wolfnin

The Usuakari Clan

(ooc: Best viewed in a skin that does not have a white or bright background.)

~The Usuakari Clan~

"Either you control the darkness, or the darkness engulfs your heart."

Clan Village:

Amegakure no sato

Clan Starter:

Presumed to be Usuakari Nanao

Clan Head:

The clan is run by a council. In order to become a council member, you must be considered a senior clansman. The council deals with all clan affairs and interclan affairs involving the Usuakari. They are in charge of what goes on in the estates and appoint future council members. The exact number of Usuakari shinobi on the Council is unknown, but it is estimated to be around 6 at all times.

Clan Age and Status:

The exact age of the Usuakari is unkown. Their first appearance was seen around 300 years ago, but the clan was not officially noticed until 100 years ago. They are unknown to most of the world, except to those who live in Ame no Kuni and others who are knowledgeable in clan history. The Usuakari have been considered to be a strange clan. Now, they are more understood and are not considered as strange, but the Usuakari clan is mostly still left alone.

Clan Element:

Dark

Clan Emblem:

light_and_dark__final_edit_by_ember.jpg

(Just the blue and the white and black swords are the clan emblem. Ignore the gray background.)

Bloodline:

Clan History:

It is said that within all living things there is light and darkness. In order to create perfect balance both are intermixed and create perfect harmony. Of course, that is just a legend. There is another legend that says that all hearts are born in darkness, and that some must find their way to light, control the darkness, or they will be consumed by the darkness that lies within them. Legends passed on by people of the old. Some of those legends though, are true.

The Usuakari clan, the clan of darkness. The beginnings of the clan are unkown, but Usuakari Nanao is said to be its founder. A young girl with a fascination for darkness. 100 years later, after the development of the shinobi countries, a new clan had risen in Ame no Kuri. This clan was called the Usuakari clan. They were believed to be decedents of Usuakari Nanao, but that is unconfirmed. The clan had created an estates located within Amegakure, sealed off by a black wall that guarded the clan estates.

The Usuakari clan throughout their years of existance have been known for their use of dark jutsus, and something much more dark. A bloodline which unlocked the darkness in their hearts, once released the darkness began to engulf the shinobi and their hearts. Some shinobi fell to their own darkness, due to greed, selfishness, lust for power. The clan sealed away by its black walls were ignored by the majority of Amegakure.

It seemed that the Usuakari clan had fallen into darkness, but as with all darkness there is a light hidden deep inside it. Usuakari Sayun, a genius born in the Usuakari clan. Sayun was a warm-hearted and carefree child, kind to most and loyal to his friends and family. Unfortunately, the darkness within him had been unlocked and spread throughout his body. As Sayun became older, it began to engulf him, and eat away at his heart. Sayun though, refused to let the darkness take control of him. After countless times of struggling against his darkness, and for the love of his girlfriend, Sayun was able to find the light in his heart and control his darkness.

The dark powers of the Usuakari clan no longer destroyed Sayun. With the ability to control his darkness, he could use it's power without repercussions. Around the same time, a few others had begun controlling the darkness within them as well. Some controlled the darkness for individual reasons, some for the fascination of the dark, and others finding the light inside of them. Sayun along with those who were able to control their darkness formed the beggining of the Usuakari council, replacing the clan head. Unaffected by the tainting of the darkness, they worked towards building a better relationship with the Amegakure village.

The Usuakari clan were unaffected by the Kumogakure war. Being located in Amegakure, they were safe from invasion. Some shinobi from their clan left to join the NCIA or resistance to aid in the fighting. Others moved to help the villages captured by the NCIA to reclaim their freedom. As for now the Usuakari clan continues to improve their relationship with others around them. Those whom remained in Amegakure aiding constantly sending messages for Usuakari shinobi to return home.

Clan Skils:

Clan Jutsu:

Genin

Chunin

Tajuu Otori Rank 2 (Multiple Decoy Rank 2)

Type: Genjutsu[Dark; Usuakari clan]

Cost: 50x chakra

Damage: N/A

Effects: Oppenent's accuracy is decreased by 40 for every decoy created (x=number of decoys). Decoy is automatically destroyed whenever an incoming attack misses. Maximum of 3 decoys can remain on the field at the same time. If decoy is destroyed by a close-range melee or taijutsu attack, opponent is distracted for 1 turn.

Description: A valuable genjutsu in battle, the Usuakari clan have taken it a step higher. A black chakra engulfs the user completely hiding them from opponent's view, and then creates exact illusionary replicas of the user. These replicas are more active, and are constantly moving around and/or yelling at the opponent. If one of these are destroyed, they create an explosion sound and create an illusion of black energy waves scattering in all directions, having a tendency to distract their assailant.

Jounin

Tajuu Otori Rank 3 (Multiple Decoy Rank 3)

Cost: 64x chakra

Effects: Oppenent's accuracy is decreased by 60 for every decoy created (x=number of decoys). Decoy is automatically destroyed whenever an incoming attack misses. Maximum of 5 decoys can remain on the field at the same time. If decoy is destroyed by a close-range melee or taijutsu attack, opponent is distracted for 1 turn.

Description: A more powerful version of this genjutsu. As usual a black chakra engulfs the user completely hiding them from opponent's view, and then creates exact illusionary replicas of the user. These replicas are more than just look-a-likes, they retain the exact personality of the creator and have a tendency to stay near their creator, copying the user's every move exactly. If the user attacks, these clones attack (though they do not cause any damage); the user dodges they dodge. These replicas make it extremely difficult to tell the original user apart for some. If one of these are destroyed, they create an explosion sound and create an illusion of black energy waves scattering in all directions, having a tendency to distract their assailant.

Senin

Tajuu Otori Rank 4 (Multiple Decoy Rank 4)

Cost: 80x chakra

Effects: Oppenent's accuracy is decreased by 80 for every decoy created (x=number of decoys). Decoy is automatically destroyed whenever an incoming attack misses. Maximum of 10 decoys can remain on the field at the same time. If decoy is destroyed by a close-range melee or taijutsu attack, opponent is distracted for 1 turn. User is tired for 2 turn.

Description: The highest level of this technique. Per the norm, black chakra engulfs the user completely hiding them from opponent's view, and then creates exact illusionary replicas of the user. These replicas retain the exact personality of the creator and have a tendency to stay near their creator, copying the user's every move exactly. If the user attacks, these clones attack (though they do not cause any damage); the user dodges they dodge. These replicas make it extremely difficult to tell the original user apart for some, due to their exact mimicry and shear numbers. If one of these are destroyed, they create an explosion sound and create an illusion of black energy waves scattering in all directions, having a tendency to distract their assailant. Due to the amount of chakra and effort poured into these replicas, the user is tired for a bit.

Important Clan members:

Edited by wolfnin

Well I guess I'll just have to wait for the other staff opinions.

Like I said it's an idea, so feel free to point out what's wrong and stuff. Also, I'd like some comments on the history, any problems?

Edited by wolfnin

I don't know... if I like the history or not. It was interesting, but I don't know if I find it plausible or not. Honestly, I don't find a lot in Naruto plausible, but we always strive for the level of continuity on NA absent in a lot of Naruto-based RP's. If you want some help with this after you receive a more complete staff verdict, hit me up via PM//AIM//MSN

Edited by Cellar Door

Honestly I don't see a problem. First off, it's not like this clan automatically gets to use light and dark techniques. Also, you can only use one or the other. (See bloodline for reference.) I know light/dark techniques have never really been accepted in NA, but I'd like you guys to give an open though to this.

For my own reference, as I consider myself still getting up to date, when/where was this motion decided?

Edit:

Done a bit of my own research and it appears you must be mistaken Rei.

[Link]

Here with have a Light element clan created by a staff member and ratified by Admin.

Edited by Nappers

No worries Eechi, wasn't saying anything about the Clan, I'm fine with it. It was just an example that Light based clans are acceptable, as well are other combinatorial elemental clans.

So in this case I can't and won't deny this clan based on it being Light based, based on precedent, I was fine with them anyway.

It's not that they aren't acceptable, it's just that we have about 4 or 5 I think?

We decided that a number like that is already a considerable amount of families with utter mastery over the most difficult element to produce, and that it was beginning to get out of hand, that's all. So we began restricting it to those that were made already.

Though, certain members have become inactive, which means some of those clans technically can no longer exist if we want to make room.

So far in NA, I've only seen two/three light clans.(Never seen a dark clan.) Wukong/Namikaze and Daikomichi. The Daikomichi also no longer exist.

"Because people have been asking me about joining this clan, I will put this disclaimer here and end it. This clan is RETIRED. Please do not request to join it, I will not allow it. Thank you." ~Arachanox

So really one more light/dark clan shouldn't be an issue. If you guys want, I have no problem limiting the number of PCs.

Well technically they're not in control of both or at least the shinobi. Due to the bloodline you can have dark, but can't use light jutsus or you can have light, but can't use dark. So they don't have full control of both elements, although I understand your point Azure.

Edited by wolfnin

I think what Azure is getting at is that the clan will have more continuity if it is just one element of the two. I would suggest going with dark myself.

Also, the main concern I have with multiple high end clans like this, or really with any high end element clan is that they usually get access to the element for a fraction of the SP.

Ok, well "Mechanically" this looks better, but you need to re read your description and history. You say...

"The beginnings of the clan are unkown,"

but then go on to IN DETAIL describe exactly how the clan starts. You need to decide if your history is going to be mysterious or just factual. When you fall in the middle it just seems very... kidish? idk, I just get the feeling I am like watching "Are You Afraid Of The Dark" where they try and make not scary things into scary things. Its like that, but with mystery.

First and foremost, Are You Afraid Of The Dark was the best part of Nickelodeon during that era. C'mon, c'mon... who actually watched Clarissa Explains It All or Doug?

[Note; Younger members will be confused by this.]

Also, your history may be subject to change if you choose Ame No Kuni as the clan's homeland. The history of events in that country is left open, and Exodus has yet to divulge much information about what he plans.

Are you afraid of the dark was indeed better than doug, but dont knock doug it was ballin xD *Honk honk*

So a question, why couldn't a clan member choose one or the other? I didn't think limiting it to just Dark gave it -more- flavor?

Edited by Tsu