Kido

Question And Answer

So, I've been brushing up on the rules pages and such (Cuz lots changes while I wait for big events like the CE to end), and I noticed this:

"Gate Alignment has been removed because it is no longer needed."

Then I mosey on over to the skill page going "Awesome, they put up those new gates someone was workin' on!" And I find this:

"Gates take a main phase to open."

Followed by the completely NOT CHANGED page about the gates. No problem. I figured I'd mosey over to approved skills. Figured they'd be there, and someone just got too lazy to update the page. Except I went all the way back to like, 2010, and found no approved topic. Maybe I'm blind. I dunno.

So: What are the current approved rules about the gates (and their current effects), and can someone update the website?

Do summoning creatures come from a different plane of existance when they are summoned or do we just consider bringing them from a far away place? Awkward question, but I need to know for creation purposes.

While in a chat, me and CD were hazy on a ruling, so I'll ask it here.

Jutsu, skills, and items with a "X Uses per battle" rule: Does a failed attempt count as a use? If I try to stun you but you don't get stunned, does it still subtract from my Stun limit? What about response phase jutsu with a fail chance?

Yes it counts towards your uses

EDIT: Here's a quote from an update about it that you missed

Hey all,

We wanted to make a reminder announcement about status effects that have "uses per battle" i.e. stunned/vulnerable/disorganized (but not limited to). If you miss with an attack that has a limit per battle (whether in the technique itself or the status effect), then you may not use it again in the battle. Keep a look out for lines like these.

Terrified: Character targeted tries to avoid the one who caused the fear or the location that it is centered around. If forced to confront the object of fear, the ninja has a -20% to total damage and -20% to hit chance against target. May only be used once a battle per enemy by Gennin, two times by Chuunin and three times by Jounin+.

Thanks,

Admins.

Edited by Leon

For summon creation, do the animal sizes need to follow the rulebook to a 'T', or can the animals be different in size than what is stated?

For instance, I'm working on a white tiger summon family, but I don't necessarily plan on having the lvl 0 be able to fit in the palm of somebody's hand, nor do I plan on having the lvl 4 be the size of a skyscraper. I was thinking of having the lvl 0 be roughly between 8 inches tall to a full foot tall at the shoulder, and obviously one or two feet long. Basically the size of a small/medium sized dog, to put it into perspective. I do plan on having the lvl 4 be several times larger than a human, but I was thinking more along the lines of 16-20ft at the shoulder, rather than 200-300ft.

**Also... Did our avatar sizes shrink or is my computer screen just whacked?

Edited by K Mitsuhide

do the effects of 'subtle elements' and 'elemental specialty' stack? like with subtle elements lightning it gives you +8% chance to hit with lightning techniques but lightning specialty gives you +10% to hit with all ninjutsu/genjutsu/taijutsu

does that mean if i have 'subtle elements lightning' and 'lightning specialty' i would get +18% to hit with every lightning-based ninjutsu attack?

For summon creation, do the animal sizes need to follow the rulebook to a 'T', or can the animals be different in size than what is stated?For instance, I'm working on a white tiger summon family, but I don't necessarily plan on having the lvl 0 be able to fit in the palm of somebody's hand, nor do I plan on having the lvl 4 be the size of a skyscraper. I was thinking of having the lvl 0 be roughly between 8 inches tall to a full foot tall at the shoulder, and obviously one or two feet long. Basically the size of a small/medium sized dog, to put it into perspective. I do plan on having the lvl 4 be several times larger than a human, but I was thinking more along the lines of 16-20ft at the shoulder, rather than 200-300ft.**Also... Did our avatar sizes shrink or is my computer screen just whacked?

1. Since NA doesn't operate on hit boxes [the physical size doesn't increase/decrease your chance to hit] ... no, size doesn't matter. I think those are intended for reference, but they're not grounds for denying approval.

2. Yes, Avatar Sizes were reduced. I'll poke Cntr to see if he can up the size restriction [my avatar got cropped :< ]

On the subject of summons, is there any issue with making a singular summon Lvl 4 and having a separate summoning technique for that summon? (With a slight fail chance of course)

There is no rule saying you can't, so it's hard to say without seeing the actual skill. However, my gut instinct is "that would be an issue" since that would allow for players to hold off on getting Summons until higher levels just so they can have a reduced SP cost.

EDIT: Durp, technique, not skill. Yeah, that shouldn't be an issue.

do the effects of 'subtle elements' and 'elemental specialty' stack? like with subtle elements lightning it gives you +8% chance to hit with lightning techniques but lightning specialty gives you +10% to hit with all ninjutsu/genjutsu/taijutsudoes that mean if i have 'subtle elements lightning' and 'lightning specialty' i would get +18% to hit with every lightning-based ninjutsu attack?

Major is correct - it's a little unusual because Subtle Elements: Lighting and Lightning Specialty give the same bonus, but the effects "stack" for all elements [you get both bonuses].

Edited by Rhap Sodos

Elemental Shield

Your armor has been chakra enduced to resist a chosen type of elemental attack

Effect: You take 25% of physical (chosen one of the basic 5 elements) damage. The element must be the same as the one you chose in "Elemental Defense"

Does this ability apply to the total damage or the base damage of the elemental technique?

Regular Question, so I put it in the regular Q & A thread.

Is it possible to have multiple layer of "Armor" type jutsu? (Such as Suna no Yoroi) Can I activate it on like 3 separate turns and have three "Armors of Sand" on me?

If "no" based on having the same jutsu active multiple times over, then would it be possible to have say, an Armor of Sand, and then an Armor of Ice, and then an Armor of Rock, all active at once?

Sorry if any of these questions have been asked before, but I don't have time to read through 168 pages. 

1. I've asked a couple people this one already, but I wanted to get a confirmed answer: Is the Umikaze Naval Alliance loyal to Kirigakure and/or Mizu no Kuni, or is it a separate political entity? 

2. What is this "Speech" I "Thought" thing I keep seeing in people's signatures? 

3. For the Response Phase, are justu specifically tagged as "response phase" the only jutsu I can use in that phase, or are those just jutsu that can only be used in the response phase? For example, if someone shoots a fireball at me, can I give up my setup and main phase to shoot a water dragon at the fireball so they collide and cancel each other out, or is the water dragon restricted to main phase only?

1. ... Azure will know. Wait for him to answer that one. (Meaning I looked on the wiki and found nothing.)

2. When you see that, it will generally be next to a character's name. It's an example of what their speech, and thought dialogue look like in character.

3. Only Response moves can be used in the Response Phase, but there's nothing stopping you from making a water blast that cancels fire techniques.