Eechi-go

Star Wars; The Old Republic

http://www.swtor.com/

They don't have much up yet, but was anyone looking forward to this?

Since SWG tanked by selling out, this is probably going to take up it's previous mantle and go on to be better then all the KOTOR's yet.

Atleast I hope so, the problem with a Star Wars game is that everyone wants to be a Jedi, so I'm curious on how they'll function in TOR.

Two functions: Jedi and Sith each with unique classes and races. I had TWG and left before it sold out, so I have little hope for a star wars RPG (Unless I can meet Ankin Solo) but I'll give the beta/demo a shot.

I'm not a huge fan MMORPG's, and if I read right, that's what this new Star Wars game is, correct? Depending upon its cost, I may or may not get it. I'm not a big fan of monthly fees just to play a game online. Now, if it also came with a single-player aspect (without aforementioned fees) then I'd look into it, but if it's strictly online, like FFXI was, then probably not.

I'm not a huge fan MMORPG's, and if I read right, that's what this new Star Wars game is, correct? Depending upon its cost, I may or may not get it. I'm not a big fan of monthly fees just to play a game online. Now, if it also came with a single-player aspect (without aforementioned fees) then I'd look into it, but if it's strictly online, like FFXI was, then probably not.

Not seeing the single player aspect happening. You coulf try for a prative serve though.

Edited by Rei

So, new gameplay footage out. Gotta say, it looks pretty damn amazing.

Never was a huge MMO fan, or a Star Wars fan for that matter, but the KOTOR games were phenomenal, and this game promises to be nothing less than spectacular.

Anyone else as excited about this game as I am?

More updates on this game.

All classes are up now, and I find it strange they made 2 force users per faction, but it seems as if their gameplay will be very diffrent depending on which you decide to play. I'm personally digging the inquisitor.

Also, it seems as if you can essentially play through your class story as if it were a single player game. Bioware stated that one class story has the same amount of depth that an entire Bioware game would have. That, to me, is impressive.

It also looks like they're trying to deviate from the boring trinity, endgame system. You know, the old tank, healer, and dpser. Which is good, since the SW universe wouldn't make sense to create 'tanks' for, given that blaster technology is the most used weapon.

Inspiration: so, is it like....pay every month like WoW? cause i remember playing GW before and it was free and pretty good.

Yep, the subscription plans will probably be similar to WoW.

I'm kinda hyped about the game mainly because it's kotor and bioware. I'm not all on board with the mmorpg part though. If the class I take is forced to be restricted as a tank, healer, damage, or support type then I'll stick a bunch of starving ewoks in a box and ship them to bioware so when they open the box the ewoks will cannibalize the staff. But if bioware can deliver The Old Repulic like the kotor series or mass effect then I'm all in.

Soooo, a year and a half later and we finally have a release date!

Looks like this baby comes out December 20th, but if you pre-order, you can gain early access. I assume that's to keep the servers from being flooded upon it's initial release so it's not unplayable.