MAC

Place Your Vote!

OBAMA or MCAIN  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you want as your president?

• Obama
    • Mcain
    • ...a crazed monkey........

yeah, i know this is a typical question, but I'd like to know your reasons behind your answers... Do not feel obliged to express your opinion, unless you feel compelled to do so personally. I, myself, will not change my view of you as a person if you put something stupid... it's okay! I hope this topic is alright as long as it doesn't get out of hand like every other one..................ANYWAYS... have fun and keep it clean!

Edited by MAC

It's not so much that I don't like McCain, it's that under NO CIRCUMSTANCE can Palin be president. I don't care if McCain gets shot, has a heart attack, whatever.... Palin would be the worst president ever.

I totally agree with that idea. I, in no sense, would put Sarah Palin in office. I don't think she is ready just yet, but she seems to be somewhat aware of this nations affairs and do believe that McCain picked her for a reason, so yeah... good point Baramosa.

Edited by MAC

To be honest, I don't like either of them all too much. Obama keeps talking of change, yet isn't all too spesific about WHAT he wants to change. As for McCain, he harps too much about his imprisonment, it's become annoying now. Just because he was a good soldier does not mean he'll be a good leader. Besides, he seems to be Bush MK 2, and we just don't need that right now.

I feel as if we're going to lose something either way.

I'm and Obama-Biden man myself, though both candidates have their downsides. In the first presidential debate, McCain stated that due to the economy he would cut budgeting for almost all federal programs except Foriegn Policy, Military, and Oil basically. I feel as if that's going in a direction America shouldn't be moving towards as our presence in the Middle-East, to me, is completely without legallity and without real reason. By staying there we promote hatred, in my belief, as we are forcing ourselves on people. That money we're spending overseas needs to be brought back home and be used the right way.

Oh and dont even get me started about Palin. To even think about putting that woman in the position to be the most powerful person in the free world is upsurd and completely ludicrious, but I don't want to go there..

Wow, and you wonder FMD why people dislike you..

Of course I say that in good fun.

HIS NAME IS MILKY TITS.

• I voted for Obama. Just 'cause, you know? =]

Edited by Michiru

We are biased though. It seems that the majority of internet users are liberal, because you don't see too many moral-upholding-traditionalist-Christians wandering around the 'net, especially not playing fictional role playing games about ninjas from Japan.

For the record, I'm Centrist with Republican tendencies, but I disagree with McCain's biggest platform ideal: the war. So I'm pro-Obama.

Edited by Arachanox

A lot of Obama's steam comes from the fact that he is an amazing public speaker. I don't say that to critisize him, though. I think he would do good for America.

As for McCain, all I've really heard of him are his campaign ads, and all they really seem to do is debase Barack and question his experience, as if he plans to win by crippling confidence in Barack and leaving only himself to vote for.

I could make a statement of my core beliefs and why I feel personally each candidate is wrong for me..... but to be honest its more fun to state all the reasons Ron Paul would have been a better choice for president.

First, any else hear of Ron Paul ^_^ Amazing. There's one house in North Smithfield dedicated for him to win 2008.

@FMD comment: Even though you might not have meant it in the way you did, or put it articulately, HELL YES LOOKS MATTER. To all of you who said "Oh wow, that's a shallow comment," think about it a second... Looks have a lot to do about who you vote for, well at least to the populace of America, you might be a psuedo-intellectual and say looks don't matter, but let me ask you this. If Obama showed up on a debate in jeans and a t-shirt, and McCain showed up in a suit... where would public interest suddenly shift to? OH yes, Obama wearing jeans, screw oil, wars, that guy is wearing jeans. No I'm not taking FMD's side, but just saying to all the people that want to sit on their high chairs and say only the ideas and policies matter, looks play around 50% of the game too.

As for who I am voting, Obama, he at least to me, is the American Dream, came from nowhere and is now on the road to becoming the President of the United States. Also the fact that it stands, Obama motto is Change, and what would cause the most Change, oh yes getting a black man into presidency. It would also show other countries that we are ready for change and having Obama represent us would more or less, improve our standings in other countries after Bush destroyed it, full force.

Obama is also amazing, what other candidate has been able to rally the 18-15ish demographic like he has, hell I registered to vote just so I could support Obama, yes his victory in California is a guaranteed one, but hell I'd like to be apart of his election. ANOTHER thing, that I highly support is the Obama tax/finacial choices, if we look at McCain he is giving the BIGGEST break to the RICHEST people, sure its a republican thing, but I like how he blankest that fact with the fact that he is giving tax cuts to all levels of income. Obama on the other hand is doing it how it should be done, tax the big, big and tax the little, little.

Obama 08' simply. Also McCain is a racist F*ck, calling my people gooks. Hell if I support that sh*t. Hey McCain, can you raise the roof please?

Edited by Seven

Obama’s medical policy seems to be more well thought out and passable, he also wants to end the war witch is a HUGE plus, and his taxing polices make some sense, though im worried to all hell what the economy’s doing right now, i don’t think either of them nor many other politician seem to have a good idea on how to fix it.

i don't mean to sound rude, but Palin needs to get gagged, what the hell was he thinking putting her as vice pres, i mean i get he wanted the woman's vote...but i don't think any ones voting for him because of her....

Ron Paul is interesting but i'm sad to say i don't think he stands much a chance.

Edited by Button

Also the choice in Palin is another thing I have to chime in on, there is NOTHING wrong with her at all, the fact is that she is plain, she is extra-ordinarily plain, she is like my mom or your aunt or something along those lines. BUT SHE IS THAT, plain, she has no outstanding qualities that show her worthy of VP position, and McCain did just get her to try and encourage/get more votes. Which is a bad call on his part, why? Well let's see, McCain's whole platform is some kind of sage wisdom he has, and he has experience and can make the right choices, but in hiring Palin that goes against his experience and choice. Ideally he should have picked someone that is worthy, competent and knowledgable of the position, but instead he picks up a no-name soccer mom from Alaska, and htus shows his lack of judgment.

Nothing against Palin, except she doesn't have the balls or experience to become our VP, plus if McCain kicks the bucket, we're going to be in deep shit if she is our President.

Believe it or not, I'm voting for McCain. Yea, a shocker (especially since I'm a registered dem). I believe McCain would be a good idea because he has an idea of what he's doing. Obama doesn't. At all. And his VP? Yea he's old and knows what he's doing, but he isn't running for president. Which is the case. Which person would be a better choice maker? Someone who is relativly new or someone who has grown with age and from that wisdom. One has to look at what they can do, not what they promise. In all reality, no one really does what they promise.

Obama has promised change, but alas he is one of people who caused our economical crisis. For those of you who don't know, he helped allow people who couldn't afford payment of a load to get a loan. Thus, when people give other people money that they can't get back, they don't make a profit. What happens when a company doesn't make enough profit? Thats right kids, they go out of business. WaMu is a classic example. They are known for giving loans to people because, well, they're a bank. But the people they gave money too couldn't afford to give them the payments needed, thus them losing a lot of money. So since he helped with this stupid idea, despite the fact several people said in the long run it's going to bite us in the ass, he still went with it with the ignorant idea that it won't.

And also, I believe Sarah Palin will do a good job as president should McCain die. Why? Because she's used to responsibility. Now, being from Alaska many people overlook the idea that she was a governer. Just because there are not that many people in Alaska doesn't mean she has any less responsibility. Unlike McCain, Obama, and Biden, she had to work. The other three men were/are members of the Senate, which is ok to not be in because there are a lot of people in the senate. You not being there won't harm anyone. However, if a governer doesn't show up for work, then there is no work done. As a governer, you are given a lot of stuff onto you that many people overlook. I believe the fact that McCain knows the ways of things and the fact that Palin is used to a lot of responsibility makes my vote for McPalin!

Edited by Cho Hakkai

So it looks like the debate is finished up, and I'd say it was good for both candidates. I can't really say Obama did well or McCain did poorly because I am indeed an Obama man, though from what I see in my own household, the undecided's are still undecided. I'm loving the fact that McCain made a run for it after the debate and Obama stayed.

And to say that Obama was at fault for the crisis at hand is going a bit far as both sides contributed. Oh, and I'm loving the way you said McPalin.. I'd like a McPalin and a fry.

I knew what I was saying with the looks comment. When I vote I look at who I would want to represent my country before anything else. I look at their dress their face, and their ideals. McCain, I seriously have watched him a lot, and for the life of me couldn't paint his picture in my mind. And I Have a decent photographic memory. He is plain. and He lost my vote when his campain started, and he said Why should I help the little people that are losing their homes? It is not the Government's fault they made bad deals. I saw that and said, "Well why do you think the economy sucks monkey nutz, cuz of all of the evictions from bad loans all over. And if you don't want to help with that then you don't want to help America.

Truth betold. I was going to vote Hilary idiotically for the sole-purpose of having the first women president. I didn't give a rat's a$% about her views or anything else. And no it wasn't because Bill banged that lady, and i want him back. (Chappelle said it best when when saying, "You know your awesome when you can sleep with someone once, and then they're famous.")

Obama I believe will win this election. On this site he has won already.

Edited by Full-metal Dragon

In Response to FMD: Why should he help the people who have made a bad desicion like getting loans they couldn't pay? There is a difference between making a decision based on ignorance and a desicion with knowing that you'll have almost no chance of paying it off or a hard time doing so. He is a tough person but believes in the fact that if you mess up on something that was well within your power, why should you be pitied? Are we in grade school where if you make a boo boo the teacher says "it's ok you can try again?" No. Because it wasn't their money and if they couldn't afford it, they shouldn't have taken it. The government cannot baby its country because if it does, the country will collapse.

Thus a reason we aren't doing anything about the War in Darfur. There is nothing we can get from helping them. Now people could say, "well it'll help out for a good cause," but the government can't just help out for a good cause unless we are threatened or one of our allies are threatened or something that is important to us is threatened. In all reality the government does not have emotion and cannot do something because it'll make a good image or help out another person unless we get a means out of it. A country will seldom do anything for another country unless they get something out of it, especially France.

So to not vote for him because he doesn't want to help out people who shouldn't be helped out because they screwed themselves over is, and I'm sorry to offend, pretty stupid. Would you help a conartist who was arrested, lost his actual job, and declared bankruptcy? Would you help a man who raped a small child get his life back on track because he says he's "better?" Now, the last one is an extreme, this I won't deny, but alas the same point is made. If someone does something stupid they can have control over and in the end they end up losing, why should the government step in and help? Because they are an american citizien? Then why not help a conartist get a second chance in life because he thinks he'll be better.

If you give money to a person who doesn't spend it wisely or cannot pay it back, then you are out of something. Being plain or anything along those lines should mean crap when thinking about who to vote for.

And the fact that this forum has a majority that like Obama means very little. The forum is filled with a younger generation, mostly below the age of 18. The younger people are the more liberal they tend to think. As they grow older, they think more republican. So yea, that part means diddle.

At Anima: Yes, but Obama was in fact one of the main people who helped get the idea passed.

And yes, that is quite funny.

Edited by Cho Hakkai

A lot of Obama's steam comes from the fact that he is an amazing public speaker. I don't say that to critisize him, though. I think he would do good for America.

As for McCain, all I've really heard of him are his campaign ads, and all they really seem to do is debase Barack and question his experience, as if he plans to win by crippling confidence in Barack and leaving only himself to vote for.

Yes, I strongly Agree that Obama does have a amazing public speaker and would do very good for america. He shows a good appearance and I believe he would be an amazing president and would take a stronger and different stand for the people.

Anima: Oh really ? He is ? I won't be able to go but, I would like to hear how it goes though

Edited by Xion