Aberacht

Woman President Or Black President?

Woman Pres. Versus Black Pres.  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you vote for?

• Hillary Clinton (first woman president)
    • Barack Obama (first black president)
    • Someone else
    • Frylock
    • Arashi

Link.

Read the news, and check your politics. Coming in the 2008 Presidental election, we could have a black, or even a woman president!

On the female side, we have Hillary Clinton, with supposed millions of dollars and much publicity.

Then we have African American Barack Obama, who has little experience but INCREDIBLE popularity.

Who would you vote for if you could (or if you can, who will you vote for)?

Debate on who should win, here:

|

V

Edited by Arashi

Obama. He has genuine charisma. He doesn't step on anyone's toes, he is not likely to be overly left or right, and he also might bridge/sort of halt the problems that many middle eastern countries have with us, because he's Muslim.

However, I don't agree with someone being voted for because they're a minority, or someone throwing that around. We're all people, and it's you that cause the problem with it in most cases, by focusing on it.

Edited by Warr

I'd vote myself into the chair, but it seems America isn't too keen on letting me do it. In the end, political apathy is a burden that I bear, and I could care less. There are ups and downs to either of them being elected, and personally, I'd rather see how it turns out without thinking too deeply into the matter. ; )

Wow, this topic already has 4 replies and three more people looking at it. Talk about publicity.

Well, personally, I think that white men have screwed up the nation's politics for far too long. Hillary or Obama would be a good choice in my opinion, but I think that Hillary would be influenced by her...connections. Obama's my choice.

Oh and Rei, this is not to anger any race, sex, or anything like that. I am just stating the facts.

Edited by Arachanox

Obama hands down

cause race and gender are issues in america

Only because people are idiots and make it that way by saying they are mistreated and citing that as a reason.

Obama still has my support until I see another good candidate.

I also hear that Condoleezaza-however-you-spell-her-name Rice is running...she'd break both records at the same time. Unfortunately, she was pro-Iraq, so she wouldn't get many votes.

Aren't American elections usually Party over Person?

American politics are usually so screwed up that by the time someone learns who the good choice to vote for is elections are over. So they choose their favorite party.

Edited by Arachanox

Aren’t American elections usually Party over Person?

Yes, and Obama and Clinton are both democrats, so it'll be one or the other that is put forth as their candidate.

Rice will not be elected, no way. She would not even be put forth by the Republicans as their candidate.

American politics are usually so screwed up that by the time someone learns who the good choice to vote for is elections are over. So they choose their favorite party.

Not true. They're very easy to understand if you pay attention. People also happen to vote like that because many are very sheep-like, and/or gullible, and actually believe that one party is better than the other. Most Americans don't pay attention to the stances of a politician on a subject, they look at the party and assume that the politician is a tool of the party, instead of what they should be, a leader.

[---->Rantdone]

Edited by Warr

Yes, and Obama and Clinton are both democrats, so it'll be one or the other that is put forth as their candidate.

Rice will not be elected, no way. She would not even be put forth by the Republicans as their candidate.

That's a relief. I'm not so sure i'd want a pro-Iraq in the White House.

*NOTSUBTLECOUGH* bush *NOTSUBTLECOUGH*

Edited by Arachanox

That's a relief. I'm not so sure i'd want a pro-Iraq in the White House.

*NOTSUBTLECOUGH* bush *NOTSUBTLECOUGH*

Which translates to you being a sheep, and believing everything the media feeds you. They focus on the bad things, not the good. Draw your own conclusions. Also realize that casualties happen in power conflicts. The American Revolution, War of 1812, Mexican-American War, Spanish-American War, etc. War happens. The fact is the military is there to protect the nation and it's interests, and the American Military at the moment is a VOLUNTEER FORCE. Everyone going and dying in Iraq signed up to join the military of their own free will, and such.

I'd rather have a politician that doesn't hide the truth of what they mean in office and not.

Ha! I'd love to see Condi make it in to the White House. If it came down to a Condi vs. Hillary election (which I think would be awesome) Condi would sooo win. XP

But, if she doesn't opt to be a candidate, I'm going with my lovely Republican Senator from Kansas, Sam Brownback. He's got party support from 10 states thus far, so we'll see how it goes.

*poke* arachanox! They mentioned your favorite war!

Anyways..I'm not much of a voter...I hate politics. I hate how candidates these days spend more time making their opponents look bad than trying to win over people..hell..I won a school election with a 4 sentence speech...and none of it was negative towards anyone! If politicians ran and campaigned with the right attitude...I'd be more into politics...

FYI, I SO think I might go live in the UK when I grow up..americas leaders suck eggs.

Guest islandonthesun
*poke* arachanox! They mentioned your favorite war!

Anyways..I'm not much of a voter...I hate politics. I hate how candidates these days spend more time making their opponents look bad than trying to win over people..hell..I won a school election with a 4 sentence speech...and none of it was negative towards anyone! If politicians ran and campaigned with the right attitude...I'd be more into politics...

FYI, I SO think I might go live in the UK when I grow up..americas leaders suck eggs.

If you think it sucks. Vote or get politically active other ways.

*Thinks* Lets look at the facts, how liberal is America? The population that is? Let me say this, the black person most likely won't win because as America goes, the majority of America won't stand for an African American person as President, for them I believe it is the lesser of two evils. So me thinks someone else will win if it comes down to some people. =/ iono if you understand me but what I'm saying is America is some kind of racist country.