Kido

Question And Answer

I got a question regarding this jutsu from the main site:

Prism (Sanryoukyou)

Type: Genjutsu (Earth)

Cost: 40

Damage: N/A

Effect:: -60 accuracy. Double effects on Uchiha, Hyuuga, or other "mystic eye" bloodline types regardless of if the effects of the eyes are activated or not. Lasts 2 posts.

Description: A brilliant crystalline piece of rock juts from the earth and shatters in a blinding explosion of light, blinding the opponent. Ninjas used to relying on enhanced forms of eyesight suffer especially badly from this technique.

How come it's labeled as a genjutsu and not a ninjutsu? Since if Im reading the description correctly, it seems to indicate more for a ninjutsu with real matter involved then an illusion of a genjutsu.

Since it is genjutsu it is assumed the description is an illusion.

Hmmm, true. Why Im wondering about it as a side note is from the Byakugan effect. Since if Byakugan is activated, it has a trait to negate 40% of genjutsu of the bat as a rank 1. Meaning it will have a double effect agianst them when it's deactivated but reduced once activated. This would not be the case if it was a ninjutsu.

But then again it might be the whole point of the jutsu, simple and clean. If complications as what i described are encountered then it will be calculated at that point. Just wanted to ask and be clear on it since Im planning on learning it perhaps with my new Iwa character hehe.

Well, though I don't think it is mandatory, there is a "Path of the Puppeteer" that you should think about taking. As of right now, I can't recall many who are currently puppeteers, but I do believe there is one out there. At least, I remember seeing some puppet items being made at one point. Anyway, you should simply be able to start your character as a puppeteer if you'd like; there is no real restriction for it.

Well checked it out. Probably going to become a Nara puppeteer. But after looking at it I believe that Puppeteer skill should revamped. It only allows At best four puppets, in the life of a character. In the show, and I know the site isn't based entirely off the show, Kankurou had two puppets as a gennin. Then at jounin had three and Chiyo who I'd place at Jounin/sennin had more ten at once. I think it should be more to the point of every 15 levels you can take up another puppet. 25 is too far out of grasp, It would probably take me more than a year just to get to level 50 if I was fully active, considering how much training and missions that would take, and the lengths of both.

Also are we allowed to take more than one path at once, as someone could be a scholar, and someone who is a hunter or warrior at the same time.

it would take you a year and a half or more to get to level 50 if you and your comrads were fully active. Been here for a year and still not even level 25. >.<

You can't take two paths at once. There is a skill that allows you to change your path but I forgot the name of it. I believe it is possible to upgrade your path though, im not too sure because I havent checked the path things since character creation.

Edited by Miso

Well checked it out. Probably going to become a Nara puppeteer. But after looking at it I believe that Puppeteer skill should revamped. It only allows At best four puppets, in the life of a character. In the show, and I know the site isn't based entirely off the show, Kankurou had two puppets as a gennin. Then at jounin had three and Chiyo who I'd place at Jounin/sennin had more ten at once. I think it should be more to the point of every 15 levels you can take up another puppet. 25 is too far out of grasp, It would probably take me more than a year just to get to level 50 if I was fully active, considering how much training and missions that would take, and the lengths of both.

Also are we allowed to take more than one path at once, as someone could be a scholar, and someone who is a hunter or warrior at the same time.

We have both the Ten and 100 puppet Jutsu's. They require my premission though.

Other puppet Jutu's

Edited by Rei

When a clone is attacked, when does its response phase occur?

To clarify the origin of this question: If Ninja Alpha has a multiple turn advantage, so on the next turn Ninja Beta has he resolves all of these attacks in the response phase(s) and Alpha attacks without being able to adapt to hits and misses of his own attacks.

Alpha attacks Clone Beta on the "off" turn" (as the clone has one action per 2 that Ninja Beta has). Does the attack resolve on the ninja's response phase or the clone's next turn?

Example Combat:

> Beta and his clone make their actions

> Alpha attacks Beta's clone

> Beta's turn (but not his clone). Clone response phase here?

> Alpha again, inconsequential action to the point

> Beta & Clone turn. Clone Response here?

That's a good question. Based on the system, you'd think they'd get their Response Phase once it is the clone's turn, but that wouldn't make much chronological sense.

Some of you need to define active. I've been here a little over a year, and I've had one character reach level 25, another reach 28, and my current one is 41. So really, what does "active" mean on this site?

Question: I was getting curious to know how the Advanced Path updates are coming along. Will they be fixed during the war, or will it take until after its conclusion to be resubmitted?

The Clone's Response Phase is only when its turn is. It works the same in a multiple person battle if you attack someone with the lowest speed and their turn is last and have multiple turns against them.

Also, the Advanced Paths are currently under work but the time of their release is unknown. Sooner rather than later is our plan, but then again Fang is our top priory right now.

1) For that answer and the answer to nearly every other clan, refer to the Locked! thread within the 'News' forum, and check the clans thread within approved clans. Following that, PM the owner of the clan (the person who posted the clan in all likelihood) and ask them for permission to join. As far as the locked thread says at the moment, the Uchiha have 1 slot open, the Hyuuga have 3 spots open (1 in branch and 2 in head), and the Nara have 2 spots open. The locked thread also includes a listing of the owner/owners of the approved clans.

Though I suggest you check out the three clans you mentioned, as well as browse the others out there, before you just jump in.

2) No you may not play a Bijuu or Jinchuuriki. They do not exist/are not allowed by our current standing and rules.

In addition to what Warr said, to get into to at least the Uchiha and Hyuuga clans, you have to show that your role play merit is worth entrance into the clan. I'm not sure how they might ask you to do this, but in the past, they wouldn't allow just anyone into the clan, even if they had spots available. Most of the time those who got a spot had been here for some time; long enough to display their ability and earn the right to make a character of that clan, at least. I'm not saying you can't get in, but in the past, it has been rather difficult -- if not impossible -- for new members to join either of those two clans.

Things may have changed however. In addition, I'm not sure how recent the "Locked!" thread is. Someone had mentioned earlier that the Nara clan had been filled up, but someone has recently decided to go a different route. So as far as that clan goes, there may be at least one spot open that I know of, but as Warr said, you'll need to at least PM the clan head to make sure for all three of the mentioned clans.

Has someone ported the "Master of Seals" skill, or did I just not see it anywhere? I know Mokujin made the first one, but I found it under the Old Creations area, so I wasn't sure if it has been redone yet.