a big balancing part, at the final tier taking only 2% Critical Friction is too low. Whatever it starts at I think the final tier should result in 5% CF damage being taken. So.. basically, if you were to implement the suggestions above, then at each rank in the final branch would mean '5% less damage is taken from CF.'

Thoughts?